closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega 53 and Precista 53

Omega 53 and Precista 53

At university (over 35 yrs ago) I managed to pick up a "cheap" (i was on a grant and think I paid about £20) for an old Omega Army issue watch. At the time I had no real idea what I had and wore it as a daily beater for ~10yrs (during which it took some harsh treatment).

Over the last few years i discovered what I had (a Omega 53) and now can't bring myself to wear it.

I then discovered Eddie's Precista 53. I hope you like the side by sides...

Sent from TZ-UK app on an iPhone
    Last edited by DACC; 28th August 2017 at 08:41.

What a fantastic find and how nice to have just picked it up cheaply and used it.

What a lovely pair (ooh, er, missus). The Omega looks to have held up very well to being used as a beater - not something you hear of all that often! I wouldn't be tempted to have it 'restored', either. The Precista 53 is (probably) Eddie's finest and no doubt rarer than the Omega...

It's ironic that the "Homage" is rarer than the original (although - at the moment- cheaper!).
    At some stage I'd need the acrylic replaced (there is a crack around 1 o'clock - or doesn't seem to show on the photo).

Sent from TZ-UK app on an iPhone

If the acrylic crystal the same size as a Omega 53 for a Precista 53 link below has crystal that fit had to replace the crystal on my Omega 53
    http://www.obsoletewatchandclockparts.com/

Blog Entries

Omega 53 and Precista 53

I really regret selling my prs 53 -Fantastic watch .
    As stated super difficult to come buy one even on the forum rarely for sale and the auto version usually only pops up. Those hand wound versions are keepers . Great pAir of arrows OP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    What a lovely pair (ooh, er, missus). The Omega looks to have held up very well to being used as a beater - not something you hear of all that often! I wouldn't be tempted to have it 'restored', either. The Precista 53 is (probably) Eddie's finest and no doubt rarer than the Omega...

I agree - in terms of historical value and faithfulness the prs 53 has to be the one watch out of all the stable that's perfect and followed closely by the 29A. They're the two I find make sense and are why reproduction or homage watches work flawlessly when done correctly. (Not to dismiss the others -my humble opinion as well )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Wow so similar. Was Precista copying Omega? They are very nice by the way.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Journeyman

Great watches

Are those Precista still for sale?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemaniaman View Post
    Are those Precista still for sale?
    You won't find a new one to buy buy you can keep an eye on eBay or other watch forums. I found mine right here in Romania( I know. What are the odds? )

Master
    This is the same watch, albeit without Precista on the dial. Zeno used to make Eddie’s watches and they have shown no shame in continuing to use the designs with their own branding.

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...RS-s3-(-PRS53)

Dave

Omega 53 and Precista 53

There is so much scope for Eddie to work. The Smiths brand should be huge on the back of the Everest thing.

I would just put everything behind that one brand and model and build from there. Lol how Vertex re-launched, Smiths should do the same with the Hilary watch. Rolex take all the plaudits really and I would love to see Smiths take it back.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by DACC View Post
    At university (over 35 yrs ago) I managed to pick up a "cheap" (i was on a grant and think I paid about £20) for an old Omega Army issue watch. At the time I had no real idea what I had and wore it as a daily beater for ~10yrs (during which it took some harsh treatment).

Over the last few years i discovered what I had (a Omega 53) and now can't bring myself to wear it.

I then discovered Eddie's Precista 53. I hope you like the side by sides...
    Beautiful watches, both of them.
    I can only wish I started collecting watches 20 years old when I just finished the university. It would have saved me a lot of money.

Really cool side by sides, two beautiful watches !

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by NobitaD View Post
    Beautiful watches, both of them.
    I can only wish I started collecting watches 20 years old when I just finished the university. It would have saved me a lot of money.
    Ditto, though I finished 10 years ago and still think it would have saved a lot of money! Or would it have cost me a lot of money with an extra 10 years of buying watches...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk