closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Snowdon -And yes-Too Hot!

Snowdon -And yes-Too Hot!

I walked up Snowdon on Saturday: I had intended to do this in the company of a friend from work, who is training for the 3 peaks. We never managed to get our shifts to combine however, or the weather was too poor!
    So muggins went up alone, and it was, for soft old me anyway, too hot for climbing the Pyg track

[QUOTE]This is the most rugged and challenging of the six paths up Snowdon,/QUOTE]

Took me over 3 hours, got through 2 litres of water, wish I had more. However, I had too much in the back pack anyway-too heavy!

The Miners track splits off from the Pyg track and goes down to the lakes below.

Love the Pyg track

But way too hot as you say this week

I've failed to get up Tryfan twice in the past as both times it was a bit like this weather, It's very rocky from the valley and no good in the rain either for that reason, I'll get up it one day

regards

Tim

BT, DT.

Lovely to be reminded of the views along the way, I never took a camera as the weather was awful setting off but needless to say it turned into a glorious day after the first half hour and remained so for the descent too.

Sooner than carry all my water in the rucksack I elected to drink it all first, but my self-congratulations on such a smart move disappeared rapidly after the first hour...

Beautiful part of our country, but it can be a Pyg of a climb. ;-)

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman
    I did the same last June on a ridiculously hot June day on the Grib Goch route. It was fabulous but took me days to recover.

Lucky to catch a bit of misty cloud along the arête to cool thing off a little without ruining too much of the view.

Crib Goch was just too exposed the day I went, the heat was intense as it was was lower down. Didnt want to risk a fall. Someone was killed not so long ago on Tal-y-Fan.....