closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adidas Trainer/Sneaker Collectors

Journeyman

Adidas Trainer/Sneaker Collectors

Are there any collectors of Adidas trainers/sneakers on here?

I'd be interested to see any nice trainers that you may have.

I'm a yeti sized UK12, so would always be interested in buying pairs in a UK 11.5/12/12.5.

And with the new Spezial release on the 22nd September 2017, there have been 5 pairs already announced, I'll add a photo each time there is a new one announced, but those announced so far are below:-

GT Wensley

McCarten

Spiritus

Intack

Winterhill

Spritus
    Last edited by Manchester; 11th September 2017 at 09:46.

I'm not a collector but do like my trainers! The red/yellow and green are lovely.

My blue Spezials are my favourite.

Master
    I guess the new spezials are so hard to find only special people can buy them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by badger1 View Post
    I'm not a collector but do like my trainers! The red/yellow and green are lovely.

My blue Spezials are my favourite.
    There's a Dublin colourway of the Spiritus to be released as well, hopefully see the final release photos of that this week. As so far I've only seen the samples, which do look really nice.

Where are the available to purchase? Will they be on the adidas website on the 22nd?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by badger1 View Post
    Where are the available to purchase? Will they be on the adidas website on the 22nd?
    Yes, they will be on their website, and stockists of Spezials gear:
    https://www.endclothing.com
    https://caliroots.com
    https://www.sneakersnstuff.com
    https://www.overkillshop.com
    https://www.triads.co.uk
    http://www.consortium.co.uk
    https://www.footpatrol.co.uk
    https://www.hanon-shop.com
    https://www.oipolloi.com
    https://wellgosh.com
    https://www.offspring.co.uk
    https://www.thegoodwillout.com

Quantities are size dependant.

Master
    I dipped my toe (pardon the pun) into collecting trainers.

A mate of mine got me into it, he's as daft on shoes as I am on watches. He never wears them though. Queues for days to get a pair then sits them in a glass case.
    Sadly, I can't just look at them in display cases, so these days I just buy what I like the look of, wear them to destruction then chuck them.

Two of those Spezials take my eye, I'll definitely aim for at least one of them if funds allow.

(p.s. I can't bring myself to call them sneakers, I'd have to kill myself).

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    I guess the new spezials are so hard to find only special people can buy them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, I wouldn't say that. After an initial flurry on release day, there are usually a variety of sizes still available.

Anyone can buy them.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    I dipped my toe (pardon the pun) into collecting trainers.

A mate of mine got me into it, he's as daft on shoes as I am on watches. He never wears them though. Queues for days to get a pair then sits them in a glass case.
    Sadly, I can't just look at them in display cases, so these days I just buy what I like the look of, wear them to destruction then chuck them.

Two of those Spezials take my eye, I'll definitely aim for at least one of them if funds allow.

(p.s. I can't bring myself to call them sneakers, I'd have to kill myself).
    Yeah, I know quite a few collectors who keep their purchases in a vault. I can't do it personally, if you like something, wear it, as that's what I do.

Still more to be shown this week, so I'll add to this post as and when the photos are out.

Likewise, I call them trainers. Added sneakers, as its a global site, so just in case :D

Master
    Where can I reserve a UK9 pair of the Mccartens? They look the biz.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Where can I reserve a UK9 pair of the Mccartens? They look the biz.
    You can't reserve them, just fastest finger first on the websites on the 22nd September, or go to your local stockist to buy instore.

Master
    I used to collect, mainly Adidas but also some Nike & New Balance.

My experience of the new but old Adidas is that they look really nice in the glossy studio photos, but the reality is poorer quality materials than previously, even as recently as the early 2000s to now. I've lost a bit of interest TBH, but maybe I'm just getting old.

Grand Master
    As an oldie, I can remember the original Adidas shoes from the early-mid 70s when they were made in Europe, and trust me they were far better quality than the current reissues. The original blue suede Gazelles were favoured by athletes, I had a few pairs myself. The original SL 72 was the world's best running shoe, not cheap but an excellent shoe for road running.

I wear the current Sambas, but even they're not as good as they were. Not sure I can get my head around collecting trainers, can't imagine buying shoes then not wearing them.

Paul

Journeyman
    This mornings preview of the latest release:
    Spritus

I'll definitely be trying to get my hands on these, they're the Dublin colourway of the Spiritus that I mentioned yesterday. Big thumbs up from me 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Manchester View Post
    This mornings preview of the latest release:
    Spritus

I'll definitely be trying to get my hands on these, they're the Dublin colourway of the Spiritus that I mentioned yesterday. Big thumbs up from me 
    ooh, I like those!

These all look like the same ones always in the Size? and Offspring sale?! Anyway I'll stick to Nike. Addidas weren't quite so aspirational when I was a teenager, it was all about Jordan and The Pump. My preference these days is the Air Max 1 though I do have a number of limited editions including LD-Zero H 👍🏻

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    As an oldie, I can remember the original Adidas shoes from the early-mid 70s when they were made in Europe, and trust me they were far better quality than the current reissues. The original blue suede Gazelles were favoured by athletes, I had a few pairs myself. The original SL 72 was the world's best running shoe, not cheap but an excellent shoe for road running.

I wear the current Sambas, but even they're not as good as they were. Not sure I can get my head around collecting trainers, can't imagine buying shoes then not wearing them.

Paul
    Good post Paul!!

I still find it strange, that the quality changes, dependent on where they're made, or that they're even made in different countries for a start.

I used to have a pair of 1977 TRX McVicar, which were made in Romania. The quality was far better than the 2009 release, which were made in Vietnam.

Also, country dependant, affects the sizing. So most made in Japan don't cater for my big feet, nor the width, as they tend to be a much narrower fit.

Have you tried the MIG (Made In Germany) take of the Samba? Quality is much higher, and they charge a premium for it. They're currently on sale on the Adidas website, making them a similar price to a standard new release. Might be worth a look for you.

Been an adidas boy/lad/man since my first pair of Adidas kick. All the original originals although never got on with samba. Gazelle and superstars have been my trainer of choice since my teens. I'm now nearly 46.

I don't collect but have about 50 pairs currently. I find adidas rather lazy now and the constant reissues show that. Some of the reissues are horrible (jeans for example). I do like some spezials but these are over priced.

I dont remember when trainers went silly priced but some of the prices are a joke. I actually bought some prineknit nmd 2 at the weekend. In the sale at £90. Sale??? They're £150 normally. £150. For knitted trainers. Come on.

As I say its become ridiculous. Quality isn't a shadow on what it used to be. I used to buy regularly on new releases but the island series were horrific quality

I have in the past bought multiple pairs as the year goes on and keep some new to wear at some point. Still got some orange suede kegler from a few years back I'll start wearing at some point. Will probably just sparingly alternate my current lot and not buy like I used to. May be an age thing too but I hate to see people queue for trainers and then see eBay flooded.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Been an adidas boy/lad/man since my first pair of Adidas kick. All the original originals although never got on with samba. Gazelle and superstars have been my trainer of choice since my teens. I'm now nearly 46.

I don't collect but have about 50 pairs currently. I find adidas rather lazy now and the constant reissues show that. Some of the reissues are horrible (jeans for example). I do like some spezials but these are over priced.

I dont remember when trainers went silly priced but some of the prices are a joke. I actually bought some prineknit nmd 2 at the weekend. In the sale at £90. Sale??? They're £150 normally. £150. For knitted trainers. Come on.

As I say its become ridiculous. Quality isn't a shadow on what it used to be. I used to buy regularly on new releases but the island series were horrific quality

I have in the past bought multiple pairs as the year goes on and keep some new to wear at some point. Still got some orange suede kegler from a few years back I'll start wearing at some point. Will probably just sparingly alternate my current lot and not buy like I used to. May be an age thing too but I hate to see people queue for trainers and then see eBay flooded.
    I'm sure everyones first Adidas must have been a pair of Kick, I know mine were too. Loved them as a young kid.

I bought a pair of Iniki earlier on in the year, they have the boost sole, and wow, super comfy, really impressed, although they probably don't look that great. Must be an age thing.

I don't know how people can queue for a pair of trainers, if I can get hold of a pair great, but there's no way I'd queue for a night or days just to get a pair. Although I've just seen a pair of Ardwicks which lads queued up to 3 day for, sell on a Facebook group for £1,000... Probably would have got more had he put them on ebay, crazy money though for a pair of £80 trainers.

I'm a fan of the city series myself, in particular the various colouways of the London release, with its buttery soft suede.

Do you have any photos of your 50 collection?

I still like Adidas shoes, but as mentioned earlier the reissues don't seem to be comparable quality wise with the originals. One of the most notable things with the reissues imo is the lack of any depth in the tread pattern. It seems that now the shoes are much more of a fashion item than an actual shoe that can be used for sport. My own favourites were the SL76, SL72, Jeans, Forest hills and the TRX. Happy days.

I'm sure everyones first Adidas must have been a pair of Kick, I know mine were too. Loved them as a young kid.

I bought a pair of Iniki earlier on in the year, they have the boost sole, and wow, super comfy, really impressed, although they probably don't look that great. Must be an age thing.

I don't know how people can queue for a pair of trainers, if I can get hold of a pair great, but there's no way I'd queue for a night or days just to get a pair. Although I've just seen a pair of Ardwicks which lads queued up to 3 day for, sell on a Facebook group for £1,000... Probably would have got more had he put them on ebay, crazy money though for a pair of £80 trainers.

I'm a fan of the city series myself, in particular the various colouways of the London release, with its buttery soft suede.

Do you have any photos of your 50 collection?
    I was interested myself in the Inki as think they look good but overall am not a fan of how the soles have gone/are going. I bought some primeknit tubular last year, the sole is rank but they looked decent otherwise. They were very uncomfy tho as had a hard bit around the front inside which sort of pushed against the toe nails! Nice.

I haven't took many pics in recent years but just a few I have - not collector pics just general pics. The top pic is from about 6yrs ago, but there are many missing from it

Including the shoes

My Stone Roses gig attire, including my SL72's that cost £15!

Seeing the top pic has made me want to raid the loft for a few though. I've got both Ian Brown specials but the shell toes are not in the pic for some reason

I managed to get some Goretex Kegler & Trimm Trabb a few years ago somehow months after selling out. They came up on a cached copy of Size's website and the order went through OK. They were stunned in the shop when I went to fetch them

Journeyman
    Seeing the top pic has made me want to raid the loft for a few though. I've got both Ian Brown specials but the shell toes are not in the pic for some reason

I managed to get some Goretex Kegler & Trimm Trabb a few years ago somehow months after selling out. They came up on a cached copy of Size's website and the order went through OK. They were stunned in the shop when I went to fetch them
    I like both of the Ian Brown's, prefer the Superstars out of the two.

Nice Keglar Supers to

Had a collection but then gave most away to my wife's charity shop. Mostly adidas, trimm trab, marathon, forest hills 82 etc. Bought a pair of white soled forest hills in Hong Kong in 2001 a couple of years before they became available in shops over here which I loved but eventually fell apart. I still have a few pairs, superstar New York series, handball 5 peg, mmd R1, Vespa desert boots. The thrill has gone for me now....

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by andymonkey View Post
    Had a collection but then gave most away to my wife's charity shop. Mostly adidas, trimm trab, marathon, forest hills 82 etc. Bought a pair of white soled forest hills in Hong Kong in 2001 a couple of years before they became available in shops over here which I loved but eventually fell apart. I still have a few pairs, superstar New York series, handball 5 peg, mmd R1, Vespa desert boots. The thrill has gone for me now....

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Isn't it weird that they've still not sorted this out. Soles shouldn't be falling apart / disintegrating these days.

Absolutely love the blue and yellow combos .....

I was interested myself in the Inki as think they look good but overall am not a fan of how the soles have gone/are going. I bought some primeknit tubular last year, the sole is rank but they looked decent otherwise. They were very uncomfy tho as had a hard bit around the front inside which sort of pushed against the toe nails! Nice.

I haven't took many pics in recent years but just a few I have - not collector pics just general pics. The top pic is from about 6yrs ago, but there are many missing from it

[img]https://i.imgur.com/rpfI1BXl.jpg[/A

Including the shoes

My Stone Roses gig attire, including my SL72's that cost £15!

Blog Entries
    No offence to the OP but could we amend this thread so it's a general sneaker thread, and not just Adidas? Could be a valuable resource for many on here.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    No offence to the OP but could we amend this thread so it's a general sneaker thread, and not just Adidas? Could be a valuable resource for many on here.
    Personally I'd prefer it to remain as titled, as it's a brand that I like.

More than happy to reconsider if there's strong feelings against it being a single brand though.

Master
    I have about 120 of Adidas trainers, mostly suede and mostly unworn. I'll get a few pics up tonight Size 8 BTW........

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    I have about 120 of Adidas trainers, mostly suede and mostly unworn. I'll get a few pics up tonight Size 8 BTW........
    Nice 👍

Can't beat a nice suede, don't know how you manage not to wear them though, must take great control.

Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Master
    Nice 

Can't beat a nice suede, don't know how you manage not to wear them though, must take great control.

Looking forward to seeing your pics.
    I probably wear about 30 pairs on rotation so still got plenty of choice. So far I've picked up every single pair of GA's Spzl's including the Ardwicks so looking forward to the end of the week

Master
    Just a really quick pic of one wall that I happen to have on my phone.

I also like the shop merchandise and have a few signs etc.

Last edited by Zolawinston; 18th September 2017 at 10:54.

Journeyman
    Wow, quality that!!

Love the setup, and the ones that you've got in there.

All new releases, or do you have any vintage?

Love the Brussels and Amsterdam, have only managed to pick up a pair of London's in a Brussels colourway, very hard to find and tempt someone to let go in my size.

Master
    Wow, quality that!!

Love the setup, and the ones that you've got in there.

All new releases, or do you have any vintage?

Love the Brussels and Amsterdam, have only managed to pick up a pair of London's in a Brussels colourway, very hard to find and tempt someone to let go in my size.
    Thanks, they are mainly from around 2008 onwards but I do have a few pairs older. I have most of the Londons from 2011/12 including Brussels. Best Londons IMO are the collab with Church's as both the blue and brown are quality. I like the black leather consortiums as well and I have worn these

My signed NG PT training are my pride and joy though, I was so lucky to pick them up.

Got any pics of your collection at all?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Thanks, they are mainly from around 2008 onwards but I do have a few pairs older. I have most of the Londons from 2011/12 including Brussels. Best Londons IMO are the collab with Church's as both the blue and brown are quality. I like the black leather consortiums as well and I have worn these

My signed NG PT training are my pride and joy though, I was so lucky to pick them up.

Got any pics of your collection at all?
    Yes I agree with the Churches. I've got a pair in Brown, well worn mind. Quality is superb though.

I've got about 30 pairs, I think. Not got around to taking many photos, and I think you may have shamed a few people by setting the bar so high with your display cases ha ha.

A few of my regular wears:-

Master
    Really nice pics and what a great line up. I have some 2008 Stockies and they are very well worn but have yet to wear the later ones from 2014 (I Think) but they are the best of the recent re-isues, they are actually one of my favorite shoes with a great shape. The Gortex from SNS are brilliant as well, I've not yet worn the black or the grey (apart from in the house)!

Great thread this and I hope we get a few other trainer heads out of the closet

Journeyman
    Just a reminder, the UK release of the AW17 Spezial's is in 30 mins.

Yeah, I know quite a few collectors who keep their purchases in a vault. I can't do it personally, if you like something, wear it, as that's what I do.

Still more to be shown this week, so I'll add to this post as and when the photos are out.

Likewise, I call them trainers. Added sneakers, as its a global site, so just in case :D
    Do such collectors buy there own size or any - would be a lot easier!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Do such collectors buy there own size or any - would be a lot easier!
    I've only ever bought my own size as I always intended to wear them, maybe one day I will

Journeyman
    What did you end up getting?

I doubled up on the blue Spiritus, didn’t go for any others.

Master
    I have a couple of pairs of Gazelles, so total amateur.

This came to mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNua1lFDuDI

Master
    What did you end up getting?

I doubled up on the blue Spiritus, didn’t go for any others.
    I got both the Spiritus and the Ardwick jacket. Will probably pick the others up over the course of the next few weeks. If ever you struggle getting any let me know as I have a 'contact'!

Journeyman
    The second half of the AW17 drop is on the 6th October, releases below:

I’m more a boost and NMD man.

My Boost collection

Journeyman
    Nice them pal.

Closest I have, is a single pair of Iniki. So comfy :)

Where are these available from ?

The second half of the AW17 drop is on the 6th October, releases below:

The TRX are ok and I'd happily buy a pair in the sale, but the rest do nothing for me! Now the Nike Air max 1 OG that's just been rereleased, that's another matter...although my Grail is the Air Jordan 6 in OG black / red. Those are the ones I dreamed of as a 12 year old but my dad couldn't afford. I'm waiting for another rerelease of those!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Where are these available from ?
    Links in post no 6 Reggie

Fancy a pair of those TRX

Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    Links in post no 6 Reggie

Fancy a pair of those TRX
    Cheers

Master
    Lacombe I already have from last year, will definitely be getting the super tobacco from this set

Journeyman
    Another vote for the TRX from me, these are the ones that I'll most likely get.

Still not got around to wearing the Lacombe from last years release, lovely trainer though.