closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival for the fence post, more unusual Omega Speedmaster.....

New arrival for the fence post, more unusual Omega Speedmaster.....

My latest incoming is this Omega Speedmaster Professional model 3575.30.00 which has the unusual combination of a Moonphase function and a White Gold bezel. I've tried to research the watch but can find very little in the way of information only that they are quite rare and were made/sold in small numbers with production ceasing around 2005.
    Even though I'm well into my watches and have owned models from most of the fine brands I've never owned an Omega Speedmaster Professional hand wound. I wanted a Moonphase silver dial watch so when this came up it fitted the bill perfectly. I picked it up Thursday and have been wearing it everyday since, I'm actually quite blown away by it's beauty, the dial although hard to read is quite stunning, it sparkles and changes colour beautifullly depending on the light and the hour markers glisten in unison with the White Gold bezel. Close up the detail is incredibly impressive and the Blue of the Moonphase complication provides the perfect contrast, to say I'm delighted with it would be an understatement.
    When I see the prices being paid for some of the Speedmaster variants such as the CK2998, Snoopy White dial and most recently the Speedy Tuesday this one with the added Moonphase complication and White Gold bezel seems fairly good value.....but what do I know, like I said I'm definitely not an expert on Speedmaster's but this acquisition has really got me interested in them.

Last edited by shalako; 10th September 2017 at 18:21.

Master
    Very nice. Thanks for posting.

Master
    Just different enough to make it quite special but retains the classic design. I think this will provide a lot of wearing pleasure.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I was a hairs-breadth from buying that, as it looked beautiful in the photos. It still does - although I can see what you mean about legibility.

I wonder whether there are any NOS bezels around. I'd try to snag one as a spare if I were you.

Journeyman
    I usually skip past the speedmaster posts as I find if impossible to keep up with all the variants. This is one I have never come across and it looks pretty special, may not be the most legible but who cares. Great find.

Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
    Thanks for posting.
    Boom, boom!

It is rather lovely and a departure from the norm

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I was a hairs-breadth from buying that, as it looked beautiful in the photos. It still does - although I can see what you mean about legibility.

I wonder whether there are any NOS bezels around. I'd try to snag one as a spare if I were you.
    I hadn't really thought about getting a spare bezel as this one is like new but I can see the logic, I'll make enquiries this week with Omega. Would have been very interesting to have seen what it would have looked like with your superb photography skills Tony......

Master
    I like this one, and offers great value. Also cool to have a moon phase on the speedmaster!

Sent from my Moto C Plus using Tapatalk

Master
    I'v seen it passing by on SC: it must be the best looking Speedmaster I have ever seen. Love the dail, moonphase and bezel!

Stunning.

Blog Entries
    Must have missed that one! Looks really nice although can see what you mean about legibility. I think I'd be willing to live with that though. Nice one.

Craftsman
    Glad this has gone to an excellent home!

Very nice watch sir!! Beautiful Speedmaster indeed, definitely one of my favorite version...well done!!

Banned
    That is lovely, I was very tempted when I saw this in s/c, only things that put me off was the monies and legibility. I would love one in time. Great buy.

Stop talking it up Steve or I won't be able to afford to buy it off you😎

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

Would be interested to see a caseback shot please Steve. On the post obviously

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Would be interested to see a caseback shot please Steve. On the post obviously
    There you go Andrew, think it would have been better if Omega had gone with a see through back on this model, especially as it has the nicely decorated 1866 movement.

Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    There you go Andrew, think it would have been better if Omega had gone with a see through back on this model, especially as it has the nicely decorated 1866 movement.

Thanks Steve. Yes, would have been great to see the movement, but it is still a cracker.

That's a classy look.

(mind you - I can just hear your neighbours:

"He's doing it again, Mildred"

"What? The watch on the fencepost?"

"Yeah, he's dropped the camera twice!"

"George! put those binoculars down! He'll see you!" )

Al

Apprentice
    Wow that really nice. Love a speedmaster but I've never seen one of those before.

Craftsman
    New to me and a stunning watch

Master
    It really is a very attractive watch and I was sorely tempted when I saw it on SC. I'm glad to see it find a good new home!

I keep coming back to this - it really is lovely.

The white gold bezel....does the relative softness of the gold mean that it's harder to keep it pristine, or the opposite - ie that while it's more easily marked, those marks can be smoothed out more easily than those on a steel bezel?

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    It really is a very attractive watch and I was sorely tempted when I saw it on SC. I'm glad to see it find a good new home!
    Same here, I kept trying to find a reason not to message with an offer, realised I had no reason so was oddly happy when it was sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    The white gold bezel....does the relative softness of the gold mean that it's harder to keep it pristine, or the opposite - ie that while it's more easily marked, those marks can be smoothed out more easily than those on a steel bezel?
    Gold is easier to manipulate and work with than steel but on that bezel I'd be more worried about the enamelled numerals. Same with the Daytona.

Cracking watch Steve!

I really like that!

I think for an already busy dial the hands are a touch on the big side causing it to look a little cluttered, just my humble opinion of course.

Congrats and enjoy.

Ryan

Some new clothes to dress it up a bit, Omega Crocodile strap with deployant clasp courtesy from a long standing member here;

Very nice indeed though I do agree about legibility. Having said that, I doubt you spend your whole day in bright sunlight! I think a leather strap suits it best as the watch leans more to dressiness than to toolishness.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Might not be the easiest to read but it looks stunning. Haven't seen that one before, thanks for sharing.