closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RIP: Paul Sorvino

RIP: Paul Sorvino

RIP Paul Sorvino, Goodfellas tour de force.
    His daughter the actress Mira Sorvino was one of Weinsteins victims. Of Weinstein, Paul Sorvino said he would have to die in jail. Asked why he responded "Because if not, he has to meet me, and I will kill him, real simple". Class, pure class.

Master
    I thought he'd died years ago. My wife reckons it's because of the text at the end of Goodfellas saying Paulie had died in prison... my bad.

That's Ray "Henry Hill" Liotta, Paul "Paulie Vario" Sorvino and Tony "Paulie Walnuts" Sirico gone in the space of a few weeks. Sad losses, perfectly played characters.

I feel a mobster movie marathon on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post

Never a bad plan.

Blog Entries

RIP: Paul Sorvino

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    I thought he'd died years ago. My wife reckons it's because of the text at the end of Goodfellas saying Paulie had died in prison... my bad.

That's Ray "Henry Hill" Liotta, Paul "Paulie Vario" Sorvino and Tony "Paulie Walnuts" Sirico gone in the space of a few weeks. Sad losses, perfectly played characters.

Very sad isn’t it - not many left of these mob screen representatives . Armand Assante must be getting on now he played a great Gotti which of course Tony Sirico played part of his crew and also another HBO mob favourite was Frank Vincent (RIP) as Robert de ‘de bi’ Bernardo whom was unforgettable as Frank Leotardo in Sopranos.

It really hit me when I watched Godfather of Harlem how much Paul Sorvino had aged yet as a kid watching Goodfellas he looked old then! What a class actor he was . Well noted that he played Paul Vario (not Cicero) as depicted in the film.

RIP Paulie ‘”who didn’t move for anyone ‘”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/tm3GIRhT1To

The man knew how to slice garlic.

RIP Paulie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked his story about dealing quickly with fans, he would shake their hand, put his hand on their back and said "Now, I'm gonna have to turn my back on you.”
    Always struck me as a nice touch, it allowed him out and the fan got to hear a great line. Classy!

Craftsman
    Played the mob boss in The Firm, literally one scene right at the end but delivered with complete menace. A class act indeed.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    I liked his story about dealing quickly with fans, he would shake their hand, put his hand on their back and said "Now, I'm gonna have to turn my back on you.”
    Always struck me as a nice touch, it allowed him out and the fan got to hear a great line. Classy!

Not heard that before, love it though. Thanks for sharing.

RIP