closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Poljot Sturmanskie Navigator

Poljot Sturmanskie Navigator

Also known as the 'Gagarin'

In amongst a few Franken's a while back I owned a 40th Anniversary edition, a lovely little homage to the original 50's models given to Soviet fighter pilots when they graduated from flight school.

There are of course many such homages that have been produced in order to cash in on the whole Gagarin / space programme thing however the 40th anniversary is about as close as they have come to the original in terms of size (33mm) and dial design. OK the crown isn't too close to the original but you can't have everything. Having sold mine along with a load of other pieces to fund something else I have been on the look out for one of these again.

Nothing has been posted on eBay for a while so I tried a WTB on WUS. Many months later I received a PM regarding an as new example with its original strap, packaging and limited edition certificate. A deal was struck and it arrived today.

Although I'm not that keen on the leather bund its a lot better than the awful black one fitted to my previous watch.

698 of 1000, well until the next limited edition run

It looks and wears well on a Hirsch Osiris mid brown leather strap I think.

It has a Poljot calibre 2609 manual wind movement.
    Last edited by Velorum; 4th September 2017 at 21:56.

That's a very nice find, wear in good health............................................ ....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    That's a very nice find, wear in rude health............................................ ....
    Fixed.

Another great strap from Steveo arrived this morning - a vintage WW2 style 'Fury' bund specially adapted to include a two piece strap.

I think that it gives the diminutive case at 33mm far better wrist presence:

Alongside my largest watch which including crown guards is 45mm: