closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Request for Watch Box Recommendations

Blog Entries

Request for Watch Box Recommendations

Dear Everyone,

I'm looking for a watch box as a gift for a friend. The target criteria are that it should be wood, gloss black lacquer finish, have a glass display top, and have a capacity of 8 to 12 watches. The lining would ideally be something simple, like white, off-white, grey, or black.

My own boxes were bought off the internet and meet exactly those criteria, but it was so long ago that I have no recollection of where they came from.

I understand that I could google away, and will if necessary, but if any of you know of a decent and reliable supplier who sells stuff that matches the criteria, I would value your recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    ..Anyone? I'm sure someone must have acquired a watch box or two in recent history

Journeyman
    Check out the Wolf savoy watchbox.

Axix watch boxes. There is a 10 or 20 set exactly as you describe.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by exarkun12 View Post
    Check out the Wolf savoy watchbox.
    Those look good, and I see they had the good taste to put the Soviet Tractor Era style logo on the back of the box :D

Do you (or does anybody) have one, and if so can you tell me roughly how much shipping they added, and if the box is truly glossy (it's described as piano black)or matte as it appears in their pics?

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Axix watch boxes. There is a 10 or 20 set exactly as you describe.
    Should that be Axis? I found only one box on the Axis site. It's good looking but it doesn't have a display top :(

Thank you both for taking the time to respond. It's appreciated, as would be any further suggestions.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by seffrican View Post
    Those look good, and I see they had the good taste to put the Soviet Tractor Era style logo on the back of the box :D

Do you (or does anybody) have one, and if so can you tell me roughly how much shipping they added, and if the box is truly glossy (it's described as piano black)or matte as it appears in their pics?

Should that be Axis? I found only one box on the Axis site. It's good looking but it doesn't have a display top :(

Thank you both for taking the time to respond. It's appreciated, as would be any further suggestions.

I've seen the Wolf Savoy box before and it is indeed glossy - you can see fingerprints really quickly! :)

I wouldn't purchase direct from Wolf - there are a couple of Wolf dealers who tend to offer it for a lower price. Don't think I'm allowed to name them here. Drop me a PM and I can share those that I know :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by exarkun12 View Post
    I've seen the Wolf Savoy box before and it is indeed glossy - you can see fingerprints really quickly! :)

I wouldn't purchase direct from Wolf - there are a couple of Wolf dealers who tend to offer it for a lower price. Don't think I'm allowed to name them here. Drop me a PM and I can share those that I know :)
    Thanks very much, I guess that puts the Wolf boxes squarely in my sights.

Also, PM sent

Craftsman
    Mele? My one and only watch box... so far. Bought as a gift from the other half. I have had a look at pricier boxes and I'm sure I'll go that way in the near future but as a first box I'm more than happy with it :)

Sorry yes Axis try amazon or eBay they are always there. I have tried Mele they are dreadful quality, cushions that don't fit, poor finish on the sides of the watch box