closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Longines Heritage 1945: Do you prefer the new release or the original?

Longines Heritage 1945: Do you prefer the new release or the original?

This 40mm, automatic version will hit the stores in November:

https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collec...aign=Skimlinks

However the original, 37mm manual wind looks perfect to my eyes:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/lo...45-introducing

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/lo...ation-hands-on

I would try posting a WTB for one but I expect that these will be as rare as hen's teeth and are about to appreciate in value slightly.

£1300 so grey market price of about £900. Longines make some excellent watches but I do wish they would price them properly instead of devaluing them like this.

Good things - love the hands and dial, nice period markers.
    Bad- cannot be doing with that ill conceived sub dial, poor position, and too tiny. I think it should be hand wound as well..

Quote Originally Posted by sestrel View Post
    Good things - love the hands and dial, nice period markers.
    Bad- cannot be doing with that ill conceived sub dial, poor position, and too tiny. I think it should be hand wound as well..
    Agree 100%!

Sent from my F8331 using TZ-UK mobile app

I like this watch but I do think the sub dial is a bit too high up which is a shame.

Master
    Subdial far to close to the central pivot and what is going on with that dial it looks like textured fag stained creamy yuk a bit like granny’s old wall paper.
    The original looks gorgeous just blinking well copy that .

Much prefer the original. It's a shame that Swatch couldn't provide a fitting movement, a hand wind piece that has the subdial where it should be (there's a certain theme building up in this thread), and it's a shame that the case has grown a couple of mil. Not too bad an effort, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Much prefer the original. It's a shame that Swatch couldn't provide a fitting movement, a hand wind piece that has the subdial where it should be (there's a certain theme building up in this thread), and it's a shame that the case has grown a couple of mil. Not too bad an effort, though.
    Agreed.. it's too bad of an effort at all! very much faithful to the original, but marketed for today's buyers.
    i personally prefer the original, for all the details mentioned above, but there again not bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I love longines as a brand they have a great range and make some cracking watches... I like this watch but the subdial is definitely too high... I'm glad they don't charge too much as I'm definitely looking to buy another longines as my legend diver is a keeper...

Apprentice
    It seems we all agree. The subdial is small and too close to the pinion. It is automatic, but at least it does not have a date (a given with Longines). The case is not only big, but the lugs are quite long, perhaps like the legend diver. However, don't be fooled by the crappy Jura pic. I bet the dial is going to be smashing. I think, in spite of all the things that could have been better, I would like to see it in the flesh before condemning it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Although yes, the subdial is a bit close it is what it is and if there's not a suitable movement to rectify that then what they've done is the sensible move.

If you didn't know of the original would you buy it?

I happen to like it and for the money I think it's cracking. I'll definitely be searching it out in the ADs to see what it wears like.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    £1300 so grey market price of about £900. Longines make some excellent watches but I do wish they would price them properly instead of devaluing them like this.
    Or maybe other brands are overpriced?

Quote Originally Posted by Wibbs View Post
    Nail hit on head.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibbs View Post
    Exactly. I have no problem paying for complications, high levels of finishing or precious metals, but I think this is priced perfectly for a nice design with reliable but not remarkable movement that's produced in the tens of thousands.

Blog Entries
    I like the look of both old and new dials, when taken as entirely different models/watches. If it was just meant to be a copy then I think the dial and movement should match.

I think I prefer it being auto over hand winding and it looks good but I don't think it's underpriced considering the eta inside.