closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Skydweller call

Skydweller call

Just had the call on a blue dial steel skydweller...going to look now. I can take it today if I like it.

Didn't think these were available yet as I was supposed to be going to a preview event 23rd September!

Anyone else got there's yet?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaysagood View Post
    Just had the call on a blue dial steel skydweller...going to look now. I can take it today if I like it.

Didn't think these were available yet as I was supposed to be going to a preview event 23rd September!

Anyone else got there's yet?
    Buy it if you like it, but don't bank on premium value / hysteria. I am not alone in having been offered plenty --- and declined even to offer, until the market settles.

An impressive watch with interesting features, but in the long run probably expensive to service and I would expect diminishing residuals. Irrelevant if you love it!

H

Mine arrived yesterday. I love it already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I really liked it so took the plunge! It doesn't wear as big as I thought it would and sits on the wrist very comfortably.

Now I just need to fathom out how to use it! I think I'll be reading the manual tonight!

Great news! Do share a pic when you get a moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well I really liked it so took the plunge! It doesn't wear as big as I thought it would and sits on the wrist very comfortably.

Now I just need to fathom out how to use it! I think I'll be reading the manual tonight!
    Excellent news. Well done.👍

Master
    Nice one, post a pic before you get stuck into the instruction booklet

Master

Should help you get to sleep 😀😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ^^^Looks superb. Did they have any others in? My SS blue is due imminently as is a bi-metal black dial. Not sure which way to swing!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    ^^^Looks superb. Did they have any others in? My SS blue is due imminently as is a bi-metal black dial. Not sure which way to swing!
    This was the only one they've got apparently, they got it first thing this morning along with a load of other stock, circa £250k worth apparently.

I just left hints with him I'd like the Daytona call next..

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This was the only one they've got apparently, they got it first thing this morning along with a load of other stock, circa £250k worth apparently.

I just left hints with him I'd like the Daytona call next..
    Hope the hint pays off.👍

Blog Entries
    That looks a fascinating watch - different from the 'run of the mill' - I like the fluted dial!. Don't you just turn the bezel to set the second TZ? Maybe I'm thinking of another watch. Blue would be my preferred choice too. Martyn

Bit better picture that shows the dial, goes from pretty much black to a really light blue, seems to have more depth than my milgauss z blue dial, maybe to do with the glass being clear on this

Beautifull watch mate 👍 Congrats . Blue dial is 😍

Bit better picture that shows the dial, goes from pretty much black to a really light blue, seems to have more depth than my milgauss z blue dial, maybe to do with the glass being clear on this

Craftsman

A real stunner, I'd be more than happy with that!

Master
    Blog Entries
    What does the red marker Indicate?

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    What does the red marker Indicate?
    The month mate, 12 = December, 1 = January and so on

Adjust it with the bezel (when required)

I'm thinking I might have to buy a watch winder tbh as will rotate this with some other watches and wouldn't want to be setting it all the time

Master
    Blog Entries
    The month mate, 12 = December, 1 = January and so on

Adjust it with the bezel (when required)

I'm thinking I might have to buy a watch winder tbh as will rotate this with some other watches and wouldn't want to be setting it all the time
    Ah, nice.

Master
    Am I right that the month indicator correctly adjusts for leap years, too? In any event it is a neat feature that incorporates the long and short months correctly.

I look forward to seeing more pics of the different dial and two tone versions.

Let us pity the owners of white gold models if value is a consideration, as these steel models will kill their market.

H

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Am I right that the month indicator correctly adjusts for leap years, too? In any event it is a neat feature that incorporates the long and short months correctly.

I look forward to seeing more pics of the different dial and two tone versions.

Let us pity the owners of white gold models if value is a consideration, as these steel models will kill their market.

H
    Will that really be the case? I tried a WG model on bracelet and liked it lots. Not 35k lots but it did feel special.

Master
    Who'd bother paying for precious metal when he can have essentially the same look and complications, plus some smashing dial colours, for a lot less? It's not even as if the bracelet is different, just some minor details on the dial to differentiate them --- which only a spanner such as I might notice?

Yes, I predict the white gold models will be very hard work from here.

H

Master

H
    No this one is only an annual calendar and deals with 30/31 day months, but not February, so needs to be adjusted once per year

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    No this one is only an annual calendar and deals with 30/31 day months, but not February, so needs to be adjusted once per year
    Ah, I wasn't sure about leap years but I thought it did cope with a normal 28-day February, such that you would have to change it only once every four years if worn continuously. Go on, have a play and report back....!

Haywood
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 3rd September 2017 at 00:22.

Master
    Ah, I wasn't sure about leap years but I thought it did cope with a normal 28-day February, such that you would have to change it only once every four years if worn continuously. Go on, have a play and report back....!

Haywood
    I will do once mine is delivered :)
    I am only going on what I have been told rather than first hand experience

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    I will do once mine is delivered :)
    I am only going on what I have been told rather than first hand experience
    I do look forward to seeing more pictures of these with the various dials and metals. You may well be right about setting in February and the Rolex website seems to suggest as much, but I have a lingering doubt and so we need a lucky owner to test it.

"You'll have to wait nearly six months to find out though!" exclaims Mrs. M.

No, dear....

Deleted
    Last edited by Analogue; 15th September 2017 at 03:40.

Plenty of these in the Rolex shop's in Dubai when i was out there recently.
    Lovely looking watches, although probably to dressy for me.

Deleted
    Last edited by Analogue; 15th September 2017 at 03:41.

Haywood
    I once asked someone who understood the mechanical jiggery-pokery necessary to produce advanced calendar functions why we never seem to see this level between annual calendar and perpetual calendar (logically, would it be called a quadrennial calendar?) and they explained that compared to the extra effort needed to get 28 days in February adding the leap year function is pretty straightforward - if you've gone to the trouble of allowing for February, you may as well finish the job.

The Rolex site lists the function simply as "annual calendar" - is that not a universally understood bit of terminology?

Banned

Good news for buyers if the white gold models bomb in value, even an adjustment in RRP, but the same could be said of the Daytona, Datejust, etc. Plus, many manufacturers offer white gold and steel variations as essentially the same watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I once asked someone who understood the mechanical jiggery-pokery necessary to produce advanced calendar functions why we never seem to see this level between annual calendar and perpetual calendar (logically, would it be called a quadrennial calendar?) and they explained that compared to the extra effort needed to get 28 days in February adding the leap year function is pretty straightforward - if you've gone to the trouble of allowing for February, you may as well finish the job.

The Rolex site lists the function simply as "annual calendar" - is that not a universally understood bit of terminology?
    My Cartier chronoreflex has, the book states, a 100 yr calender function. Sadly it is quartz, and when replacing the battery it needs sending back to Cartier at ridiculous expense, or the patience of Job coupled with Steven Hawking like intelligence to reset.
    Luckily the date dial is to small for my aged eyes so it hardly matters.

I do look forward to seeing more pictures of these with the various dials and metals. You may well be right about setting in February and the Rolex website seems to suggest as much, but I have a lingering doubt and so we need a lucky owner to test it.

"You'll have to wait nearly six months to find out though!" exclaims Mrs. M.

No, dear....
    Yes you're right, it does have to be adjusted once a year in February...I read the manual last night with a bottle of red. Fun times

Nice touch with the month indicator (although a bit superfluous in everyday life), must be a complicated movement.

Looks good with the light on it - that's for sure.

Reckon it will sell well, both initially and in the long-term.

Al

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    Mine arrived yesterday. I love it already.

Great picture and Congrats

I'm looking forward to receiving one shortly. Out of interest did you get to try on the white and black face models.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffcotton View Post
    Great picture and Congrats

I'm looking forward to receiving one shortly. Out of interest did you get to try on the white and black face models.
    No, I went entirely off the original Basel 2017 press photos. My AD only got one of these and luckily it was blue! He is not sure when he will getting anymore. Igor the impression that it might not be for a while, but who knows?

Master
    Don't forget the horizontally aligned crown on the gold models, worth an extra 20k surely, the way some forumers go on about it... :D

Who'd bother paying for precious metal when he can have essentially the same look and complications, plus some smashing dial colours, for a lot less? It's not even as if the bracelet is different, just some minor details on the dial to differentiate them --- which only a spanner such as I might notice?

Yes, I predict the white gold models will be very hard work from here.

H