closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch shops in Dublin

Watch shops in Dublin

Any decent pre owned shops in Dublin or Cork that you guys know of?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Weirs in Dublin & Keanes in Cork are similar fashion to UK ADs. Both have pre owned.

Theres another couple around Dublin but prices are way higher (+50%) what you'd see on C24.

Just to be specific here, I visited Dawson Jewelers in Dublin about 2 years ago and they wanted more for a 3 year old IWC Mark Series (no box or papers) than the new ticket price on the same model. Not sure what they were playing at there.
    Last edited by TimeThoughts; 23rd July 2017 at 21:21.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Dawson jewellers and a few jewellers in the powerscourt shopping centre upstairs

Both off Grafton Street, just don't expect any value

Craftsman
    Looked at a few vintage watches in Talbot St which would be a rough art of town, prices are off the scale i.e Bulova 32mm auto for 400 euros. Stick with SC.

Journeyman
    Welcome to Ireland. We take the £ price, put a € in front and then double it.

Quote Originally Posted by stowaJLCfan View Post
    Looked at a few vintage watches in Talbot St which would be a rough art of town, prices are off the scale i.e Bulova 32mm auto for 400 euros. Stick with SC.
    I came very near to buying a Bulova chrono with what I believe was Valjoux 7733/74 in it just over a year ago for €495; they're not always completely off the mark. Always some interesting "characters" in the area; mostly hanging around the corner of North Earl St/Marlborough St/Talbot St. On the subject of pubs I had always avoided the area but Briody's and the Confession Box are two little gems (and of course McClery's in Amiens St but that's a little more famous).

There are also some secondhand seller in Johnson's Court (leading from Grafton St to the Powerscourt Townhouse) but you can expect to laugh in derision at the prices.

Edit: I always add this link from a member here when discussing Dawson's Jewellers. http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-TWO-now-added
    Last edited by Carlton-Browne; 24th July 2017 at 12:22.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wittymoniker View Post
    Welcome to Ireland. We take the £ price, put a € in front and then double it.
    Very true.

Stick to SC.

Craftsman
    I'd suggest checking out The Powerscourt Townhouse Centre, the second floor has a few vintage watch and jewellery shops. I'm quite fond of Corrs Jewellers and I'd also check out Kish Watches. It's located a short walk from Grafton Street, so nice and central, and occasionally have some interesting pieces.