closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolex DIDN'T make the first self winding watch!

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Loads of people claim to have invented the first self winding watch. I just read an article on the Fortis website stating that they did !

Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    Loads of people claim to have invented the first self winding watch. I just read an article on the Fortis website stating that they did !
    They didn’t quite invent it but they were possibly the first to put one into mass production when they produced a version of John Harwood’s movement mentioned earlier in the thread. The same John Harwood that Rolex had to issue a grovelling apology to in 1956.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    John Harwood's son has a a jewellery shop near Minehead. (Dunster). He has the whole story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    They didn’t quite invent it but they were possibly the first to put one into mass production when they produced a version of John Harwood’s movement mentioned earlier in the thread. The same John Harwood that Rolex had to issue a grovelling apology to in 1956.
    Sent from my SM-A105FN using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Webwatchmaker; 15th August 2020 at 08:03.

Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Nice one Bob, well done. I’ll see if I can get hold of the article legitimately, I’d
    like to read it.
    Here you go mate, the complete article someone posted this on the NAWCC wristwatch message board.

https://bhi.co.uk/wp-content/uploads...2020-AOTM2.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post
    Here you go mate, the complete article someone posted this on the NAWCC wristwatch message board.

https://bhi.co.uk/wp-content/uploads...2020-AOTM2.pdf
    Cheers for that Bob, I will enjoy reading it.

Hope all is well with you.