closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nick English Bremont Evening

Master

Nick English Bremont Evening

Just thought I’d do a quick write up on the evening with Nick English and Bremont at Ernest Jones Cheapside.
    Nick is a very affable and i’d say a charismatic chap who went through the story of the creation of Bremont and his personal life story which also involved a tragic plane crash.
    I thought his presentation was a powerful message that enthusiasm and courage can work wonders.
    The watches were set out before us and I have to say I was wowed with the LE containing a part of the Wright Brothers Kittyhawk . Really quite Unbelievable .
    I had a chat with Nick about his view of crossover technology particularly with Tag in mind. Nick was very bullish about the draw of mechanical and revealed to me that they did not take up that type of option for the Kingsmen movies.
    I grabbed his card and he was very open to a TZ group viewing the watchmaking facilities at Henley .
    Perhaps we can get something together for the new year if there is enough interest.
    Lastly just a thank you to Ernest Jones. The Cheapside store has gone the WOS route with in-house Watch technicians it certainly is a fine establishment .

Wow - sounds like a good evening - i have just received my first bremont

Would live to be part of a tz evening at henley!

Hope something gets arranged..

Cheers

matt

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Wow - sounds like a good evening - i have just received my first bremont

Would live to be part of a tz evening at henley!

Hope something gets arranged..

Cheers

matt
    Have to say that I think you’ve made a good choice I was very impressed with the quality of product.

Craftsman
    Put me down for a Henley visit for sure.

Master
    I enjoyed meeting Nick & Giles English at a couple of evening events at Jamieson & Carry in Aberdeen. Very engaging with infectious enthusiasm. Sadly, It won’t happen again, Jamieson & Carry stopped stocking Bremont this year. I visited their Royal Exchange boutique last month and now REALLY want a Supermarine S301. The well priced S300 on SC is very tempting but I can’t afford it at the moment.

I discovered my wife tried to arrange a visit to Henley for my 40th in 2015. Unfortunately she never got a reply to the email. I was a bit disappointed, Bremont’s level of customer service is usually excellent.

Dave

Blog Entries
    I would be interested in a visit, having had 3 Bremonts in the past I’m a bit of a fan although non were keepers.

Not owned a Bremont yet, but have come very close several times. I would definitely like to see their factory in Henley as it’s where I was from for the first 26 years of my life.

Sorry for going a bit OT but can someone identify a Bremont from my weak description?

Dark case, dark dial, chrono, hands on sub dials are helicopter blades - the blades at either end of the helicopter are used for 2 sub dials, short production run and may have been a military personnel issue.

Thanks, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by dejjl View Post
    Sorry for going a bit OT but can someone identify a Bremont from my weak description?

Dark case, dark dial, chrono, hands on sub dials are helicopter blades - the blades at either end of the helicopter are used for 2 sub dials, short production run and may have been a military personnel issue.

Thanks, Dave.
    It's all here: http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...r-1-Delivered)

Dave it sounds like the Chinook military one. I can see it in my head!

Perfect - thanks a lot fellas. I suspect my chances of finding one are slim to zero.

Perfect - thanks a lot fellas. I suspect my chances of finding one are slim to zero.
    You'd be wrong! There's one for sale on the website of our very own dual-identity, buy low, sell high, "I'm not a dealer honest guv" ex-member Bigsymo. £6000 and it's been there for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    You'd be wrong! There's one for sale on the website of our very own dual-identity, buy low, sell high, "I'm not a dealer honest guv" ex-member Bigsymo. £6000 and it's been there for ages.
    Thanks, but no thanks!

But Dave, I thought you were in the Camel Corps. Not the AAC .
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    But Dave, I thought you were in the Camel Corps. Not the AAC .
    Happiest with my feet on the ground, Alan. Hope you're well fella.