closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 53

Thread: Has anyone got a bracelet with Seth the Watch Dealer?

  1. #1
    Journeyman Richmondmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Hull, UK
    Posts
    153

    Has anyone got a bracelet with Seth the Watch Dealer?

    Apologies for the nooby thread, and I hope I have been patient and reasonable....

    On recommendation from members here at the forum I sent my datejust bracelet to Seth for repinning about three months ago. I knew there would be a backlog, but he communicated well and said it would be a few weeks.

    After 8 weeks had passed I chased it up and he said he was behind and it would be a couple more weeks. I left it another month and chased again, but no reply. I sent another email last week, 14 weeks from it arriving with him and again got no response.

    Now I know it's July, and he might be on holiday, and he has better things to do than answer emails from impatient customers, but after almost four months my patience is being tested! Has anyone else got a bracelet with him or can put my mind at rest?

  2. #2
    Master davida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    1,122
    I sent him a Datejust last week so he's definitely around. Have you tried his mobile?

  3. #3
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Mendips
    Posts
    3,160
    I don't have a bracelet with him yet, but I got very rapid response to my email just a couple of days ago.

  4. #4
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    1,109
    I too have a bracelet in with Seth and I am in pretty much exactly the same situation as the OP. Seth's communication was great to begin with, quoted me a very reasonable price and a turn around of a few weeks.

    He has now had the bracelet for two and a half months and communication is still ok but I have to chase him more than once to get a response.

    I have no doubt that his work is spot on and have seen lots of before and after pics showing some outstanding work but he is maybe becoming a victim of his own success?

    I am prepared to wait ....for now.
    Last edited by Slevin Kelevra; 10th July 2017 at 10:55.

  5. #5
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Newcastle/Edinburgh
    Posts
    601
    Blog Entries
    1
    I sent mine to him earlier in the year, did take longer than planned but happy with them.




  6. #6
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Newcastle/Edinburgh
    Posts
    601
    Blog Entries
    1


    Am wearing the sea dweller today actually


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  7. #7
    The bracelet work is very good, and obviously takes time - just a shame that longer waiting times weren't advised at the beginning, as I'm sure there would still be lots of customers with a 3 month turnaround.
    It's just a matter of time...

  8. #8
    Journeyman Richmondmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Hull, UK
    Posts
    153
    He's been in touch today, very busy (which happens when you're good at what you do) but I agree, communication could be better!

    All done now! http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...44#post4419944
    Last edited by Richmondmike; 14th July 2017 at 16:16.

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Carlton Colville, England
    Posts
    2,229

    Anyone heard??

    Sorry to bump an old thread but has anyone heard from Seth??

    He’s got my wife’s Yachtmaster and the last email was on the 18th December as the watch had been due before that but he said it would be finished by Thursday 21st Dec as he’d been ill but that has come and gone plus I’ve messaged him 3 times with no reply whatsoever and I am now 2 weeks down the line???
    Wouldn’t mind knowing if he’s spoke to anyone else so I at least know he’s about???

    Many thanks in advance !
    Chris

  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    631
    I had an email from him yesterday, so he is working.

  11. #11
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Carlton Colville, England
    Posts
    2,229

    Cheers!

    Quote Originally Posted by db3266 View Post
    I had an email from him yesterday, so he is working.
    Cheers for that!!
    I know he’s in Leigh on Sea but doesn’t accept visitors just needed to know he’s about!

    Chris

  12. #12
    Journeyman Shrimper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dorsetshire
    Posts
    105
    Sent my explorer 2 bracelet to him on 12 November, as yet, have not heard anything....


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

  13. #13
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North
    Posts
    16,045
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
    Sent my explorer 2 bracelet to him on 12 November, as yet, have not heard anything....


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Normal, try not to worry.
    Scant comms and a bit if a wait but the job does get done and well.
    I had one in for 3 plus months and the only comms after receipt was when it was fixed and ready for return.

  14. #14
    Master petethegeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,210
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Normal, try not to worry.
    Scant comms and a bit if a wait but the job does get done and well.
    I had one in for 3 plus months and the only comms after receipt was when it was fixed and ready for return.
    Funnily enough, it was your previous posts on the matter which finally decided me to send my 25+ year old Jubilee bracelet off with the attitude that it will come back if and when it's ready. I posted it a couple of months ago and I'll maybe start worrying in another couple of months. In the meantime I haven't heard a peep, but I'm taking advantage of the freedom to try out the DJ on a variety of different straps.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by subchris View Post
    Cheers for that!!
    I know he’s in Leigh on Sea but doesn’t accept visitors just needed to know he’s about!

    Chris
    Notice they’ve ‘illegally’ hidden website registrants address.

  16. #16
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Notice they’ve ‘illegally’ hidden website registrants address.
    How is it illegal ? The guy has a strict security policy in place. Its a sensible thing to do .

  17. #17
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    London/Surrey - UK
    Posts
    277
    Tell me more about Seth - from the above, am I right that he is able to fix/restructure a Rolex bracelet that has stretched/become loose?

    If so, how do I contact him please? My wife's bracelet needs sorting, and hopefully this could be the answer!

    Thanks

  18. #18
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Carlton Colville, England
    Posts
    2,229

    Today!!

    Alls great my end as I was contacted by Seth by email and phone plus he sent pictures and my watch or my wife’s watch should be here today!!
    I will post pictures as I will be listing the watch for sale anyway!!

    Can’t wait to see his work!!

    Chris

  19. #19
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North
    Posts
    16,045
    Blog Entries
    2
    Contact page on thewatchdealer website.

  20. #20
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    London/Surrey - UK
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Contact page on thewatchdealer website.
    Thanks - searched and sorted - sending him pics tonight to see if do'able. Thanks guys

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomaitch View Post
    How is it illegal ? The guy has a strict security policy in place. Its a sensible thing to do .
    Not sure if breaking any law, that's why I used quotation marks but is is breaking Nominet WHOIS rules - businesses are not permitted to opt out of displaying Registrants address.

    No, not ideal for security but those are the rules. https://nominet-prod.s3.amazonaws.co...IS-Opt-Out.pdf

  22. #22
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    329
    Mine was sent to him at the beginning of November. I had an email from him yesterday to say mine should get to the top of the pile towards the end of next week.

  23. #23
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Carlton Colville, England
    Posts
    2,229

    Got the Yachtmaster back last week

    Had the watch back last week and even sent it back to Seth and he sent it back again all by Tuesday last week!!
    Watch has been sold now and I even left another watch with him!!

    Worth the wait and I will be sending in my old mans AirKing plus my Brother in laws Datejust for a service!!
    Bracelet and bezel came back great on the Yachtmaster and the price was right!!!
    Seth might be a little optimistic with his proposed dates for work being finished but that’s only due to everyone going to him for the bracelets etc now!! As others have said he’s a victim of his own success plus the fact that no one other than Rolex offer these service pretty much in the U.K. ??

    I for one am using him from now on just going to expect it back when it comes back!

    Chris

  24. #24
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Not sure if breaking any law, that's why I used quotation marks but is is breaking Nominet WHOIS rules - businesses are not permitted to opt out of displaying Registrants address.

    No, not ideal for security but those are the rules. https://nominet-prod.s3.amazonaws.co...IS-Opt-Out.pdf
    Can't say i blame him looking at what he has on premises. It is not law so why be concerned? Surely his security here is more important?

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    Can't say i blame him looking at what he has on premises. It is not law so why be concerned? Surely his security here is more important?
    What about the protection of consumers? These regulations exist for a reason - unscrupulous businesses shouldn’t be allowed to ‘hide’ on the internet. What if there was a dispute and you needed to serve papers etc. on him?

    Note I am not suggesting the business here is unscrupulous, just making a general point.

  26. #26
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    703
    Then don't use him. I think his safety is more important than your consumer worries.

  27. #27
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI USA
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    What about the protection of consumers? These regulations exist for a reason - unscrupulous businesses shouldn’t be allowed to ‘hide’ on the internet. What if there was a dispute and you needed to serve papers etc. on him?

    Note I am not suggesting the business here is unscrupulous, just making a general point.
    It's amazing - you don't HAVE to do business with firms who operate in a manner which you don't like. Novel I know. Complaining on the internet makes much more sense, so definitely keep it up.

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
    It's amazing - you don't HAVE to do business with firms who operate in a manner which you don't like. Novel I know. Complaining on the internet makes much more sense, so definitely keep it up.
    Glad you're amazed.

  29. #29
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI USA
    Posts
    2,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Glad you're amazed.
    I'm glad you're concerned.

  30. #30
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    282

    Has anyone got a bracelet with Seth the Watch Dealer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Richmondmike View Post
    Apologies for the nooby thread, and I hope I have been patient and reasonable....

    On recommendation from members here at the forum I sent my datejust bracelet to Seth for repinning about three months ago. I knew there would be a backlog, but he communicated well and said it would be a few weeks.

    After 8 weeks had passed I chased it up and he said he was behind and it would be a couple more weeks. I left it another month and chased again, but no reply. I sent another email last week, 14 weeks from it arriving with him and again got no response.

    Now I know it's July, and he might be on holiday, and he has better things to do than answer emails from impatient customers, but after almost four months my patience is being tested! Has anyone else got a bracelet with him or can put my mind at rest?
    Disregard.

    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by cnjm1; 22nd January 2018 at 19:36.

  31. #31
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    sunny yorkshire
    Posts
    2,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    Then don't use him. I think his safety is more important than your consumer worries.
    I second that

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  32. #32
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    4
    I'm also getting very worried about my Seadweller bracelet that Seth has.

    I sent it at the beginning of August, and Seth confirmed receipt. Repair time was quoted at 4 weeks.

    I did get a "not yet" reply to an email in October, but since then no replies to any emails. It is now 5 months and I'm starting to get concerned that I'll ever see my bracelet again - and I'm a bit bored of not being able to wear my watch for so long.

    Do I need to start to worry yet? 5 months and no communications has me concerned.

  33. #33
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    23,016
    Same here, and longer. Much longer. To be fair I haven’t done any chasing either.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  34. #34
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    4
    :(

    A while ago I emailed asking for him to just send it back, unrepaired. No answer - no return, nothing.

    I won't be happy if I am going to have to buy a new one.

  35. #35
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    London/Surrey - UK
    Posts
    277
    He took a long time with mine - but it came back.

  36. #36
    Master huytonman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    oxfordshire
    Posts
    2,522
    Gents, its his way, I had exactly the same experience and after a long delay the bracelet came back - phoned, emailed etc and eventually it appeared. You could always try Michael Young who is more pricey and also takes a long time with the added possible issue of duty etc on return - not many options out there and Seth seems a nice enough bloke if overworked and less organized than some would prefer e.e. me.
    Keith

  37. #37
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    sunny yorkshire
    Posts
    2,921
    He always gets it back to you. Had a fair bits of mine he is a busy chap!! But they always come back

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  38. #38
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    2,118
    Yep 100% solid and very good, just busy, don’t worry.

  39. #39
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lincs
    Posts
    839
    Sent a bracelet to him 17 aug. Emailed him a couple of months later with no response, I had read this thread previously so was not unduly concerned. Forward to a week ago and phoned him. He said that he was behind with his workload but would have it done soon. He seemed a genuine guy to me and took him at face value. I'm sure all is ok and he is just inundated, a victim of his own success perhaps.

  40. #40
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    4
    bobc,

    Thank you. I'll keep waiting... :)

  41. #41
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    19,690
    I think too many of you rely solely on e-mail thesedays. I get all sorts of junk e-mail and it's all too easy to miss something important. Also, some e-mails get sent to the junk folder for no good reason.

    If e-mail gets no response pick up the phone and ring up!..........it's what I do and its surprisingly effective.

    I`ve never dealt with Seth but I would have no hesitation if I needed a Rolex bracelet restoring, even if it meant waiting 6 months.

  42. #42
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    London/Surrey - UK
    Posts
    277
    I really wouldn’t worry. As above , he does take a long time, but does a superb job - and seems totally trustworthy. I guess you can’t rush perfection!

  43. #43
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Carlton Colville, England
    Posts
    2,229

    Jan

    As per my post above in the thread I left another watch with Seth in Jan and only got it back 2 weeks ago!!!!
    That’s a long time but he did Lee speaking to me and it wasn’t an easy job so I stuck with it and he sends me the watches back before I pay so not bad really!!!

    The finished product so far has been top notch and if you then look at the price it’s so worth it?!!?!
    I waited 10months for the last one and will use him again which should tell you something!!
    I haven’t had to wait that long for run of the mill models that need run of the mill work!!!

    Chris

    - - - Updated - - -

    As per my post above in the thread I left another watch with Seth in Jan and only got it back 2 weeks ago!!!!
    That’s a long time but he did Lee speaking to me and it wasn’t an easy job so I stuck with it and he sends me the watches back before I pay so not bad really!!!

    The finished product so far has been top notch and if you then look at the price it’s so worth it?!!?!
    I waited 10months for the last one and will use him again which should tell you something!!
    I haven’t had to wait that long for run of the mill models that need run of the mill work!!!

    Chris

  44. #44
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by apotts View Post
    :(

    A while ago I emailed asking for him to just send it back, unrepaired. No answer - no return, nothing.

    I won't be happy if I am going to have to buy a new one.


    Just got the bracelet back.

    Apologies to Seth for raising doubt here - it really is just a case of waiting and relaxing. I am not sure what kind of voodoo magic he has performed on it, but it is almost like new. Very satisfied, and very happy to have my watch back in use.

  45. #45
    Master davida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Stockport
    Posts
    1,122
    Quote Originally Posted by apotts View Post


    Just got the bracelet back.

    Apologies to Seth for raising doubt here - it really is just a case of waiting and relaxing. I am not sure what kind of voodoo magic he has performed on it, but it is almost like new. Very satisfied, and very happy to have my watch back in use.
    Thanks for the update.

  46. #46
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    69
    Just to say Seth really is one of the good guys. Seth has serviced many watches for me, and repinned a number of bracelets. Sometimes they come back in 2 weeks, some times they have taken over a year...

    Communication can be spotty at times... however at this stage it’s what I expect and don’t worry too much about it. It can have its benefits however... On more than one occasion he has taken months to invoice me for a watch he has already returned!

    Also, as it dosnt seem to be mentioned I think Seth’s polishing is fantastic (especially when it comes to Rolex) I know he has spent a lot of time and money investing in proper equipment and honing his craft!

  47. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    28
    Hi All,

    New member here but have been reading this forum a lot lately.

    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but i've been trying to get hold of The Watch Dealer/Seth via his website for a week now. I've written to him and also left a message last week, but heard nothing.

    Wondering if he'd be ok with me sending the bracelet (an Oysterdate 6694 riveted bracelet, slight stretch) to him for a quote? the only issue is ig he takes six months to do just that would be annoying.

    Has anyone heard from him recently? Is he on holiday? Nobody picks up the phone - tried calling everyday for over a week now.

  48. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassette View Post
    Hi All,

    New member here but have been reading this forum a lot lately.

    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but i've been trying to get hold of The Watch Dealer/Seth via his website for a week now. I've written to him and also left a message last week, but heard nothing.

    Wondering if he'd be ok with me sending the bracelet (an Oysterdate 6694 riveted bracelet, slight stretch) to him for a quote? the only issue is ig he takes six months to do just that would be annoying.

    Has anyone heard from him recently? Is he on holiday? Nobody picks up the phone - tried calling everyday for over a week now.
    I wouldn't send to Seth without speaking to him first. He is generally very good but very busy - so best to discuss and see what turn-a-round times are, and then (for your own peace of mind) mentally double it ;) At least then if it comes back earlier you can be happy :)
    It's just a matter of time...

  49. #49
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    sunny yorkshire
    Posts
    2,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I wouldn't send to Seth without speaking to him first. He is generally very good but very busy - so best to discuss and see what turn-a-round times are, and then (for your own peace of mind) mentally double it ;) At least then if it comes back earlier you can be happy :)
    I agree may be triple it

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  50. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    28
    Thanks guys will keep trying.

    I also have a jubilee that could do with some magic. Hopefully he gets back to me....sounds like a very busy chap!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information