closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 494

Thread: Aftershaves - any favourites?

  1. #101
    Master subseastu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ashby, uk
    Posts
    1,456
    Has no one mentioned "Jazz" yet? Got to be up there with the classics.

    I spent ages looking for a aftershave but to me most of the highstreet usuals either smell like a cheap airfreshener or of oranges and cloves. I happened upon Creed but the majority seem to smell like a mix of wet dog and wool / tweed (to me). In the end I settled on Dior Homme, I think it's the original

    https://m.dior.com/en_gb/fragrance-b...-toilette.html

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  2. #102
    Master PreacherCain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,161
    I'm a fan of Penhaligons - Bleinheim Bouquet or Juniper Sling for daytime, Endymion for evening. Quite old-fashioned smells, but they work for me.

  3. #103
    Master arthurDALEY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    The Winchester Club
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Has no one mentioned "Jazz" yet? Got to be up there with the classics.

    I spent ages looking for a aftershave but to me most of the highstreet usuals either smell like a cheap airfreshener or of oranges and cloves. I happened upon Creed but the majority seem to smell like a mix of wet dog and wool / tweed (to me). In the end I settled on Dior Homme, I think it's the original

    https://m.dior.com/en_gb/fragrance-b...-toilette.html

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

    I loved a bit of Jazz as well , hard to find these days unless anyone has a link !!

  4. #104


    This is the stuff.

    "... be careful how you use it. "

  5. #105
    Master Tifa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Shropshire UK
    Posts
    1,042
    Gayest thread ever.

  6. #106

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    I loved a bit of Jazz as well , hard to find these days unless anyone has a link !!
    Boots.

  8. #108
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    390
    Hermes

    Sent from my VFD 900 using TZ-UK mobile app

  9. #109
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    390
    Boss orange too is nice as a high street scent

    Sent from my VFD 900 using TZ-UK mobile app

  10. #110
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,655
    Chopard Oud Malaki and Thierry Mugler Pure Wood.
    Still trying to convince myself Frederic Malle Monsieur is worth the price.
    Fancy giving Shay & Blue Black’s Club Leather a go.
    Anyone tried any of the Profvmvm scents?
    Last edited by PJ S; 6th September 2017 at 04:11.

  11. #111
    Master amnesia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    2,526
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'm going to weigh in with

    Creed - Aventus (interested to see how their new fragrance 'Viking' does)
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia Oud
    Hermes - Terre d'Hermes

  12. #112
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by knw101 View Post
    Hermes

    Sent from my VFD 900 using TZ-UK mobile app
    That's a brand not an individual frag. They produce loads of diff ones, some nice some not.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  13. #113
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by tswatch66 View Post
    That's a brand not an individual frag. They produce loads of diff ones, some nice some not.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hermes Terre D'Hermes



    Sent from my VFD 900 using TZ-UK mobile app

  14. #114
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    678
    I'm about halfway through my scentsamples (15) for my quest for a new daily scent and Tom Ford Neroli is winning so far. Very fresh, clean and light yet has longevity

  15. #115
    Master Chukas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    1,002
    Just ordered a few from scent samples, these two because of this thread Frederic Malle Monsieur and Creed Aventus.

  16. #116
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Essex, United KIngdom
    Posts
    453
    Chanel Bleu.

    Can make knicker elastic snap from 10 paces😳

  17. #117
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Clitheroe, Lancs
    Posts
    703
    i haven't changed aftershaves for years, as they never seem to run out - but after reading this thread i'm keen to try a few. i know it's personal taste, but if anyone could recommend one/two of the above based on what i like, i'd be grateful.

    i love my tuscany by aramis and also quite like the plain aramis.

  18. #118
    Journeyman Chiefs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    188
    Try Bleu du Chanel, perfect everyday scent. Or the Chanel sport for something stronger.

  19. #119
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Petersfield, Hampshire
    Posts
    5,373
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeThoughts View Post
    Acqua di Parma for me, simple, elegant, class. A fresh old fashioned scent...

    Does it smell of ham?

  20. #120
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by SpydieNut View Post
    i haven't changed aftershaves for years, as they never seem to run out - but after reading this thread i'm keen to try a few. i know it's personal taste, but if anyone could recommend one/two of the above based on what i like, i'd be grateful.

    i love my tuscany by aramis and also quite like the plain aramis.
    you will like creed avenus I think - its quite classic and 'manly' like Aramis

  21. #121
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    104
    Creed Aventus
    Tom Ford Black Orchid

  22. #122
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Bucks, UK
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by SpydieNut View Post
    i haven't changed aftershaves for years, as they never seem to run out - but after reading this thread i'm keen to try a few. i know it's personal taste, but if anyone could recommend one/two of the above based on what i like, i'd be grateful.

    i love my tuscany by aramis and also quite like the plain aramis.
    Tom Ford - Noir de Noir.... very nice

  23. #123
    My two penneth.
    All time favourite Gucci pour homme (the original not the Gucci pour homme ii which is awful)
    Current favourites:
    Penhaligons, Blenheim bouquet and Tom Ford tobacco vanille

  24. #124

  25. #125
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    3,057
    I thought I'd have to give Creed Aventus a crack so in Vegas yesterday I purchased a bottle from their glass boutique for $496!!!!

    It was courtesy of Steve Wynn however as I had a fantastic run in the casino paying for my entire trip, loads of clothes for my partner and children and a few quid to bring home.

  26. #126
    Craftsman sammyl1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Herne Bay
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by jimyu View Post
    I'm about halfway through my scentsamples (15) for my quest for a new daily scent and Tom Ford Neroli is winning so far. Very fresh, clean and light yet has longevity
    Another vote for Neroli. Love it.

  27. #127
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    3,656
    https://www.superdrug.com/Superdrug/...Fresh/p/331025
    Buy one and get 2nd half price. Because you're worth it.

  28. #128
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Walsall
    Posts
    4,273
    Chanel Egoiste - worn only this for years.

  29. #129
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Clitheroe, Lancs
    Posts
    703
    Thank you - that's a few to choose from. Time for some samples of a few of those I think.

  30. #130

    Quote Originally Posted by knw101 View Post
    Hermes Terre D'Hermes



    Sent from my VFD 900 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    I'm going to weigh in with

    Creed - Aventus (interested to see how their new fragrance 'Viking' does)
    Acqua di Parma - Colonia Oud
    Hermes - Terre d'Hermes
    Fine choice from Hermes there gents.

  31. #131
    Craftsman Robti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Hamilton Scotland
    Posts
    461
    Another Hermes-Terre D'Hermes here

  32. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by SSTEEL View Post
    I like Joop
    I love the smell of the old purple Joop, but wouldn't wear it in public.

    The new Joop Wow is really nice.
    Also, 212 VIP, Tom Ford Vetiver, Billionaire, Givenchy Play.

    I once spent 3 hours in Selfridges and found I didn't like any of the expensive ones at all.

  33. #133
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    I love the smell of the old purple Joop, but wouldn't wear it in public
    haha I know what you mean!!

    My sister bought me a bottle for xmas 2 years ago, then last year bought me some Jean Paul Gautier Le Male. Never worn.

  34. #134
    Craftsman Ozzyblackbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Belfast, N.I.
    Posts
    558
    +1 for creed Adventus

  35. #135
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    S. Wales
    Posts
    2,323
    David Beckham Classic. That's the stuff. And only a fiver at Tescos!

  36. #136
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Loughton UK
    Posts
    2,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Gayest thread ever.
    Sunshine you wear the Creed Aventus you will pull like a Mitsubishi Shogun.

    You wear the Creed Aventus and the full highland dress even the Queen would give you her phone number.

  37. #137
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Loughton UK
    Posts
    2,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyblackbeard View Post
    +1 for creed Adventus
    Even Jesus would wear this on the pull.

  38. #138
    Journeyman Chiefs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret67 View Post
    Chanel Bleu.

    Can make knicker elastic snap from 10 paces
    Bra straps too

  39. #139
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn View Post
    Eau Savage, naturellement


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    I've had a lot of comments from my female colleagues since I started wearing this lol.

    I'm also a fan of Aramis.

  40. #140
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NW Leics
    Posts
    5,454
    Slazenger Sport



  41. #141
    Master Chukas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    1,002
    After trying a few from scent samples, Im going to get a bottle of Creed Aventus, got a few compliments on it as well 😀
    Scent samples seems the cheapest for a 50mm bottle unless anyone knows of anywhere else to buy it for a better price....

  42. #142
    Master yumma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chelmsford, UK
    Posts
    1,722
    I once saw a program on TV about 'Dogging' (I thought it was about Greyhound racing!), anyway a chap on there reckoned 'Lynx' is like what Catnip is to Cats and will get you sloppy seconds in Epping Forest; nice thought eh!

  43. #143


    Jean Paul Gaultier - Ultra Male

  44. #144
    Master arthurDALEY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    The Winchester Club
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogbad The Bad View Post


    Jean Paul Gaultier - Ultra Male

    Certainly the choice of the "Council Man" around our way now. has been available in Home bargains as well

  45. #145
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Bucks, UK
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by Chukas View Post
    After trying a few from scent samples, Im going to get a bottle of Creed Aventus, got a few compliments on it as well 
    Scent samples seems the cheapest for a 50mm bottle unless anyone knows of anywhere else to buy it for a better price....
    You have probably seen it already but they have 15% off their 50ml bottles for Creed + Tom Ford currently...

  46. #146
    Master Neilw3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Exeter, Devon, UK
    Posts
    3,617
    My current favourite is Van Cleef and Arpels moonlight patchouli Esau de parfum.
    Previous favourite was Narciso Rodriguez

  47. #147
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Loughton UK
    Posts
    2,194
    Pulling the trigger on

    Green Irish Tweed

    And Aventus

    Wear Green Irish Tweed during the day.

    Wear Aventus in evening .

    Its a good combo.

  48. #148
    Trigger?

  49. #149
    Master cirotti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Pulling the trigger on

    Green Irish Tweed

    And Aventus

    Wear Green Irish Tweed during the day.

    Wear Aventus in evening .

    Its a good combo.
    Definitely a great combo...GIT the best fragrance IMHO before got reformulated...
    Today wearing one of my favorite..Knize Ten

  50. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    Certainly the choice of the "Council Man" around our way now. has been available in Home bargains as well
    Sadly no longer, I was going to go stock up on my Chav pong ;)

    http://www.homebargains.co.uk/catego...fragrance.aspx

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •