closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mappin and Webb watches

Mappin and Webb watches

Was in town browsing yesterday during the Newcastle car show and spotted the range of Mappin and Webb watches, one in particular caught my attention. It's cushion shaped with rose gold coloured hands and markers. Having looked online I think it's called the Clarendon. Anyway, tried it on and was very impressed. Nice and weighty and seemed very well finished. The sales girl was next to useless beyond telling me it had a Swiss movement! Just wondered if anyone here has had any experience of them? I assume it's got an ETA 2824 or similar inside but there's not much information on line that I can find. I must say I'm tempted by it as a relatively inexpensive dress watch (£850 is the rrp).

Master
    Blog Entries
    You could try emailing M&W asking them who manufactures their watches? The Clarendon does look rather nice I'll admit.

Journeyman
    Just managed to get this watch in the sale at £250. Now the wait on its arrival.

Master
    Damn! I’ve been trying to buy those all day in blue. Non left apparently. Congratulations lovely looking watch.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Damn! I’ve been trying to buy those all day in blue. Non left apparently. Congratulations lovely looking watch.
    Joe,

Have been trying to get it for 3 days. Been passed around the Boutiques and finally paid for it earlier today. Have now noticed that only the black one is left on the web page.

Just liked the look of it and at that price it’s a no brainer.

Richy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Richy View Post
    Joe,

Have been trying to get it for 3 days. Been passed around the Boutiques and finally paid for it earlier today. Have now noticed that only the black one is left on the web page.

Just liked the look of it and at that price it’s a no brainer.

Richy
    The AD I use is excellent, they checked stock and rang around, etc. I think the round one and the square shouldered version would look great on the light brown leather strap ( the type with the string thread by the spring bats). But alas, none for me.

Great price, well done. If it’s the ETA 6497/98 you can’t buy the mechanism for that.

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    ...Great price, well done. If it’s the ETA 6497/98 you can’t buy the mechanism for that.
    https://www.mappinandwebb.com/Mappin...155/p/17840045

'Our Clarendon collection marries a contemporary 39mm case and modern Swiss self-winding movement...'

Not a 649x...
    ______

​Jim.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    https://www.mappinandwebb.com/Mappin...155/p/17840045

'Our Clarendon collection marries a contemporary 39mm case and modern Swiss self-winding movement...'

Not a 649x...
    Ah, thank you didn’t see it was auto. Even more curious now.