closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Schofield-Bath time?

Schofield-Bath time?

Good morning

I have been offered a Schofield Signalman for £2,500. I really like the design and the brand.

I would value opinions on resale should I decide to sell as they rarely appear second hand so there isn't really any precedence with this model.

Many thanks

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Take retail price, half it and pay less than that.

If you like it, just buy it at a level you are comfortable with.

It's got to be cheaper than £2,500 if you want to sell on at some point. The one you've shown has been on Ebay for a while, and the last couple that have been on sale on Watchuseek (in 2015) haven't been marked as sold. Just how much cheaper is difficult to say, but the market for this watch is very limited.

Thank you very much for your responses.

Being a four year old watch it will need a new strap ( not cheap ) and service at some point I didn't really want to spend more than £2000 and from your responses £1,500-1,750 is probably closer to the mark.

Lammylee

Quote Originally Posted by Lammylee View Post
    Thank you very much for your responses.

Being a four year old watch it will need a new strap ( not cheap ) and service at some point I didn't really want to spend more than £2000 and from your responses £1,500-1,750 is probably closer to the mark.

Lammylee
    I would agree about 1800-2000 is about fair depending on quality.

Unfortunately, with these expensive micro brands you have to expect to take a bath if you move it on so only buy if you really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m going to buck the trend and say that the asking price doesn’t seem too bad to me. At Christmas I picked up a pre owned DLC version for a little over £3k. Probably paid slightly over its value but mine came from Giles at Schofield so it had a warranty and Giles provided a new strap.
    What I can say from my experience is that you will struggle to find a better finished watch for £2.5k, and it comes from someone with a genuine passion for watchmaking. I don’t think you would lose too much on resale, but you may have to wait a bit for the right buyer to come along.

Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    I’m going to buck the trend and say that the asking price doesn’t seem too bad to me. At Christmas I picked up a pre owned DLC version for a little over £3k. Probably paid slightly over its value but mine came from Giles at Schofield so it had a warranty and Giles provided a new strap.
    What I can say from my experience is that you will struggle to find a better finished watch for £2.5k, and it comes from someone with a genuine passion for watchmaking. I don’t think you would lose too much on resale, but you may have to wait a bit for the right buyer to come along.
    Well I will soon be joining you in The Schofield Club, hopefully here for The Friday Thread