closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sage - the oracle advice/reviews

Craftsman

Sage - the oracle advice/reviews

Does anyone have one of these? Do you have any feedback on this coffee machine?

John Lewis have just knocked £400 off and it looks to be amazing value especially with 0% finance too.

thanks.

https://sageappliances.co.uk/product...nt=40400738308

Master
    Haven't got one but I seriously doubt it is worth the money. Most of the Heston Sage stuff has a premium built in. The sub £500 Sage Barista model is probably just as good. That said if I were getting a bean to cup machine I'd look at a Jura or a cheap DeLonghi.

Blog Entries
    I've got the Duo Pro - it was £269 from Iwantoneofthose.com

It's excellent

z

Apprentice
    I'm with reccie and would go with a top end name like Jura (others are available) for that money.

I carried out lots of research about bean to cup machines before going the total opposite and buying a separate grinder and machine as I wanted to learn the process. I read lots of reviews about 'celebrity chef' products and although I'm negatively biased against that sort of thing the reviews backed up my thoughts as there are far better versions out there for the money.

If you do go down the separates route I can't recommend www.myespresso.co.uk enough! Great prices, customer service and package deals too. I bought the Rancilio Silvia with Rocky grinder.
    Last edited by jenksruss; 25th August 2017 at 17:54.

Journeyman
    There's a couple of v good coffee forums with more than you'll ever need to know re machines but great reviews etc

Sent from my MotoG3 using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    E.g Google Coffee Forums UK ( could not remember name, had to look at my bookmarks 😃

Sent from my MotoG3 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Thanks all. I should have added. I already have a pod machine which is only used for a quick fix in a hurry and a gaggia classic espresso machine for when I have more time. This I have had for years and I want something with twin boilers so I can do the milk whilst also extracting the espresso. I don’t really want to spend more than I have to but the sage seems really well built and reviews I have read are pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I have the duo pro. It isn't as high end as the one you are looking at. However, I can certainly vouch for the build quality of the Sage machines. Looks good to me.

Had a rancilio Silvia and mazzer super jolly. Moved to the us and got a breville oracle (Sage is just rebadged breville)

So much more convenient. Coffee is fine. Mine was a remanufactured from Amazon/woot for about $1100

Worth it. Still need to dial in the grind but everything else is near instant

Craftsman
    Depends on what your looking for, but a dual boiler machine is pretty much the best that you can get. With £400 off, you're looking at £1,100-200 for a very serious piece of kit which is more like a hybrid in between of a fully automatic bean to cup & a manual machine. Really depends on whether you enjoy making your coffee yourself or whether you'd like an automated process of a machine such as Jura.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check eBay for breville or sage remanufactured, or possibly look at their website

It's big too- takes up counter space

Craftsman
    Wondering if they're going to bow down in price in general or whether this is some sort of a mega deal which should be taken advantage of, never seen such a low price since they've come out about two years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The remanufactured ones have a different model number. Google/eBay - mine was rm-bes980xl , you might try prefixing whatever the UK model number is with RM- and seeing what shows up

Master
    I've been looking at these as well, you seem to be able to get them for around £1200 online

I have a DeLonghi Magnifica Bean to Cup, that must be about 7 or 8 year old now, daily use and recently I've noticed the taste isn't what it used to be, so thinking about an upgrade

Looking for a mix of convenience and good coffee, and don't really have room for separate grinders etc, so the Oracle looks a good compromise, but at a price clearly

Has anyone had one of these long term, a quick look online there seems to be some grumblings around reliability

Or are there better options for the price, with the convenience of being an all in one so to speak

I drink my coffee black, but make milky coffee for my girlfriend and my daughter

I know there are a few coffee aficionados on here, so any advice appreciated

Cheers

Kevin