closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftershaves - any favourites?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just been give a bottle of creed Royal Mayfair by a mate for Christmas... the scent is awesome and the box it came in is a work of art!!. There was also a sample of the new scent called " Viking" which is also fantastic and now on my wish list for my next birthday.

When I read threads like this I long for the 80’s when you were limited to Kouros, Aramis and a handful of trusty classics - with old spice for your dad and grandad. Nowadays the choice is bewildering and the men’s floor of most department stores is manned by ‘men’ with manicured eyebrows and tight black jeans trying to squirt any bloke with ‘trident thrust power Norse god pour homme limited edition’ for the thick end of ninety quid. For the record I’m a Nivea aftershave and loccitane fan - I’ve either got acidic or alkaline skin as a lot of scents smell like cat wee within 15 minutes - and price is no guide, I’ve just settled on one or two I like and job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    We have a box at the Emirates and after the Newcastle game we got samples of Aventus by Creed. Wow was that nice but it's £250 in John Lewis!!!!
    Your married so no need for Creed ! My gf loves it and is the only aftershave I get regular comments on whenever I wear it.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    IThanks to this thread Ive expanded my collection and Scent samples have been very good and Ive expanded my creed collection to the following

Aventus - always been a fan and the mrs loves it
    Himalaya - got some of this last week and I have to say I really like it
    Irish Tweed - My daily wearer
    Bois du portugal - took a punt on this yet to try

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    IThanks to this thread Ive expanded my collection and Scent samples have been very good and Ive expanded my creed collection to the following

Aventus - always been a fan and the mrs loves it
    Himalaya - got some of this last week and I have to say I really like it
    Irish Tweed - My daily wearer
    Bois du portugal - took a punt on this yet to try
    Green Irish Tweed is gorgeous...not so persistent but so fresh and unique

Sauvage Christian Dior next time I’m on the Ferry.

Bought some Creed Aventus yesterday and 3 of the ladies in the office commented on it today. First time that has ever happened with an aftershave.

Master
    Might just be me but the Creed Aventus I bought from their boutique in Vegas and the one I bought from scent samples (50mm) is quite different, doesn’t seem as strong or lasts as well. My wife doesn’t think it’s as good as either.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Might just be me but the Creed Aventus I bought from their boutique in Vegas and the one I bought from scent samples (50mm) is quite different, doesn’t seem as strong or lasts as well. My wife doesn’t think it’s as good as either.
    Maybe the batch variations everyone talks about?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I love memo Paris, i have couple of clients who wear a couple of different scents from them and i love each one. need to go to get some myself

Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    Any fragrance that uses a portion of natural ingredients (and very few do not) can, and will have significant variations between harvest, seasons and source.

Aramis, Old fashioned but great woody notes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    There’s actually quite a bit of difference. Personally I wouldn’t buy again, not that there’s anything wrong, just quite noticeable.

Craftsman

Aftershaves - any favourites?

Just bought some Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza at 20% off - A favourite of mine- long lasting classic woody citrus freshie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tswatch66 View Post
    Just bought some Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza at 20% off - A favourite of mine- long lasting classic woody citrus freshie

From?

Creed Aventus is my current favourite, will have some Creed Green Irish Tweed tomorrow also, hope it’s just as good, also ways get comments regarding the Aventus.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatco1800es View Post
    From?
    Escentual. Merry Xmas.

Master
    The Mrs got me Creed Erolfa this morning - perhaps a bit summery for this time of year but will be wearing it once the weather warms off and I move away from Tuscan Leather which is my current favourite in winter

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tswatch66 View Post
    Escentual. Merry Xmas.

Cheers, appreciated. Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Hatco1800es View Post
    Cheers, appreciated. Merry Christmas!
    Denim. For the man that doesn't have to try too hard.

Mrs B presented me with said vintage, bottled, boxed (dog eared, it came out of a house clearance skip) liquid lady frother this morning along with half a kilo of Golden Virgina.

After 27 years of marrige, who said romance is dead?

Today wearing my favorite leather...Knize Ten..truly a gem

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo View Post
    Denim. For the man that doesn't have to try too hard.

Mrs B presented me with said vintage, bottled, boxed (dog eared, it came out of a house clearance skip) liquid lady frother this morning along with half a kilo of Golden Virgina.

After 27 years of marrige, who said romance is dead?
    Unlike your humour.

I bought some Mont Blanc Legend gift pack in Debenhams today. 1/3rd off so £27, instead of £41 and included a free 100ml of shower gel. Bargain buy.

I just don’t see me buying £250 aftershave, or £300 shoes.

I like a nice citrus fresh aftershave. So although some don’t have as long a scent as I’d like a few Calvin Klein aftershaves are to my liking. The original CK summer, and the one two years later were amazing - not so much recently. The CK Free is very nice. Clinique Happy is a very nice fragrance to me, it just doesn’t last quite as long as some others. & Quite liking the newer Lacoste blue bottle frangrance at the minute too.
    It's just a matter of time...

Tonight with one of my favorites...Black Afgano

Treated myself to some Aventus from House of Fraser the other day..had a sniff of the new Viking whilst there which was very spicy initially but settled into a really complex scent after a while...have to say afterwards I felt disgusted how much I spent on a scent being I'm not wealthy man,and I couldn't even blag a sample of any others,but sod it you only live once and at least I'll smell good 🤗..ordered a sample online of viking to see if it's any good in the real world.

Master
    got some Dunhill Icon for Chrimbo off the missus. very nice too!

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by thorpey69 View Post
    Treated myself to some Aventus from House of Fraser the other day..had a sniff of the new Viking whilst there which was very spicy initially but settled into a really complex scent after a while...have to say afterwards I felt disgusted how much I spent on a scent being I'm not wealthy man,and I couldn't even blag a sample of any others,but sod it you only live once and at least I'll smell good 珞..ordered a sample online of viking to see if it's any good in the real world.
    Can't go wrong with Aventus, my all time favourite. Got some Green Irish Tweed for Christmas which is also very nice but not quite as nice as Aventus, although I reckon the GIT will be a nice summer aftershave.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee A Kada View Post
    Aramis
    Ah I remember using Aramis as a (very) young man.
    It's a great, timeless smell and often dismissed nowadays amongst the sea of "trendy" designer sauces.

I'm looking for something now and am considering a bottle of original Aramis but I'm also curious about Aramis "Black"?
    Anyone used it and even better can compare it to the original?

In fact wheres a good place for cheap EDT's etc. that doesn't sell fakes?

Scentsamples...am I missing something?

I've checked their website and I can't find anything other than the small 1-2ml samples but I keep reading on here that they do 50ml + sizes?

In fact wheres a good place for cheap EDT's etc. that doesn't sell fakes?[/QUOTE]

I use Allbeauty and works for me...good prices

Thanks, yes I've seen them as my wife uses them for hair products etc.
    They are very competitive and hopefully genuine!

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Peel View Post
    Scentsamples...am I missing something?

I've checked their website and I can't find anything other than the small 1-2ml samples but I keep reading on here that they do 50ml + sizes?
    Only do the 50ml on certain brands ie Creed.

TBH I struggle to justify the prices for Creed in my head i.e. up to and over £200?
    Don't get me wrong, each to their own and I'm sure it's very nice but surely not THAT nice?

Lynx Africa is a real classic and the EDT sprays they do now for £6 are not bad for every day

On a side note, I did try some Aramis (original) on the other day.
    I used it many years ago in my early twenties and loved it.
    It smelt rank on me now! Sort of like a burnt, bitter, off smell at first although it did calm down and was smoother after about two hours.
    Glad I didn't just buy a bottle first.

I want to try Aramis "Black" but nowhere stocks it to try. Anyone else tried it?

I want something sweet and spicy but not like over the top candy sweet and not over citrusy.
    My wife loves Joop (pink/purple original) but I fancy a change whilst still keeping the sweet theme, perhaps with a more spicy undertone rather than simply sweet though?

YSL la nuit de l'homme was nice on the paper stick but I had no room left for spraying on myself.

Cartier Pasha sounds nice but nowhere stocks it to try.

Davidov Silver Shadow but again nowhere stocks to sample it.

Any suggestions?

I want something sweet and spicy but not like over the top candy sweet and not over citrusy.
    My wife loves Joop (pink/purple original) but I fancy a change whilst still keeping the sweet theme, perhaps with a more spicy undertone rather than simply sweet though?
    Sample some Tom Ford 'Tobacco Vanille'.

Master
    Either Boots Freshwood or Bay Rum.

Master
    I've tried many, many aftershaves but the one that has most favourable comments, consistently and from young/old/friends/strangers has been Abercrombie and Fitch 'Fierce'.

Craftsman
    TBH I struggle to justify the prices for Creed in my head i.e. up to and over £200?
    Don't get me wrong, each to their own and I'm sure it's very nice but surely not THAT nice?

Lynx Africa is a real classic and the EDT sprays they do now for £6 are not bad for every day

It smelt rank on me now! Sort of like a burnt, bitter, off smell at first although it did calm down and was smoother after about two hours.

I want to try Aramis "Black" but nowhere stocks it to try. Anyone else tried it?

YSL la nuit de l'homme was nice on the paper stick but I had no room left for spraying on myself.

Any suggestions?
    Mont Blanc Individuel or Chanel Sport Eau Extreme

Any suggestions?
    If you like Joop, then you'll enjoy Montblanc Individual. Similar vibe but more grown up if that makes sense? It smells exactly like Creed Original Santal but at £28 from Tesco.com it's a steal.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha, didn't see the post above.

Any love for Thierry Mugler 'A Men' ?

Craftsman

Aftershaves - any favourites?

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    I've tried many, many aftershaves but the one that has most favourable comments, consistently and from young/old/friends/strangers has been Abercrombie and Fitch 'Fierce'.
    Agree, I used to wear fierce a lot and always got positive comments.

Aventus is top stuff, but very expensive. I’ve recently bought Zara Night Pour Homme 4 which is £13 for 100ml and very similar to Aventus,in some ways I prefer it as not as strong and have found aventus to be a bit too strong. Only issue is it doesn’t last anywhere near as long as aventus, but at £13 a bottle can’t complain!

I keep meaning to buy some Creed Aventus and just spotted there’s 10% off the 100ml at House of Fraser, coupled with my corporate 10% discount I’ve taken a punt.

Any love for Thierry Mugler 'A Men' ?
    Not bad but after a while the Dairy Milk chocolate smell does get on your nerves !

Master
    Tried Tom Ford Noir Extreme today when in HoF and liked it a lot, not as sweet as the Noir. Still think I prefer JPG Le Male. Classic.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

The One Edp gets thumbs up from my wife and ladies at work. Very safe but good.

Any vibes on Versace "Pour Homme"?

All I can find to try is either Eros, Dylan, Fraishe or the other mainstream offerings from the house of V.

I think I want something fresh, marine/aqua but with a slightly sweet/floral undertone rather than all out fresh/marine/citrus.
    Not too sweet, just enough to give some depth to the freshness and citrus.
    I like lavender and violet with the florals so a fresh/aquatic/marine with underlying lavender and violet would be good.
    Not a candy sweetness like Joop Pour Homme.

I tried Givenchy Gentlemen only which is nice but not quiet fresh enough?

Does Bvlgari Aqva (original or marine) have an underlying floral or is it fresh/marine from start to finish?

Craftsman

All I can find to try is either Eros, Dylan, Fraishe or the other mainstream offerings from the house of V.

I think I want something fresh, marine/aqua but with a slightly sweet/floral undertone rather than all out fresh/marine/citrus.
    I like lavender and violet with the florals so a fresh/aquatic/marine with underlying lavender and violet would be good.

Does Bvlgari Aqva (original or marine) have an underlying floral or is it fresh/marine from start to finish?
    Check them out here.

https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/...omme-2318.html

Try Caron Pour un Homme....a lovely gem!!

Master
    Not totally off topic but not unrelated either, how do you apply your fragrance and where?

I generally spray it onto my neck, 1 squirt left and 1 squirt right, and then a few squirts into my shirt or jumper or whatever I'm wearing.

Problem is the scent never seems to last but I guess this is down to the fragrance target than location and application

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Chaventus destroyed the appeal of Creed for me (that and discontinuing Citrus Bigarrade and Zeste Mandarine Pamplemopusse).