closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help! London watchmaker required

Help! London watchmaker required

My new Straton Syncro's keeping very poor time - gaining maybe a minute or so a day. I don't time these things exactly, but it's certainly more than I'm happy with. Which is saying something as I'm not normally one to even notice a lack of accuracy, let alone care about it.

Kyle, the company's owner, has been very good about it and told me he fears it may have been magnetised in transit. It's responding very differently to a watch I previously had which got magnetised, but I believe magnetisation can affect different parts and result in different problems.

My question is who in London could I take it to that could check if it's magnetised and fix it for me? Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Toby

If you have a compass to hand place the watch next to it.
    If the neadle moves away from north it's likely the watch has been magnetised. (An iPhone compass also works)
    If it has, it's a straight forward process to solve.
    I bought a cheap demagnetiser from amazon. They work a treat if you fancy doing it yourself.
    If not I am sure the watchmaker in Piccadilly Circus station could sort it out. (Can't remember his name but he is in the ticket hall).
    What part of London are you in? If west an alternative is to try the guys next to Goldhawk Rd Station, cheap and cheerful but will get it sorted for you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    If not I am sure the watchmaker in Piccadilly Circus station could sort it out. (Can't remember his name but he is in the ticket hall).
    Sean McNeill, Watches To Go.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Sean McNeill, Watches To Go.
    That's the guy!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    That's the guy!
    :-)