closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adidas Trainer/Sneaker Collectors

Craftsman
    I’ve got a pair of Noel Gallagher’s that I queued all night to buy in London. I quite like the idea mentioned above of displaying in a glass cabinet 🙈

Master
    Used to years ago but sadly most have gone.

I did find a par of original adidas spezial made in west Germany ones on top of the wardrobe other week. Couldn't wear them much as the holes in the side of the original one go right through, so if it ever rained I got wet feet!

Craftsman
    I'm not a massive fan of Adidas trainers but if they ever did a remake of the Tokio in the goretex I would have a pair.

Journeyman
    Re-issue of Adidas Koln, general release on the 10th November 2017

Journeyman
    This Friday sees the release of 1,992 pairs of Adidas 92 (Manchester only release at Size?, Oi Polloi and Old Trafford).

They will be individually numbered 1 – 1992, making every pair unique. The shoe has an upper using material linking back to the original MUFC home shirt worn in that year, and the insole also links to the iconic era, with a printed pattern taken from the away jersey famously worn by Ryan Giggs. The golden lettering of “Ninety - Two” completes the shoe.

Craftsman
    Judging by the amount of pictures of pristine and rare Adidas trainers here, I’m pretty sure I would create uproar if I posted a pic of my completely knackered 16 year old Samba’s that I just can’t bring myself to chuck out!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyf View Post
    Judging by the amount of pictures of pristine and rare Adidas trainers here, I’m pretty sure I would create uproar if I posted a pic of my completely knackered 16 year old Samba’s that I just can’t bring myself to chuck out!
    Most photos are releases Bobby, not many owned pairs been shown.

Get your photo on, as there's nowt like a nice comfy and go to pair

I bought both colours in the churches collaboration. I wore the blue ones to death and still have the brown unworn.

I have five pairs of yeezy too. I wear the 750 grey pair every day for work. They are well worn now

And four pairs of unworn 350 V2.

I think I'll start wearing the brown churches next. Or might sell them and buy a pair of C&J shoes with the proceeds. The trainers will only last so long. The c&j shoes would last a lifetime

Journeyman
    Love the Churches, got the brown pair, still trying to find the navy pair in my size.

How do you manage to get the Yeezy's? I thought it was just bots that managed to get them. How do you find them?

Journeyman
    Re-release of Adidas Dublin's, which are a Size? exclusive, on Friday 17th November 2017:-

Available instore and online from Size? Only about 5,000 pairs made, so certain sizes will be tough to get hold of.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyf View Post

Ditto ! . Have around 4 pairs of Suede Samba Supers in various states, from still in the box new, through to should have been binned years ago but they keep hanging in there ( I use them for odd jobs around the house and gardening ). Easily the most comfortable trainer I've ever worn, hence the reason I keep on buying them. If anyone knows where I could get Samba Supers in different colours apart from Blue or Black I'd love to know !!
    Last edited by zippy; 5th November 2017 at 12:10.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    If anyone knows wher I could get Samba Supers in different colours apart from Blue or Black I'd love to know !!
    Ditto, even blue seems reasonably hard to find.

Yeezys come from a friend who works in a shop. I pay retail price for them

I guess it helps I'm a good friend. The 750 are anv comfortable shoe. Not something I'd pay over list price for personally. Even list price was pushing it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchester View Post

Are these exclusive to Size? as there is no mention of them on the Adidas website in the upcoming release section?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by zippy View Post
    If anyone knows where I could get Samba Supers in different colours apart from Blue or Black I'd love to know !!
    Let me know what size, and I’ll keep an eye out for you.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Are these exclusive to Size? as there is no mention of them on the Adidas website in the upcoming release section?
    No, they’re general release, so will be available at most shops online and in store.

£85, release date is Friday 10th November.

Some foreign sites released them early, with the deliveries due tomorrow. Sold out fairly quick too.

I’ve spoken to a lad who’s tried them on, says they’re much better in the flesh.

Going to pick up a couple of pairs of these, as they do look nice 👍

Master
    No, they’re general release, so will be available at most shops online and in store.

Some foreign sites released them early, with the deliveries due tomorrow. Sold out fairly quick too.

I’ve spoken to a lad who’s tried them on, says they’re much better in the flesh.

Going to pick up a couple of pairs of these, as they do look nice 
    Yeah I’m quite tempted by these, will see what happens Fri morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Damo View Post
    I've just recently ordered a blue pair form this site, cheapest I could find.

https://www.mandmdirect.com/02/fts/?...as+samba+super

Let me know what size, and I’ll keep an eye out for you.
    Thank's, much appreciated, I'm a size 8 1/2 - 9.

I'm sure many you have seen this, but always worth another look

Last edited by zippy; 5th November 2017 at 15:43.

Craftsman
    Just managed to find & buy a pair of Jamaica’s, a pair of Munchen SPZL, a pair of Jeans in vista green, a pair of Topanga SPZL and a pair of Hamburg’s in Dublin colours. Not easy to find when you need size 9.5

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Damo View Post
    MiG Samba supers here:

https://wellgosh.com/adidas-samba-cl...age-white.html

Master
    Another whose first "real" pair of trainers were Adidas Kick..... which ignited a long running obsession. The problem was that the second pair were Nike Jordan 1's which led me down a different path.

I've never really "got" Adidas as many of their re-issues and special editions looked like funky coloured gazelles or football boots which was a I never took to. The only ones I ever really remember wanting were the Barbour collaboration (ZX?). Still annoyed I never bought a pair of those when they came out. Never the less I do still own a few pairs mainly superstars, a few LAs, eqt support 93/16 with the boost sole and a natty camo pair of eqt support which i'm wearing now.

Master

Going to pick up a couple of pairs of these, as they do look nice 
    I'll get them too, they are really just London's with Koln written on but like them anyway. Where are you getting the Dublin's BTW?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    I'll get them too, they are really just London's with Koln written on but like them anyway. Where are you getting the Dublin's BTW?
    I’ve spoke to lads who had them delivered already from Spain, the Koln that is, all reporting that the quality is superb. I’m a big fan of London’s and Trimm Stars, so they get a thumbs up for me.

No idea on the Dublin’s yet. I’ll probavly try unsuccessfully online, as I can’t get out of work to queue. Releases like this, I wish I knew a professional queuer 😂😂

What about you?

Master
    I’ve spoke to lads who had them delivered already from Spain, the Koln that is, all reporting that the quality is superb. I’m a big fan of London’s and Trimm Stars, so they get a thumbs up for me.

No idea on the Dublin’s yet. I’ll probavly try unsuccessfully online, as I can’t get out of work to queue. Releases like this, I wish I knew a professional queuer 

What about you?
    Good to hear on the Koln, looking forward to them.

I’ve got a couple of mates going so should be OK, will probably ring up the store in advance to make sure they are OK with one of them picking me a pair up as well as themselves

Journeyman
    Good to hear on the Koln, looking forward to them.

I’ve got a couple of mates going so should be OK, will probably ring up the store in advance to make sure they are OK with one of them picking me a pair up as well as themselves
    I’m jealous!! Great relationship you have then, if you can do that. Hope you get sorted out.

Master
    I’m jealous!! Great relationship you have then, if you can do that. Hope you get sorted out.
    Can possibly help with the Koln if you need any?

Journeyman
    Can possibly help with the Koln if you need any?
    Hopefully going to be ok for this release, prefer help on a none general release if possible.

Master
    Hopefully going to be ok for this release, prefer help on a none general release if possible.
    Sorry I can't help more on the Dublins, it's all I can do to guarantee a pair for myself. Hate to pay re-sellers but may be the way forward on these with not a massive premium hopefully

Journeyman
    Sorry I can't help more on the Dublins, it's all I can do to guarantee a pair for myself. Hate to pay re-sellers but may be the way forward on these with not a massive premium hopefully
    Re-sellers or a queuer is what I'm currently looking for. The shame ha ha.

Journeyman

Early release from End Clothing today, who are doing the full size run at £85:-

https://www.endclothing.com/gb/adidas-koln-by9804.html

Master

Saw this earlier, I think its been rinsed now though.....

Master
    I've got some Chile '62's not worn them for some time - not really a trainer guru

Master

Now on sale at Hanon as well, full size run.

Master
    Now on sale at Hanon as well, full size run.
    thanks for the heads up, one pair incoming!

Buying any semi limited release these days is crazy. I remember when it used to be a far more civilised affair! On that note if anyone can get hold of the forthcoming Vans x Fear of God easily please send me a PM!

Master
    My Adidas Koln arrived today, I’m always slightly nervous about buying Adidas online as the sizing seems to be a law unto itself however these fit perfectly.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    My Adidas Koln arrived today, I’m always slightly nervous about buying Adidas online as the sizing seems to be a law unto itself however these fit perfectly.
    Mine arrived from End yesterday, very impressed with them.

Master
    Mine arrived from End yesterday, very impressed with them.
    And now onto the Dublin's.........

Journeyman
    And now onto the Dublin's.........
    Will be admiring yours I think

Master
    I managed to get some Dublin's on line with no real problem, they did sell out in less that a minute though. Beats camping out all night How did everyone else get on?

Seeing people camping, for trainers, just makes me sad for society.

Even as someone who has bought many many pairs over the years, this is a real sad shift. The want want culture is horrible.

Saying that, I don't like any of the releases anyway but I just can't believe this actually happens

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Seeing people camping, for trainers, just makes me sad for society.

Even as someone who has bought many many pairs over the years, this is a real sad shift. The want want culture is horrible.

Saying that, I don't like any of the releases anyway but I just can't believe this actually happens
    I know what you mean, but it’s harmless enough I suppose and at least shows a level of dedication, even if it is only for a pair of shoes!

I know what you mean, but it’s harmless enough I suppose and at least shows a level of dedication, even if it is only for a pair of shoes!
    I don't think it is that though - I think it's a completely different material culture.

Plus - how many actually keep them? Or do it to make ££

I'm getting older and grumpier but I just can't abide people that actually camp out for something. If you went and joined a queue on the day, fair enough, but to actually camp, for several days. Dear me.

Grump over... :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    I don't think it is that though - I think it's a completely different material culture.

Plus - how many actually keep them? Or do it to make ££

I'm getting older and grumpier but I just can't abide people that actually camp out for something. If you went and joined a queue on the day, fair enough, but to actually camp, for several days. Dear me.

Grump over... :)
    Yes I agree with the camping thing and as a collector it’s infuriating that people camp to sell on at a profit. Get a life and/or a job!

Journeyman
    I managed to get some Dublin's on line with no real problem, they did sell out in less that a minute though. Beats camping out all night How did everyone else get on?
    Missed out on them. Tried online, and my size sold out the second they were released...

Seen a couple in my size on ebay, but they're daft money.

What're they like then?

Adidas Trainer/Sneaker Collectors

Just managed to get some Spiritus (Red/Yellow stripes) from Ebay. I'm hoping they're not fakes but paid by Paypal just incase.

I love my trainers. Years ago before the hype and having to queue up overnight for releases it was Nike. Now it's mostly Adidas because a 40 year old white bloke from a Northern market town can get away with Sambas but looks a total muppet in a pair of Air Jordans.

Saying that I meant to pick up a pair of Nike Air 180's last Friday but forgot and by the time I remembered they had all gone.

Managed to bag these last week. They'd sold out by midday on the Size? website but I went the old fashioned route and phoned a few stores

Not really into Adidas but I did just pick up a pair of Air 180 OG Ultramarine 😊

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Managed to bag these last week. They'd sold out by midday on the Size? website but I went the old fashioned route and phoned a few stores

Oh I do like those Trimm Star!!