closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When do you feel your age?

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    I used to walk the forty minutes to the pub, have two pints, a slash just before leaving & comfortably walk the forty minutes home without any bladder discomfort.

Now, I still walk to the pub, but go the the bog on arrival, then have a pint & a couple of sips out of the second one, go to the bog, come back, finish my second pint, go to the bog, come out the pub & get the bus (a ten minute trip) up the road. The forty minute walk is a definite no-no after a couple of pints!
    Ask your Doctor for 5mg Solifenacin you'll piss like a young man again!!

Master
    When you go to the Alfa dealer to look at a 4C, sit in the driver's seat and then panic, because it is so low and the sills high, that you may never be able to get out (not a smooth move)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    I take it that was on a track? Absolutely fantastic in any event, but if it was on the road, I think you may be superman.
    It was on the road, up & down the A11/A14 near Newmarket. I was finished before 9.30am so the traffic wasn't too bad. 28.1mph average for 100 miles

For anybody who's on Strava https://www.strava.com/activities/1042071505
    Last edited by trident-7; 1st August 2017 at 18:48.

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    It was on the road, up & down the A11/A14 near Newmarket. I was finished before 9.30am so the traffic wasn't too bad. 28.1mph average for 100 miles

For anybody who's on Strava https://www.strava.com/activities/1042071505

Just had a look at that. Absolutely fantastic. I'd be at least 10 mph slower than that - if I could even finish! Is that A11 Climb segment correct? Averaging 28 mph on a 0.8 mile 6% incline seems a bit of a tall order.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    Just had a look at that. Absolutely fantastic. I'd be at least 10 mph slower than that - if I could even finish! Is that A11 Climb segment correct? Averaging 28 mph on a 0.8 mile 6% incline seems a bit of a tall order.
    It's all relatively flat from what I remember. I pretty much flat-lined the power @ 270W for 3.5 hours. You don't really notice any hills because you just go a bit slower going up a gradient, & a bit faster when you go down them

I needed an angioplasty (three stents) at 63 but it didn't slow me down at all. Your sleepiness is likely an effect of your drugs. I've been a runner for 50 years and finally wore out my right hip at 68. I had a ceramic/steel/plastic replacement but have had complications that have been impossible so far to diagnose. I've been a semi-cripple for the past six months.

So...I'm finally feeling my age!

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    Ask your Doctor for 5mg Solifenacin you'll piss like a young man again!!
    Have you had a prostate exam recently?

I have BPH , which presents with the same symptoms as prostate cancer.

The first pee in the morning is troublesome, and large quantities of beer are challenging.

A simple blood test for PSA is worthwhile, rubbished by some it was the first indicator of my BPH.

Quote Originally Posted by W124 View Post
    Have you had a prostate exam recently?

I have BPH , which presents with the same symptoms as prostate cancer.
    I have prostate cancer, but am managing it through active surveillance. It was diagnosed last September. I have three monthly blood tests to measure PSA, mine has gone down 4.09 on the gleason scale.

I feel my age when I see photos of myself, but not when I look in a mirror. There's something about the mirror that switches off that "assessment" bit of your brain. Photos don't tend to lie though!

I can also feel old deep down when I look at my partner and remember we are the same age. Don't get me wrong, she's very fit and healthy and looks amazing for her age, but we all just sort of move differently, more carefully, dress slightly differently, have grey appearing, lines, other signs of getting old. I mean, it's natural right? The alternative isn't very palatable. I suppose it reminds me I'm older rather than making me feel old, if I'm honest.

On Tuesday we went for a dinner at a friend's flat; she has Thonet chairs. After about 2 hours I couldn't feel my legs. All of those people taking a couple of hours over a Melange and many cigarettes in Viennese cafes are not over 40.

Master
    My concern is the percentage of days you feel on good form, creative and energetic. I optimistically identify with those days, considering the rest to be 'off days' or feeling under the weather, fighting something off etc.. My worry would be the off days gradually joining up and becoming the new normal.

Meditation and excercise certainly help. At least with meditation, there's something you can actually make progress at over decades. In terms of exercise, Tabata high intensity training is pretty miraculous, when I can manage it. It really pushes back out that shrinking boundary of what your body feels like it can do. It's very easy to confuse being old with simply being unfit, and meditation and exercise together can knock ten years off the way you feel very quickly.

This has worked wonders for me. One of the few supplements that I noticed the effects of in the very short term:

Much more alert when waking in the morning.
    More energy and alert through the day.
    Higher libido.

http://theshawnstevensonmodel.com/7-...le-supplement/

Quote Originally Posted by NikosF View Post
    When you go to the Alfa dealer to look at a 4C, sit in the driver's seat and then panic, because it is so low and the sills high, that you may never be able to get out (not a smooth move)
    This happened to me in the US whilst driving my son's Camaro.

I had to almost fall out of the door.
    Cheers,
    Neil.