closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Going round in circles.

Master

Going round in circles.

I'm currently looking for a new diver as my daily wearer/beater. I've a budget of around £350 and keep going round in blooming circles. CW C60 Trident 300, Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Red and Obris Morgan Explorer II are the culprits so far. Don't mind buying used but CW currently have a discount of £50 when spending over £300 so could buy new. Was having fun choosing my next watch but now I'm doing my own head in as I can't decide. I'm off to America next month and really wanted it before then to take along. At this rate I'll still be looking at Christmas!! Any advice on the above mentioned or other choices (just to make it even harder to decide) would be much appreciated.

Journeyman
    I would want more than £50 off any CW, good watches (imho) but always buy in a sale. I have a Steinhart ocean one black, great watch for the money and probably one of my favourites if you don't mind homages

I was tempted by the precista prs3, with a used version on chronomaster tempting me and may still pick one up, i don't think you will be disappointed with any of these three. Never tried the obris.

What about a used Longines Hydroconquest?
    http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...light=Longines

You should be able to find a Trident 600 if you look around, cracking watches and my daily watch

I have owned so many watches at this price point and the CW is my favourite so far

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post

Thanks for the replies all. Have looked at that Longines, which looks great, but slightly too small for me (looking for around 42mm).
    That 2nd one in the pics above looks excellent.
    I do like the look of the CW. I nearly bought one for my last watch but went for the Scurfa instead. Have my eye on a used one so will see how that goes (would love to grab a 600 wI think my budget).
    The joys of being a watch addict!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fierbois16 View Post
    I would want more than £50 off any CW, good watches (imho) but always buy in a sale. I have a Steinhart ocean one black, great watch for the money and probably one of my favourites if you don't mind homages

I was tempted by the precista prs3, with a used version on chronomaster tempting me and may still pick one up, i don't think you will be disappointed with any of these three. Never tried the obris.
    Thanks fierbois, I relay like the look of the Steinhart and have owned an Ocean One before, so know they're great quality for the price, but not sure about it due to the homage aspect. May just go for it and move it on if I can't live with it .

What about one of the new Seiko Turtles:

I think it is very hard to get past the PRS-82.
    But, also worth considering is Armida. I have an A1 in brass, which for the money is amazing, and has just about the best lume I have ever seen (if that is important to you). Being brass, mine is slowly developing a nice patina, with polished edges where it rubs on clothing.
    Dave

Master
    Not really a fan of the Turtle (but do like the Samurai). Will take a look at Armida, thanks mate.
    Last edited by Toddy; 14th September 2017 at 09:42.

Master
    All mentioned so far are superb beaters. I'll throw in the Seiko Sumo which is a watch that punches way above its price.

The Squale 1545 range also offers great value at a more wearable size for everyday use.
    Last edited by stefmcd; 14th September 2017 at 10:26.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    All mentioned so far are superb beaters. I'll throw in the Seiko Sumo which is a watch that punches way above its price.

The Squale 1545 range also offers great value at a more wearable size for everyday use.
    Another 2 to add to the list, thanks for the suggestions.

Master
    Well after looking at what seems like a million pictures of divers and checking specs I keep going back to the Steinhart Vintage Red. The homage bit puts me off slightly but I just love the looks and know they're great quality for the price. Shame I can't afford the real deal but I have my Omega PO as my decent watch so this should do nicely as a beater..........until I change my mind again. Thanks for all the suggestions folks, much appreciated.

Or do I buy a CW Trident. ........arrgghhhh!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Not really a fan of the Turtle (but do like the Samurai). Will take a look at Armida, thanks mate.
    You seriously wouldn't go wrong with a Samurai, they are definitely a step above the turtles and skx etc. I took one in px for my Steinhart and was very impressed with the quality & it was a watch I'd never even looked at. You may get a blue lagoon for your budget (one BIN on the bay for that the other day)

Otherwise if you like Steinhart I'd look at the Ocean one Vintage as it really is a beautiful, quality watch for the money.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by henk View Post
    Bell 1 divers top the lot in my opinion http://scurfawatches.com/bell-diver-1-automatic

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Thats the watch I've just sold, excellent but wanted a change.