closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Speedmaster stopping problem?

Omega Speedmaster stopping problem?

I have a new Omega Speedmaster that is worn in rotation with my other watches so sometimes it can lay unwound for 2-3 weeks. Now the last couple of times I have come to wear it I have wound it fully and put it on as normal to find that it stops after an hour or two? I have then wound it again fully and it has been find... is this common with manual winds? Any ideas if not what it could be? I really really don't fancy having to send it to omega...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman

Thats put me off buying one of these

One of my favourites.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    I have a new Omega Speedmaster that is worn in rotation with my other watches so sometimes it can lay unwound for 2-3 weeks. Now the last couple of times I have come to wear it I have wound it fully and put it on as normal to find that it stops after an hour or two? I have then wound it again fully and it has been find... is this common with manual winds? Any ideas if not what it could be? I really really don't fancy having to send it to omega...

That doesn't sound good. As it warms on your wrist you may be thinning the oil so it runs but weakly.
    I would put it on a timegrapher to check the balance amplitude.
    Should be at the very least 260.

Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    That doesn't sound good. As it warms on your wrist you may be thinning the oil so it runs but weakly.
    I would put it on a timegrapher to check the balance amplitude.
    Should be at the very least 260.

Brendan
    Thanks Brendan where would I get that done? I took it back to the AD to ask their advice and all they said was to return it to Omega.. they wouldn't do anything

^
    If it's still under warranty then the dealer should be sending it back to Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    ^
    If it's still under warranty then the dealer should be sending it back to Omega.
    They will send it back. Just wanted to find out more info on what it could be

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Thanks Brendan where would I get that done? I took it back to the AD to ask their advice and all they said was to return it to Omega.. they wouldn't do anything

You can send it to me with pleasure or try a local jewellers who have a watch timing device. Then decide.
    Omega will take ages and no doubt charge you an arm and a leg...!

Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    You can send it to me with pleasure or try a local jewellers who have a watch timing device. Then decide.
    Omega will take ages and no doubt charge you an arm and a leg...!

Brendan
    Thanks I will try a local first unsure if Omega would charge with it being under warranty though I'm certain the time taken by them would amount to a eternity!

Banned
    Thanks I will try a local first unsure if Omega would charge with it being under warranty though I'm certain the time taken by them would amount to a eternity!

I wouldn't think they have a right to charge anything if it's under warranty.
    Doesn't mean they won't try !
    Bring the guarantee and tell them you want it back asap. Get a receipt too !

Brendan

Apprentice
    I had some issues with my Seamaster under warranty, visited their service department as local to me and met with their Head of Customer Service James Avery, who happened to let me in, took a personal interest in my case and it was treated under warranty and with priority. He can be contacted at James.Avery@uk.swatchgroup.com so hope this helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by moonman100 View Post
    I had some issues with my Seamaster under warranty, visited their service department as local to me and met with their Head of Customer Service James Avery, who happened to let me in, took a personal interest in my case and it was treated under warranty and with priority. He can be contacted at James.Avery@uk.swatchgroup.com so hope this helps you.
    Thank you so much!! I have sent over an email tonight to him and wow! Cannot fault the reply and his passion. The watch is going directly to him.

Apprentice
    You should be able to take it in if your still under warranty - if your not I would go to a local AD and see what they say first get as many opinions as you can.