closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any recommended accounts packages for small clubs?

Craftsman

Any recommended accounts packages for small clubs?

Does anybody have any experience of an accounts software package that could be used by the treasurer of a small club?
    The club only has about 100 members and perhaps 3 sources of income with maybe 6-8 heads of expenditure.
    Our treasurer is,I think,struggling to produce anything like proper accounts and really only gives a "snapshot" for year end (minus any balance sheet) so a proper income & expenditure account with balance sheet is desirable.
    Any pointers would be gratefully received.
    Many thanks for reading.

A very simple Excel spreadsheet is all that's needed.

We use Kashflow as our club has to have published accounts (we are VAT registered and have turnover of around £190K. It costs £15 a month from IRIS software. As the previous poster mentions, Excel would suffice for basic invoice tracking but you might struggle to produce decent reports. You could also try QuickBooks but I don't know if this supports journals.

Apprentice
    Easybooks is brilliant for this type of use but is only available for Mac

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Thanks for all your replies.
    I doubt our treasurer would be too happy with spreadsheets and we probably do need a reports facility ie balance sheet with P & L a/c.
    VT Cashbook was seen online but I have no knowledge of it.
    Methinks he is Macless so a Windows based application would be best for him.
    Thanks again.

Master
    I use Wave Accounting Apps for my business, free & so far great reporting

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by topcat666 View Post
    Thanks for all your replies.
    I doubt our treasurer would be too happy with spreadsheets and we probably do need a reports facility ie balance sheet with P & L a/c.
    VT Cashbook was seen online but I have no knowledge of it.
    Methinks he is Macless so a Windows based application would be best for him.
    Thanks again.
    In all seriousness I would get a new Treasurer if they are unable to produce basic financial information.

As I am Treasurer of our Sports and Social club, I would say that people volunteering to be Treasurers are few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    In all seriousness I would get a new Treasurer if they are unable to produce basic financial information.
    This. Really. I know a couple of girls in my daughter's class (year 6) that would be able to prepare a working worksheet including reports if you could explain what those words mean to them. It really isn't rocket science, and any accounting software /app would do that, including the free ones.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sish101 View Post
    As I am Treasurer of our Sports and Social club, I would say that people volunteering to be Treasurers are few and far between.
    Sadly,all too true.
    I'm just trying to point him in the right direction and be helpful because it will be in the interests of the club and it's members to do so.
    Thanks again for all the input.

Master
    Can also recommend Kashflow but it depends if the subscription fee format appeals.

Sage One Start, but it depends on what you want to record, to what level of detail, and whether they're to be handed over to a proper accountant. If so, it may be best to go with whatever is compatible with their set up.

For a free alternative how about GnuCash? It has some templates which I think you can use to get something started.

spreadsheet plus bank everything coming in and bank transfer/witdhraw for everything coming out (religiously) ; one account only and bank statement is your profit and loss too
    spreadsheet keeps track of who paid in and what was paid out to who
    Last edited by Xantiagib; 14th August 2017 at 18:31.

Craftsman
    Thanks again,everyone.
    When I see our treasurer or secretary,I will pass on some of the suggestions here.