closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying a Sinn

Buying a Sinn

Anyone bought a new Sinn lately - how long did you have to wait?

Just about into my 6th week of waiting now. Not normally an issue but expected delivery times were 2-3 weeks

Have to say, not overly impressed with Page & Cooper (lack of) communication on the matter, just being told they are waiting for full production report from Sinn and that's just to give me an expected delivery date.

Is this normal with Sinn or are my expectations of 3 weeks or so unrealistic?

Craftsman
    Which one did you order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by db3266 View Post
    Which one did you order?

UX. fancied a high end quartz

Craftsman
    I placed my order Thursday evening and had confirmation over the phone yesterday. Josh has been great to deal with. He secured one of the last U1000 for me and told me he expects it within 2 weeks.

I am not sure why it is so difficult to buy watches in UK.
    Watchbuys USA are the major Sinn dealers in US. If I order today, it is usually here by tomorrow or next day.

Craftsman
    Sorry I can't be of any help but over the years I've been very surprised how utterly woeful German customer service is.

It seems every time I've ordered or enquired about a product I've had a problem of some sort that's been a complete ball ache to get sorted.

Steinhart are a complete nightmare to deal with. Sinn didn't even reply to a query about availability when I was thinking of buying from them.

I'm currently the proud owner of a glass printed picture for the kitchen which came from Germany ( which the company don't tell you anywhere on their website ) that's covered with peeling print and scratches and getting any sense out of them is pretty much impossible. I'm dealing through email with one person and she's told me everything from giving me detailed instructions as to how to go about returning it to them, to telling me to throw it in the bin and I still haven't got my money back even though she's told me twice she's going to do it straight away.

If P&C are having to deal with anything like this, then maybe they're doing all they can and it's out of their hands.
    Last edited by coldwarkid; 5th August 2017 at 15:18.

Craftsman
    Have you tried chronext? They have a couple of UX's that are listed as 'available'.

This one

https://www.chronext.co.uk/sinn/divi...403-030/010164

And also a UX S

The Sinn is all paid for (order was placed on the last day of June) but I don't think I am at the stage of cancelling yet. I will call P&C again on Monday and give at least one more chance to give me a delivery date

I have just returned a steinhart under warranty (just something on the dial which i thought I could live with but I couldn't) - they were very helpful and sorted courier collection. Proof is in the repair and return I guess but the actual sale/ delivery and follow up on a warranty claim has all been very good so far

The UX is a good choice, Ive had quite a few Sinns and this is the one that I want to wear rather than feel obliged to because I paid for it. Unfortunately mine has to go back under their repair warranty due to an odd time keeping issue - in regard to their customer service no issues, the initial repair was done with a goodwill gesture from them on the price even though it was two years out of warranty and the return is being handled by them, paying alll shipping charges etc.

Blog Entries
    Perhaps you got a good discount but if not, then buying from Sinn is usually a smarter thing than ordering from an AD.

Craftsman
    Just bought one from Neil at Chronomaster, arrived almost before the web page closed but I did check it was in stock! Cheers, John B4

Craftsman
    Don't forget Summer holiday closing for the factory can be a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyjack View Post
    Don't forget Summer holiday closing for the factory can be a reason.
    Good point and I wouldn't mind that at all. Not sure if that is the case, why P&C couldn't just tell me that rather than the "I'm waiting for a production report" response

Craftsman
    They are also in the mist of a move to a new HQ,
    with this statement on their website.
    I'm sure all this is going to slow production.
    I think i will wait until september to order a 104 st sa a that i'm lusting after.

We look forward to welcoming you at our new headquarters from 1 September 2017:
    Sinn Spezialuhren GmbH
    Wilhelm-Fay-Straße 21
    65936 Frankfurt am Main
    Please understand that we will need to close our headquarters to the public from 24-31 August to prepare for our move.
    We would be happy to meet you in person at our branch at Römerberg 34 in Frankfurt during this time.
    We are looking forward to seeing you at our new headquarters from 1 September. Our range of products will be on display there additionally every Saturday from this time on.

Journeyman
    My UX (bracelet, GSG9) took around 8 weeks to arrive if I remember rightly - of all the Sinn watches I believe the oiled filled variants take a little while longer as they're more complex to produce. There was a P&C video on Youtube which mentioned the UX is manufactured in a separate part of the (now old) factory by a much smaller team, hence longer lead times.

I bought mine through Jura, who were less than great at keeping me up to date - 2-3 weeks turned into 8... But, keep with it, it's a phenomenal watch.

Good point though with regard to the new factory, this may add some time in the short term before hopefully spooling up to quicker deliveries and service turnarounds.

Had a good chat with the folks at P&C and seems we are back on track. UX expected next week all going well so 8 weeks does indeed seem to turnaround time. The new HQ move hasn't taken place yet and they are trying to clear orders before they move

And yes, the UX is made at the "back of the factory" by 4 watchmakers. On that basis I'm amazed it's only 8 weeks.

I'll update with some pics when it arrives

My UX was sent back early August to have remedial work done following its service. It arrived back today apparently fixed and serviced again...so less than three week turnaround.
    Keith

Craftsman
    My Sinn U1000 arrived today (ordered 4 August). Josh at Page & Cooper have been fantastic in keeping me informed.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

The UX turned up taking a little over 6 weeks in all. To give P&C their due, comms got a lot better after my initial grumble.

Watch well worth the wait though, so a happy ending.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpshell View Post
    Had a good chat with the folks at P&C and seems we are back on track. UX expected next week all going well so 8 weeks does indeed seem to turnaround time. The new HQ move hasn't taken place yet and they are trying to clear orders before they move

And yes, the UX is made at the "back of the factory" by 4 watchmakers. On that basis I'm amazed it's only 8 weeks.

I'll update with some pics when it arrives
    The guys at P&C have been known to visit the forum so perhaps this thread has prompted them into action.
    Enjoy the UX it is always on the list for me.

Craftsman
    I was told 2 weeks by P&C when I ordered a UX last year. I cancelled the order when there was still no sign after 6 weeks. P&C were fine, but Sinn seem hopeless. If expectation is set at 6 weeks initially then it wouldn't be an issue. I'm not unhappy though as I bought a Girard-Perregaux off the forum instead, which is quite possibly my favourite watch.

Craftsman
    I have stopped by at Sinn (at their old works) last week. Ever so friendly without overly fuzz and glitz. I liked that a lot. A worker showed me a parking spot, we had a laugh, then went to the entrance and met this lovly lady on a pushbike waiting for her hubby to come back out from looking at watches. You walk by offices to get to their show room, rather factory outlet look than boutique. All watches there to try on, no glass cover, just help yourself in trying them on. U 212 was the reason to go and yes I like it a lot. Purchase price at the factory is the same as from my local AD, no haggling at both, so I ordered one at the AD as I was on my way to Asia and didnt want to leave the watch in the car at the airport. As I fly often out of Frankfurt I will visit them at their new place asap and do a better write up.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwrover View Post
    I have stopped by at Sinn (at their old works) last week. Ever so friendly without overly fuzz and glitz. I liked that a lot. A worker showed me a parking spot, we had a laugh, then went to the entrance and met this lovly lady on a pushbike waiting for her hubby to come back out from looking at watches. You walk by offices to get to their show room, rather factory outlet look than boutique. All watches there to try on, no glass cover, just help yourself in trying them on. U 212 was the reason to go and yes I like it a lot. Purchase price at the factory is the same as from my local AD, no haggling at both, so I ordered one at the AD as I was on my way to Asia and didnt want to leave the watch in the car at the airport. As I fly often out of Frankfurt I will visit them at their new place asap and do a better write up.
    How did you find the U212 at 47 mm diameter compared to the 44 mm of the U1, U2, UX, U1000?

Craftsman
    The 47 mm as well as the 24 mm silicon strap are the reason why I ordered the U212. I have "heavy bones" wide wrists and can get away with big watches easily. On the other hand the U212 is not extremely high so that is a bonus. My all time favourite Sinn is the 857 but it wears too small. I had it on my wrist as well. AD said that the watch is reserved for me but Sinn wont send it out until after their move so I need to be patient.
    Last edited by bmwrover; 29th August 2017 at 08:36. Reason: spelling corrected

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR View Post
    How did you find the U212 at 47 mm diameter compared to the 44 mm of the U1, U2, UX, U1000?
    Hello PDR, I picked up my 47mm U212 today and here are the first pics:

Well pleased with the look and feel and the watch wears very comfy as it is somehow "self-levelling centrally on my wrist"

I am so happy, please excuse if I also post the pics in the incoming thread as well.
    Last edited by bmwrover; 18th September 2017 at 18:01. Reason: spelling

Craftsman
    Congratulations Bmwrover, that looks absolutely Perfect on your wrist! Thanks for sharing the photos.

I have always felt that the semi-rigid nature of the silicone / rubber strap, the way it fits to the watch case and the large clasp combined really helps to keep the watch centred on the wrist... it is in my opinion also very comfortable. I wore my Sinn U2 for ten years straight in all temperatures (-20c to 45c) and from very dry dessert to rainforests.

My U2 is away for service so I am wearing my new U1000 on its leather strap, but I can't wait for the U1000 specific silicone strap to arrive from P&C. The Leather is very nice, but I'm around water a lot at work so the silicone is better for my needs.

Your U212 looks wonderful !

Sinn have only just moved into their new headquarters building in Sossenheim which I guess is the reason for the recent disruption.

It is actually opposite one of our sites so I went in to take a look on Wednesday. Very impressive, they have around 150 watches on display in their shop.

I was that impressed that I ended up coming back with a 103 Ti UTC IFR pilot chronograph. It's certified to this new DIN 8330 standard and they show you a video of the rigorous tests they put the watch through. The hammer test is the one that makes you really cringe. I'm really into tool watches and this one really fits the bill:

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post

It is actually opposite one of our sites so I went in to take a look on Wednesday. Very impressive, they have around 150 watches on display in their shop.
    Did you spot the watches in the fish tank?

Quote Originally Posted by aucky View Post
    Did you spot the watches in the fish tank?
    No I didn't see those. I must go back and have a look.

Currently on my 10th week waiting on a 556i through P&C

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ferdia_ View Post

I wanted two 556A last month. Rang Neil at Chronomaster. Delivered the next day. Is it P & C or Sinn where the issue is?

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

Similar to the poster above, I wanted a 556i on bracelet and Neil sorted me out next day, and took less than a week to get me a U1 SDR. This was only a few weeks back.

I really don't know, P&C had none in stock when I ordered and quoted 4 to 6 weeks to have one manufactured. When I checked around week 5 I was told one of the senior watch maker was unwell for quite a while and they were currently quoting around 8 weeks turn around time.

I really don't know, P&C had none in stock when I ordered and quoted 4 to 6 weeks to have one manufactured. When I checked around week 5 I was told one of the senior watch maker was unwell for quite a while and they were currently quoting around 8 weeks turn around time.

In your situation I would contact chronomaster and ask about availability, then cancel your order with P&C to re-order if available.

Master

March

I ordered the new Blue 103 on the 23rd March this year and as of yet I still don’t have it???
    I ordered it from Jura and I have ordered quite a few from them including a 103 Sinn which took about 2 weeks to arrive yet this one is taking nearly 5 months😳😳😢
    Jura say that Sinn say it’s because they are a small production operation and I ordered the small link bracelet one which is last to be made as the leather strapped versions are first out and I must admit I’ve seen mostly ones on leather arrive so far?? I’m starting to get a little annoyed now though as I’ve heard quite a few stories about why they are delayed in terms of suppliers etc letting them down??

I hope it arrives soon, my last contact with Jura was on the 23rd July and they stated it will be with you within 3-4 weeks but they have also said that maybe 3-4 times already ?? I know it’s not Jura’s fault as they are just the distributor and I’ve bought other watches from them without incident?!?

Would be interested to know if anyone else has ordered one and whether it’s arrived or whether they are being told stories of what’s sinn has said??

Chris

Craftsman
    I go into Jura quite regularly and it is only just over 3 weeks since they had the blue leather strap version on display, so maybe the bracelet version won't be far behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by subchris View Post
    I ordered the new Blue 103 on the 23rd March this year and as of yet I still don’t have it???
    I ordered it from Jura and I have ordered quite a few from them including a 103 Sinn which took about 2 weeks to arrive yet this one is taking nearly 5 months
    Jura say that Sinn say it’s because they are a small production operation and I ordered the small link bracelet one which is last to be made as the leather strapped versions are first out and I must admit I’ve seen mostly ones on leather arrive so far?? I’m starting to get a little annoyed now though as I’ve heard quite a few stories about why they are delayed in terms of suppliers etc letting them down??

I hope it arrives soon, my last contact with Jura was on the 23rd July and they stated it will be with you within 3-4 weeks but they have also said that maybe 3-4 times already ?? I know it’s not Jura’s fault as they are just the distributor and I’ve bought other watches from them without incident?!?

Would be interested to know if anyone else has ordered one and whether it’s arrived or whether they are being told stories of what’s sinn has said??

Chris
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by coldwarkid View Post
    over the years I've been very surprised how utterly woeful German customer service is.
    Not always. I've had excellent responses from GO, Dornblüth and Stowa.
    Only problem is that "web" email addresses (Outlook, Hotmail, Gmail) sometimes fall into their spam filters -- which is odd considering how many customers must have such accounts.

Edited to add that today I received a charming email from Moritz Grossmann answering a warranty query (positively), and I don't even own one of their watches yet!

Last edited by Yokel; 20th August 2018 at 14:10.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post
    Sinn have only just moved into their new headquarters building in Sossenheim which I guess is the reason for the recent disruption.

I was that impressed that I ended up coming back with a 103 Ti UTC IFR pilot chronograph. It's certified to this new DIN 8330 standard and they show you a video of the rigorous tests they put the watch through. The hammer test is the one that makes you really cringe. I'm really into tool watches and this one really fits the bill:

Wow! I would like to go there!!

Apprentice
    I bought a Sinn 556a through Chronext - it wss delivered within 24 hours.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Master

Cheers for that!!

Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post
    I go into Jura quite regularly and it is only just over 3 weeks since they had the blue leather strap version on display, so maybe the bracelet version won't be far behind.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I do hope so!! I also hope the wait is worth it as this is the longest I’ve ever waited for a watch??
    I always said I’d never go on a Rolex list and here I am on another list but I’ve ordered and paid plus it’s a limited edition Baselworld release and not just a standard model they are slow at producing😉👍🏻

I think I’ve had maybe 5 watches that I’ve been this excited about in 26 years, how sad am I 🤣🤣👍🏻

Chris