closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival one week on.

Master

New arrival one week on.

Picked up my PAM 346 one week ago from a forum member. The first owner of this watch posted an amazing review, linked to the sales post, which was a joy to read, and my smartphone pics are not anywhere near the quality of his photography. Yet I thought that I would share my initial impressions after one week on my wrist.

The first thing to strike me was the weight of the watch. Being titanium it feels so much lighter than anything else I own. I had always liked a watch with a bit of heft, which this does not have. Despite this I totally loved it from the get go.

Initially the watch was on an aftermarket oiled vintage leather strap which looked amazing, but I did not feel totally comfortable with it (it is earmarked for my 422 as its next strap). I swopped it for one of the two other straps that were in the package, a 27/20 OEM brown assolutement. This is a much finer strap, and it immediately felt totally right on my wrist, so much so that I have not even tried the original OEM brown croc strap. An inspired choice by the original owner.

It now feels perfect on the wrist, and I think that it is versatile, looking at home with shorts-and-a-T-shirt, jeans, or with smart/casual. The dial looks black in duller light, but in sunshine the tobacco brown dial really pops. The gold hands look amazing. I find myself continually glancing at it, not just to tell the time.

The 8 day movement is new to me, and it is a joy to use. It feels solid and substantial to wind, much more so than winding my 422. The power reserve on the back is an invaluable guide as to when to stop winding.

So some pics. On the original strap. Couldn't even wait to get out of T5 before taking this pic.

On the new strap.

Slips nicely under a shirt cuff
    Gorgeous lume
    And a family portrait with the cousins
    This one has relit my Panerai fire, now feeling the need to try a submersible some time in the future.......

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    To complete this I got a submersible today. 44mm wears similar to the 47mm 422. Pristine condition also. Loving it.

That's a stunner. Never seen much on the submersible but from that picture it's definitely one for the future for me to try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice, although that picture makes it look like it's had a brillo pad on it. I'm sure it didn't look like that yesterday!

Master
    My photography the cause of that. I choose soft cotton cloth to buff....... 😀😀

Thanks very much for the kind comments in the OP - much appreciated. You've got yourself an amazing watch there; in fact, I couldn't for the life of me work out why it didn't sell the moment it was listed.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 17th September 2017 at 09:20.

Confession time, I'm not really a Panerai fan, the crown guard bugs the bejesus out of me, but that looks very nice indeed, never say never.

"Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Beautiful collection. Please can you confirm the model number for the white faced one, in the pic of 3 above? Thanks

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    Beautiful collection. Please can you confirm the model number for the white faced one, in the pic of 3 above? Thanks
    PAM 049
    I bought it in early 2009. It is 40mm with the Bettarini case AFAIK. The movement is the OP111, based on a vajoux 7750-P1. (Same in the 024.) The movement was replaced in 2010 after salt water ingress, and has never had the back off since. I wore it last week and it didn't loose or gain a second in that time. It has many bumps and dings, has been all over the world with me, and I still love it.
    Last edited by Robsmck; 17th September 2017 at 09:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    PAM 049
    I bought it in early 2009. It is 40mm with the Bettarini case AFAIK. The movement is the OP111, based on a vajoux 7750-P1. (Same in the 024.) The movement was replaced in 2010 after salt water ingress, and has never had the back off since. I wore it last week and it didn't loose or gain a second in that time. It has many bumps and dings, has been all over the world with me, and I still love it.
    Wonderful, thanks for the details