closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 601 to 642 of 642

Thread: Aftershaves - any favourites?

  1. #601
    I like the Pegwell bay, reminds me of blasted heath by Penhaligons.

  2. #602
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Bicester, oxfordshire
    Posts
    135
    Miller Harris Citron Citron (seems to last on me, but short life is a common criticism )

  3. #603
    I got my Acqua Di Parma Colonia Pura gift set for Xmas.

    Anybody get anything good fragrance-wise from Santa?

  4. #604
    Master Marios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    4,656
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I got my Acqua Di Parma Colonia Pura gift set for Xmas.

    Anybody get anything good fragrance-wise from Santa?
    I got a Molecules 03 which I find rather interesting.

  5. #605
    Daughter got me a bottle of Sauvage for Christmas. Nice and very long lasting

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  6. #606
    Master vRSG60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Barrowford - Lancashire
    Posts
    3,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelykins View Post
    Daughter got me a bottle of Sauvage for Christmas. Nice and very long lasting

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I got a bottle last Christmas, itís very long lasting, Iíve worn it twice, the second time yesterday. All down to COVID , not been out anywhere special enough to wear it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #607
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    7,029
    Little thread revival. Does anyone know if itís possible to by tester sets of all these fancy fragrances online? Iím quite curious as to what +£100 bottles of aftershave smell likeÖ.but would rather not buy such bottles blind!

  8. #608
    Grand Master SimonK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    19,203
    Penhaligon's do a discovery set of men's fragrances - 5 mini bottles for 40 quids.

  9. #609
    Master tiny73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Back in Blighty
    Posts
    3,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Little thread revival. Does anyone know if itís possible to by tester sets of all these fancy fragrances online? Iím quite curious as to what +£100 bottles of aftershave smell likeÖ.but would rather not buy such bottles blind!
    Www.scentsamples.uk.com do splits and allow you to buy as little as 5ml of all sorts (inc creed, Tom Ford etc)

  10. #610
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    7,029
    I forgot about scent samples. Iíve used them before but was a little uncertain as to their legitimacy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Penhaligon's do a discovery set of men's fragrances - 5 mini bottles for 40 quids.
    Iíve not heard of them (which is not surprising as Iím hardly a sophisticated buyer!). Any good?

  11. #611
    Grand Master SimonK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    19,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post

    - - - Updated - - -



    I’ve not heard of them (which is not surprising as I’m hardly a sophisticated buyer!). Any good?

    Been around since 1870. Two royal warrants. A good range of whiffs - from traditional (Blenheim Bouquet) to modern, pretty much something for everyone. Very nice packaging and presentation.

    https://www.penhaligons.com/uk/en

  12. #612
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    7,029
    Thanks, will check them out!

  13. #613
    Master Tony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Teesside/Angola
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by tiny73 View Post
    Www.scentsamples.uk.com do splits and allow you to buy as little as 5ml of all sorts (inc creed, Tom Ford etc)
    I'd also recommend:

    https://www.fragrancesamplesuk.com/

  14. #614
    Apprentice N05J3W3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Bay of Fundy, CANADA
    Posts
    33
    Guerlain Vetiver.

  15. #615
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Ayrshire
    Posts
    2,542
    Creed Aventus still gets a lot of reactions . I personally find it too strong for day time .

    Green Irish Tweed is a good daytime scent .

    Tuscan Leather is also way too strong to wear around people gor long periods , definitely a night time scent .

  16. #616
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Mountsorrel uk
    Posts
    1,508
    I just bought a bottle of Chanel pour monsoir to add to the collection itís the third one Iíve had

  17. #617
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Creed Aventus still gets a lot of reactions . I personally find it too strong for day time .

    Green Irish Tweed is a good daytime scent .

    Tuscan Leather is also way too strong to wear around people gor long periods , definitely a night time scent .
    Tuscan leather is far far too heavy, their Ombrť Leather is much better.

  18. #618
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    101
    Not a fan of Tuscan Leather or Ombrť Leather.

    For me, Aqua Di Parmaís Colonial Leather is probably the best leather out there...

    Other fragrances in my rotation are

    Creed Royal Oud
    Fahrenheit (rediscovered this and itís still one of the best)
    Thierry Mugler Havane (now discontinued).
    On my final drops of TFís Tobacco Oud and gutted they have discontinued it. Will need to find an alternative.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  19. #619
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    620
    Blog Entries
    1
    House of Fraser have got 20% off everything

    Just picked up a bottle of creed aventus 100ml for 230 delivered!

  20. #620
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Devon
    Posts
    4,888
    Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post
    House of Fraser have got 20% off everything

    Just picked up a bottle of creed aventus 100ml for 230 delivered!
    Ideal. Good price. Aventus is probably my favourite. Really like Green Irish Tweed as well. Think I may try Viking.

  21. #621
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Ideal. Good price. Aventus is probably my favourite. Really like Green Irish Tweed as well. Think I may try Viking.
    really like viking i have to say

    wearing TF Neroli Portofino at the moment, nice for the summer.

  22. #622
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    48
    Is it the Acqua Do Parma Colonial Leather Eau de Parfum or Eau de Cologne that you have?

    Quote Originally Posted by pandaballs View Post
    Not a fan of Tuscan Leather or Ombrť Leather.

    For me, Aqua Di Parmaís Colonial Leather is probably the best leather out there...

    Other fragrances in my rotation are

    Creed Royal Oud
    Fahrenheit (rediscovered this and itís still one of the best)
    Thierry Mugler Havane (now discontinued).
    On my final drops of TFís Tobacco Oud and gutted they have discontinued it. Will need to find an alternative.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  23. #623
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    1,971
    Lots of nice fragrances from Mancera and Xerjoff - the latter's Zefiro is a particular favourite.

  24. #624
    Any new discoveries?

  25. #625
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    4,172
    I'm rocking Hermes citron noir right now. Love it.

  26. #626
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,612
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I'm rocking Hermes citron noir right now. Love it.
    It’s a nice pong and very long lasting, less is more with it though - gently does it.
    All of the aftershave from Hermes is very nice.

    With working from home I have been wearing cheaper aftershave (I wear smellies everyday) leaving the good stuff for going out.

    Everyday working from home includes:
    4711 Cologne - the original cologne
    Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada
    Both about £20 a bottle

    Office pong:
    Gorse by Laboratory Perfumes
    Zeste de vetiver or Cedre Bleu by Durance
    All a bit more at around £40-60.

    Out out = more expensive smells.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 26th January 2022 at 09:45.

  27. #627
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Penhaligon's do a discovery set of men's fragrances - 5 mini bottles for 40 quids.
    Blenheim Bouquet is a classic. One of my all
    time favourites along with Terre DíHermes and AdP Ginepro di Sardegna

  28. #628
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchmanuk4 View Post
    Blenheim Bouquet is a classic. One of my all
    time favourites along with Terre DíHermes and AdP Ginepro di Sardegna
    Why the hell did they discontinue Ginepro di Sardegna?!? On my last half bottle and just love the stuff


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #629
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    350
    Hermes, Chanel or Dunhill eau de parfum I tend to stick too. TK Maxx online is a good option to find things a little off the wall as well for significant savings.


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

  30. #630
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Mountsorrel uk
    Posts
    1,508
    I just had some Hermes h24 for my birthday really nice unique smell, quite unusual for a modern scent

  31. #631
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    259
    Apropos of nothing at all, I finally bought a bottle of Creed Royal Oud in the Harvey Nicks sale on Monday & dear god it's unbelievable. Previously I've been caning Ombre Leather & Noir de Noir, but Royal Oud is just something else. Not much oud going on obvs, but such a classy fragrance.

  32. #632
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    3,740
    Bought TF’s new …bŤne Fumť this week. Rich & opulent but with a strong floral kick, that the blurb says is rose, but smells like violet to me.
    Last edited by gcleminson; 6th February 2022 at 09:10.

  33. #633
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Dubrovnik, Croatia
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Any new discoveries?
    Guerlain, Santal Royal, Cuir Intense and Bois Mysterieux, lovely stuff.


  34. #634
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cherrytown, Glos, UK
    Posts
    8,794
    Blog Entries
    75

    Aftershaves - any favourites?

    Tried Mont Blanc Emblem at LHR today. Had a very similar scent to Creed Aventus to my untrained noseÖ long lasting & much cheaper.

    z

  35. #635
    Master Crispin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honah Lee
    Posts
    1,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jari37 View Post
    Apropos of nothing at all, I finally bought a bottle of Creed Royal Oud in the Harvey Nicks sale on Monday & dear god it's unbelievable. Previously I've been caning Ombre Leather & Noir de Noir, but Royal Oud is just something else. Not much oud going on obvs, but such a classy fragrance.
    Royal Our is very good indeed, regrettably on the last few mls of my bottle

    Sent from my CPH2207 using Tapatalk

  36. #636
    Master pacifichrono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,964
    #1 in my book...


  37. #637
    Quote Originally Posted by Adversary View Post
    Guerlain, Santal Royal, Cuir Intense and Bois Mysterieux, lovely stuff.

    Look interesting, can you get samples/testers any where do you know?

  38. #638
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Mountsorrel uk
    Posts
    1,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoodles View Post
    Look interesting, can you get samples/testers any where do you know?
    John Lewis stock them if you have one near

  39. #639
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Warwickshire, UK
    Posts
    1,438
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Been around since 1870. Two royal warrants. A good range of whiffs - from traditional (Blenheim Bouquet) to modern, pretty much something for everyone. Very nice packaging and presentation.

    https://www.penhaligons.com/uk/en
    My favourite is Penhaligons Sartorial, but I have 4 or 5 of theirs. They often have good deals on their website, so it's worth joining their mailing list too.

  40. #640
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Tried Mont Blanc Emblem at LHR today. Had a very similar scent to Creed Aventus to my untrained noseÖ long lasting & much cheaper.

    z
    I havenít got that, but I have Mont Blanc Explorer (black) which is 99% the same as Aventus, are you sure it wasnít this?

    https://www.theperfumeshop.com/montb...m/p/71300EDPJU

  41. #641
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    18,474
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I havenít got that, but I have Mont Blanc Explorer (black) which is 99% the same as Aventus, are you sure it wasnít this?

    https://www.theperfumeshop.com/montb...m/p/71300EDPJU
    For about 2 hours maybe and less smokey.

    Alot smells like Creed but non cheaper last


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  42. #642
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cherrytown, Glos, UK
    Posts
    8,794
    Blog Entries
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I haven’t got that, but I have Mont Blanc Explorer (black) which is 99% the same as Aventus, are you sure it wasn’t this?

    https://www.theperfumeshop.com/montb...m/p/71300EDPJU
    i suspect you are correct - the bottle I tried was on the wrong shelf to begin with ( Jimmy Choo )
    - so I naturally assumed it was from the shelf below, which was MB … but I didn’t check them all…& that bottle looks like the one I tried.

    oops…!

    z
    Last edited by zelig; 8th February 2022 at 22:27.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information