closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 108

Thread: Apprentice watch watch

  1. #51
    Craftsman DACC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by OHG1X View Post
    And do people in the real world really say things like 'Step up to the plate' and discuss 'Skill Sets' ??
    You obviously haven’t worked for a large enterprise in a while. This is regular “business speak” even worse if the firm has a “business development team” ( “how do you feel about that?” “Shall we unpack that?” Etc.)

    Yes people do say that!




    Sent from TZ-UK app on an iPhone

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Didn't realize anyone still watched that program.
    :lol:
    Yes good reply. I stopped watching many series ago but also always noted that he always something tasty on his wrist.

  3. #53
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,213
    Quote Originally Posted by DACC View Post
    You obviously haven’t worked for a large enterprise in a while. This is regular “business speak” even worse if the firm has a “business development team” ( “how do you feel about that?” “Shall we unpack that?” Etc.)

    Yes people do say that!


    Sent from TZ-UK app on an iPhone
    My favourite is when people say "can we take this offline" while sitting in a meeting and deciding that particular meeting isn't the time to discuss that matter. People in our place also have a horrible habit of saying "lets have a catch up" when they really mean a meeting then they try make it less like a meeting by sitting on a bloody sofa. Pure wankyness.

  4. #54
    Alstaire Stewart ITV newscaster I think he wears a date just but no sure? Anyone know?

    Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

  5. #55
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    369
    No mistaking this one..




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #56
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,635
    He wore that the other week. What a loser

  7. #57
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    2,456
    Just caught up with this weeks episode. Alan appears to be rocking a common as muck black on black GMTc. Looks amazing though!

  8. #58
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Just caught up with this weeks episode. Alan appears to be rocking a common as muck black on black GMTc. Looks amazing though!
    Prefer them to the BLNR.
    More oldskool.

  9. #59
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Nail on the head, for me at least. The Mrs still watches it but all too contrived and tedious now.
    I think the point is that any business man or woman with any sense wouldn't go on the show. They want 'characters', people who the audience will love and hate. Contestants go on the show purely for exposure- to market themselves as products. It makes me cringe watching it- the same goes for all other reality tv shows.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  10. #60
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    581
    I thought the Daytona looked great. As mentioned by someone else you don’t see a lot of them about. Saw one of each in London last week and thought they looked a lot better than expected in the flesh.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #61
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    69
    Does anyone not think that it really does not look good on him ? Almost completely out of place .....it's almost too modern, sporty and bright for someone like Sugar.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  12. #62
    Master -Ally-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    7,944
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Just caught up with this weeks episode. Alan appears to be rocking a common as muck black on black GMTc. Looks amazing though!
    I have to agree. It looked great on him. The Daytona less so.

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    I have to agree. It looked great on him. The Daytona less so.
    I spotted it and paused the tv to look.
    I was surprised to see a black GMT but also agree it looks absolutely superb.

    Such an under loved watch in the face of the BLNR (which I also love), but it really suited him.

  14. #64
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,192
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Alstaire Stewart ITV newscaster I think he wears a date just but no sure? Anyone know?

    Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app
    He does indeed - saw it numerous times when sat on the same train as him.

  15. #65
    Something rectangular today - I can only think of two that might suit that dial, being a Cartier Basculante or a Rolex Prince of some kind?
    Last edited by hughtrimble; 15th November 2017 at 22:52.

  16. #66
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    West Sussex. UK
    Posts
    1,087
    It's not a Basculante but it could be a Cartier Tank Americaine?

  17. #67
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    1,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolvingjones View Post
    It's not a Basculante but it could be a Cartier Tank Americaine?
    Looks like Tank Americane to me, certainly a Cartier clasp on the strap.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

  18. #68
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,635
    He must read the forums and decided to mix it up for us

  19. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolvingjones View Post
    It's not a Basculante but it could be a Cartier Tank Americaine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Looks like Tank Americane to me, certainly a Cartier clasp on the strap.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app
    First time I've heard of that model, and agreed, it certainly fits with the look.

  20. #70
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    16,427
    I've stopped watching the Apprentice, I think the show's run it's course and it's all become too predictable. In the past I found it very entertaining, I always enjoyed watching 'Sir Alan' running rings around the hapless youngsters in the boardroom. Alan Sugar must like watches, in the past he's always had something tasty on the wrist.

    Paul

  21. #71
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    End of the world
    Posts
    2,683
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yeah it ran its course a long time ago however after not watching for a good five years I decided to watch this years.

    He appears as usual to be keeping the controversial ones in (guess to make it more entertaining)

  22. #72
    Does anyone really care what he wears. For the record i have the Ceramic Daytona and seeing him with one really puts me off it!

  23. #73
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    2,456
    Just watched this weeks episode. Flippin ekk I worked with one of the expert panel guys when I was at Vauxhall Motors Marketing Strategies Dept. in 1997. Nice guy and he's clearly gone somewhere in life. Just saying.

    Not keen on Alan's watch piece this week.

  24. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyman View Post
    Does anyone really care what he wears. For the record i have the Ceramic Daytona and seeing him with one really puts me off it!
    The wrist candy was the only thing keeping me watching!

  25. #75
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    369
    First episode I’ve seen tonight.


    Kermit/Hulk?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  26. #76
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    16,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    He might wear high quality watches but his Amstrad stuff was pure rubbish..

    Brendan
    +1, those of us who are old enough will remember Amstrad hi- fi and car players, theyvwere chea and poor.

    I like Alan Sugar, but I’ve grown tired of the Apprentice; the show’s been done to death and I don’t bother watching thesedays. The best bit is seeing the candidates squirm in the boardroom as Lord Sugar rips them to pieces.

    As for the Daytona, it’s a watch that holds zero appeal to me. The previous model was nicer IMO.

  27. #77
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Dorset, UK
    Posts
    62
    I didn't even realise that the new series had started! Thank heaven for iPlayer.

  28. #78
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    1,009
    Quote Originally Posted by eletos View Post
    First episode I’ve seen tonight.


    Kermit/Hulk?




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, Alan Sugar I think.

  29. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBLK View Post
    I didn't even realise that the new series had started! Thank heaven for iPlayer.
    don't worry you aren't missing a great lot

  30. #80
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Staffs.
    Posts
    2,370
    He has had a different S/S rolex on every week of this series so far. I was wondering if he was some sort of brand ambassador. The clip that they played at the end of last nights episode showed him wearing something in yellow gold, maybe a GMT.

  31. #81
    Master geran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Didn't realize anyone still watched that program.
    That's what I keep telling the wife.

  32. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I've stopped watching the Apprentice, I think the show's run it's course and it's all become too predictable. In the past I found it very entertaining, I always enjoyed watching 'Sir Alan' running rings around the hapless youngsters in the boardroom. Alan Sugar must like watches, in the past he's always had something tasty on the wrist.

    Paul
    Fully agree with this.
    And this years trailers advertising the new series just about sums it up!

  33. #83
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Birmingham & Brussels
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    No, Alan Sugar I think.
    hahaha that made me chuckle!

  34. #84
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    End of the world
    Posts
    2,683
    Blog Entries
    1
    Have to say the only thing that makes me want to take a glimpse of this show is to see what Sugar has on his wrist (no idea why either). This thread saves me the time :)

    Guess he aint managed to grab a Pepsi yet? Maybe he wanted to keep the warranty card to retain full flipping value!

  35. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    He has had a different S/S rolex on every week of this series so far. I was wondering if he was some sort of brand ambassador. The clip that they played at the end of last nights episode showed him wearing something in yellow gold, maybe a GMT.
    He certainly does have lot's of Rolex's
    Andy

  36. #86
    Master Webwatchmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Posts
    1,874
    I love Frankie Boyle's description of Alan Sugar...


    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Webwatchmaker; 2nd November 2018 at 18:26.

  37. #87
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12
    Brand ambassador all the way.

  38. #88
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    51
    Damn I missed his watch this week


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  39. #89
    He has all the watches I’d expect someone with lots of money who isn’t particularly interested in watches to have!

  40. #90
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    55
    He probably gets it from his manager lol who probably got it from a grey


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  41. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    He has all the watches I’d expect someone with lots of money who isn’t particularly interested in watches to have!
    What makes you think he isn't interested in watches? Is because he is a fan of Rolex or simply because he has different tastes than you? As far as I know he buys all his watches from the same independent Rolex AD that he has been using since his younger days. He has thanked them on twitter before.

  42. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    What makes you think he isn't interested in watches? Is because he is a fan of Rolex or simply because he has different tastes than you? As far as I know he buys all his watches from the same independent Rolex AD that he has been using since his younger days. He has thanked them on twitter before.
    He may well be a massive WIS but you do start to notice that certain brands appear on the writs of people who buy these trinkets as a symbol of status and wealth as opposed to an actual interest in watches. It can't be coincidence that everyone on 'Talking Watches' for example has a Daytona. Occasionally you see someone with a brace of the usual suspects and a few really unusual pieces - That's when I think 'ah this guy likes watches, not just expensive watches'.

    That being said Alan may indeed have some 'enthusiasts' pieces tucked away, so I make no serious judgment - but if you take someone with no knowledge of watches, give them a few million, tell them to buy a watch, what do you think they'd buy?

    It reminds me of car enthusiasts - some are car enthusiasts who religiously maintain and love some right old bangers, whereas some have money to buy a nice car and become a defacto 'enthusiast' because they can afford to enter at a point unattainable to most, and think owning an expensive car because they can afford it makes them a member. Most of the time they've never looked under the bonnet. This is what I think of the new Top gear hosts, for example (except Harris, obviously). Flintoff even bought a Lamborghini that he couldn't fit inside because he didn't even drive it first. I'm guessing he hadn't been after one for long.

    I'm aware this could be interpreted as jealousy, but although it's early I'd like to state that in fact I very much enjoy recognising 'proper' enthusiasts by talking to people on forums and at shows etc, and enjoy having my preconceptions challenged and being pleasantly surprised more often than not by the level of passion, but we can't escape the reality is that there are some unimaginative people out there.

    All speculative, of course - never met the man and I live in hope that I am proved wrong. Overall I suppose it's just nice to see someone showing an interest!

  43. #93
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    End of the world
    Posts
    2,683
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    He may well be a massive WIS but you do start to notice that certain brands appear on the writs of people who buy these trinkets as a symbol of status and wealth as opposed to an actual interest in watches. It can't be coincidence that everyone on 'Talking Watches' for example has a Daytona. Occasionally you see someone with a brace of the usual suspects and a few really unusual pieces - That's when I think 'ah this guy likes watches, not just expensive watches'.

    That being said Alan may indeed have some 'enthusiasts' pieces tucked away, so I make no serious judgment - but if you take someone with no knowledge of watches, give them a few million, tell them to buy a watch, what do you think they'd buy?

    It reminds me of car enthusiasts - some are car enthusiasts who religiously maintain and love some right old bangers, whereas some have money to buy a nice car and become a defacto 'enthusiast' because they can afford to enter at a point unattainable to most, and think owning an expensive car because they can afford it makes them a member. Most of the time they've never looked under the bonnet. This is what I think of the new Top gear hosts, for example (except Harris, obviously). Flintoff even bought a Lamborghini that he couldn't fit inside because he didn't even drive it first. I'm guessing he hadn't been after one for long.

    I'm aware this could be interpreted as jealousy, but although it's early I'd like to state that in fact I very much enjoy recognising 'proper' enthusiasts by talking to people on forums and at shows etc, and enjoy having my preconceptions challenged and being pleasantly surprised more often than not by the level of passion, but we can't escape the reality is that there are some unimaginative people out there.

    All speculative, of course - never met the man and I live in hope that I am proved wrong. Overall I suppose it's just nice to see someone showing an interest!
    So if he wore a Grand Seiko he would be a more likely a WIS / enthusiast?

    I guess I get your point but even rappers are wearing super high end grand complication PPs nowadays (not just the sporty stuff) and I bet they know naff all either
    Last edited by kultschar; 5th November 2018 at 11:55.

  44. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    So if he wore a Grand Seiko he would be a proper WIS?
    No, I think you've missed my point - but if I see someone wearing something like a GS I am more likely to perceive them as a WIS! Please note I'm talking about myself here - some people also buy a Rolex because people who know nothing about watches still know the name Rolex. SOME people, probably not anyone here, obviously - you have to be at least a bit interested in watches to talk about them like we do!

    Many times I have complimented people on their Rolex and they don't know anything about it - however you can't often say the same for someone with a GS, can you?

    Please receive my comment as intended, I'm 100% not saying anyone who buys a Rolex isn't a WIS - to take that from what I wrote is either a lazy assumption based on a skim read or I didn't explain myself properly.

  45. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    So if he wore a Grand Seiko he would be a more likely a WIS / enthusiast?

    I guess I get your point but even rappers are wearing super high end grand complication PPs nowadays (not just the sporty stuff) and I bet they know naff all either
    Just saw the extra point - yes, brands like PP are trying their best to align themselves with these new emerging markets. You can't blame them. In fact I saw an episode of 'Peng Life' where a kid basically compares expensive and cheap things. There was one on watches and all they cared about was how much it was and how many diamonds it had etc. I hardly expected a discussion about balance springs, obviously, but it does reinforce my point.

  46. #96
    What’s he got on tonight I can’t tell

  47. #97
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    2,477
    Thought it was a skydweller

  48. #98
    Insert brand new Rolex model name here 😂

  49. #99
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Staffs.
    Posts
    2,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Thought it was a skydweller
    Yep, blue face SS Sky Dweller is my guess.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Thought it was a skydweller
    Yep, blue face SS Sky Dweller is my guess.

  50. #100
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-episodes.html

    Blimey... where are the Daily Mail getting their prices from?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •