closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adidas Trainer/Sneaker Collectors

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Not really into Adidas but I did just pick up a pair of Air 180 OG Ultramarine 
    good choice sir! Where did you get them?

Quote Originally Posted by glyn696486 View Post
    good choice sir! Where did you get them?
    Managed to get the from End launches...been after a pair since about 1991 I think 😊

Master
    Not really into Adidas but I did just pick up a pair of Air 180 OG Ultramarine 
    Mine turned up Today.

I’m surprised just how old school they look in the flesh.

I had a pair in 1991 and the reissues in the noughties. I would have really liked these. Lets hope there's a restock

Master
    Any Air Max 95 fans here?

Been wearing them since 2004.

Love a pair of Adidas, although I'm running out of space fast, just over 50 pairs at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret67 View Post
    On an Adidas thread? Whatever next

Quote Originally Posted by Claret67 View Post

Been wearing them since 2004.
    Yes and the grey neon's are getting a re-issue in March

Well they’ve arrived and they’re great. The question is now - do I wear them or speculate that they’ll be worth more in 2-5yrs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by badger1 View Post
    Well they’ve arrived and they’re great. The question is now - do I wear them or speculate that they’ll be worth more in 2-5yrs?

Wear them fella, I very much doubt they will fetch much over retail even in a few years, did you notice the spelling mistake on the box?

I think I will wear them. I’ve found a guy that restores trainers so if they start looking manky I can get them looking as good as new!

They’re made to be worn so I will.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I will wear them. I’ve found a guy that restores trainers so if they start looking manky I can get them looking as good as new!

They’re made to be worn so I will.

Some nice pics and collections. I'm not really into Adidas as I've gone off there new designs. Still a fan of the classic style trainers though like the Dublin etc. I was always more into the ZX series and had a killer collection about 6 years ago which got stolen. These days I'm more into New Balance, Diadora, Filling Pieces etc. I'll get some pics up later of a few pairs.

Keep the pics comming

I would have posted up some pics but for some reason, I can't seem to upload or link pictures????

Master
    Where’s best to see what new releases/ rereleases are coming? And also where’s the best please to pre order as I’m after some of the grey neon 95’s

Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    Where’s best to see what new releases/ rereleases are coming? And also where’s the best please to pre order as I’m after some of the grey neon 95’s

Jordan brand are trying their level best to empty as many peoples wallets as possible

February will see the release of the black cement Jordan 3 the white cement Jordan 3 with clear sole off white Jordan 1, bred toe Jordan 1 and ovo Jordan 8s.

But you can expect to find it incredibly difficult to acquire even 2 of the one listed below

For the neon 95 your best bet is the sneakers app and places like End.

Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    END launches is the only pre order type place I know of, it's not technically pre order. Otherwise I've had luck on the Nike website on launch day.

END launches is the only pre order type place I know of, it's not technically pre order. Otherwise I've had luck on the Nike website on launch day.
    They normally do a raffle of which I have entered on many occasions but only won once for the blue/red Spititus

Craftsman
    Far from a collector but worked in retail footwear for shoes. Always had a soft spot for adidas in particular.

Had many limited editions over the years but the Carlo Grubers also stay in mind. Wasn’t a fan at first but bought them anyway, looked great one when you can’t see the multi coloured collar!!

Pic not mine btw

I was also trying to get a pair of the limited edition music anniversary collection Adidas did with Def Jam. The RUN DMC shelltoes!! Couldn’t get them unfortunately but used to sell for silly money on eBay.

Quite like the recent Grenson x New Balance collab but cannot see me spending £300 on a pair of trainers anymore

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Where can I reserve a UK9 pair of the Mccartens? They look the biz.
    Just had a look myself as I agree def look the biz! Can not locate a 9 though either

Quote Originally Posted by jamestmusic View Post
    Just had a look myself as I agree def look the biz! Can not locate a 9 though either

Can get a 9.5 here if any help http://www.consortium.co.uk/adidas-o...SABEgKGWPD_BwE

Apprentice
    Does anybody know when the next city series release is ?

Cheers
    Last edited by Mr Freeze; 1st March 2018 at 19:23. Reason: wrong page

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Freeze View Post
    Does anybody know when the next city series release is ?

Cheers
    Do you mean the Spzl release or a particular shoe in the city series?

Craftsman
    Like the 35th anniversary?? New York, London etc....

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Do you mean the Spzl release or a particular shoe in the city series?
    Aren't the spzl different to the city series ? sorry i'am not massively in the know with these trainers .
    I bought the dublin taiwan's and koln's last year and got the berlin's at the start of the year
    but just not sure how many they re issue a year ?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by jamestmusic View Post
    Like the 35th anniversary?? New York, London etc....

yes london malmo etc

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Freeze View Post
    Aren't the spzl different to the city series ? sorry i'am not massively in the know with these trainers .
    I bought the dublin taiwan's and koln's last year and got the berlin's at the start of the year
    but just not sure how many they re issue a year ?
    They are different but often they include a pair of city series, Manchesters for example last.

I've got no idea when the next one is out TBH but I'll post anything I find out on this thread

Anyone going for the Off White Jordan 1's tomorrow ?

I think the only chance to get those now will be the Nike Snkrs app. All other stockists have already raffles them off.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by njr911 View Post
    Anyone going for the Off White Jordan 1's tomorrow ?
    Yes I have signed up to one of the raffles and going to try the sneakers app in the morning

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I've seen that Adidas have done another collab with CP Company, and they look really nice this time. The last ones in my opinion were awful.

Due for release on either the 24th or 28th August, awaiting confirmation:-

Quote Originally Posted by Manchester View Post
    I've seen that Adidas have done another collab with CP Company, and they look really nice this time. The last ones in my opinion were awful.

Due for release on either the 24th or 28th August, awaiting confirmation:-

I like the Samba but I'll skip the Gazelle and those other monstrosities. Any idea on price? Bound to be too much

Quite like those Gazelles. I'm sure they'll be a whole bunch of money, though.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Journeyman
    The Gazelle's are actually Tobacco, I quite like them, but never sure with sizing. As I've needed up to a full size larger with previous issues of Tobacco.

There's also a navy version of the Samba, so grey and navy colourways to be released.

Costs for the trainers, I've seen between £90 and £110 mentioned.

I love those Marathon's

Master
    Now all on sneakersnstuff, for sale 24th August.

https://m.sneakersnstuff.com/en/472/upcoming-releases

Apprentice

id please

Hi all...
    Been trying to identify my favourite old pair for a while now but drawing a blank on the internet so far. Any of you enthusiasts able to cast some light on these for me? I'm sure it was 2003 when I got them... The black sole used to come up over the front slightly ('new york' style) but has long since worn off.
    Thanks in advance guys - this is driving me insane!

Last edited by Shaun342; 13th September 2018 at 00:37. Reason: Adding images

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun342 View Post
    Hi all...
    Been trying to identify my favourite old pair for a while now but drawing a blank on the internet so far. Any of you enthusiasts able to cast some light on these for me? I'm sure it was 2003 when I got them... The black sole used to come up over the front slightly ('new york' style) but has long since worn off.
    You didn’t keep the box and papers? Or did the AD keep them?

Why don't you ask the guy who donated then to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun342 View Post
    Hi all...
    They were made in the Pouchen Indonesian factory in July 2001. They are part of the Country range, style #659900, which are now obviously discontinued.

The closet you'll probably get now is these -

https://www.soletraderoutlet.co.uk/a...hoCOO0QAvD_BwE

Edit - Pouchen, if you didn't already know, is the biggest footwear manufacturers in the world.

Craftsman
    I'm an adidas fan - driven mainly by 90's music, the simple look and football.

I typically wear Gazelles and Dragons but also SL72's - I have a lovely pair of black Shell Toes with lots of tiny adidas logos over them, so cool but struggling to find them at the moment with a recent move.

I have just picked up the following in the last week;
    - adidas DRAGONS (Red, UK 11) - Bought in Bahrain for a paltry £30
    - adidas DRAGONS (Black, UK 11) - Bought in Bahrain for a paltry £30
    - adidas JEANS (White / Green, UK 11) - 80s Casual Classics for £70

Threw most of my old ones out before I knew about Refreshed-Kicks etc... incl. a gorgeous pair of beaten up Forest Hills and my first ever pair of blue Gazelles :(

I am desperate for some adidas TOKIO's but they are so rare, even on eBay. If anyone can point me in the direction of some I'd be so grateful.
    Last edited by gavsw20; 13th September 2018 at 12:20.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Why don't you ask the guy who donated then to you?

Hey you can barely smell the urine now, and well worth the £20 and a blowie.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    They were made in the Pouchen Indonesian factory in July 2001. They are part of the Country range, style #659900, which are now obviously discontinued.

The closet you'll probably get now is these -

https://www.soletraderoutlet.co.uk/a...hoCOO0QAvD_BwE

Edit - Pouchen, if you didn't already know, is the biggest footwear manufacturers in the world.
    This is the kind of info I was after. Much appreciated.

Craftsman
    Came across this as I looked for a site that would give me an idea of what some deadstock new boxed adidas trainers I want to shift would fetch in preparation of moving in with the future missus,..all black Santiago's,a pair white/light Blue Rom's,A pair of black adidas "city hike" boots.All size 9;5,and new with box/labels

Also got a pair of Brown hiking/"gsg" type boots that were made in Yugoslavia and another pair of adidas monkey boot type from 1994 made in Slovenia ,adidas "all white" rom lookalikes(the wording on the trainers) That I cannot fine any info on.(????)

I have far too many adidas originals trainers that I will never wear (probably 40-50 pairs),had some "Daley Thompsons" that were fairly rare but at least I found a bit of info on those,unlike some of the above.

If anyone could point me to a Adidas deadstock website where I could do a bit of research about the boots it would be greatly appreciated !!

Journeyman
    hi guys, hope there is some of yous still around. i've caught this adidas bug real bad in the last year. my minds focussed on getting the liverpools this week. anyone else?

Craftsman
    I'm always on the lookout for some SL72's but can't seem to find them with the white trim around the laces which I think they originally had?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by spud767 View Post
    I'm always on the lookout for some SL72's but can't seem to find them with the white trim around the laces which I think they originally had?
    just had a quick google there, and no images popped up matching what you describe. are you sure it was 72? are you sure it wasn't 76?

https://www.pinterest.ie/pin/196469602466523419/

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by emo72 View Post
    hi guys, hope there is some of yous still around. i've caught this adidas bug real bad in the last year. my minds focussed on getting the liverpools this week. anyone else?
    Did you get them in the end?

I didn't bother with the queueing. Know lads who queued for a couple of nights, and they're rough now from it, but managed to pick them up.

Going to give it a go online on Friday morning. Just never know with Size? releases.

Slight thread resurrection!

I’m an Adidas guy but have found some Nikes I like (Blazer if that makes a difference). I’m size 8 in Adidas originals, do Nike size the same or do I need to go up or down half or one size. I’m ordering online so don’t really want the hassle of having to return a pair if wrong.

Cheers all

Pete
    Last edited by badger1; 2nd July 2020 at 18:12.

For blazers I’d be tempted to stick to your adi size.

Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    For blazers I’d be tempted to stick to your adi size.
    Cheers, just ordered them in an 8!