Got the call SD 50 is in

Well in 30 mins I will find out if I like it or not

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Me too. Tell more as soon as you can!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Tick, tock, tick, tock

Master
    Interesting! Someone posted yesterday that they had one on its way. I wonder if this is the second wave; I had a look at one my local AD had for someone a few weeks back. It would be interesting to hear what dealers are saying about supply.

Fabulous news. I think they look great :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Interesting! Someone posted yesterday that they had one on its way. I wonder if this is the second wave; I had a look at one my local AD had for someone a few weeks back. It would be interesting to hear what dealers are saying about supply.
    Yes, second batch.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    A bit like Gremlins!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    That'll be me.... I can't get to the AD for mine until saturday, so they're keeping it safe for me.
    Just contemplating what to do with my SubC date now, are they too similar to have both ? It might not of been so bad if it was a no date, but they'll both look very similar with the cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by boundary546 View Post
    That'll be me.... I can't get to the AD for mine until saturday, so they're keeping it safe for me.
    Just contemplating what to do with my SubC date now, are they too similar to have both ? It might not of been so bad if it was a no date, but they'll both look very similar with the cyclops
    Is that David M Robinson or the other lot around the corner opposite John Lewis. I am supposedly on their Daytona list, but most of the assistants seem to struggle with basic English when asked a direct question.

I hope that bezel's not clicked at 12!

Cheers,
    Gary

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegary View Post

Cheers,
    Gary
    Me too.😉

Well no question I liked it once on. I prefer no cyclops, but I find the date to hard to read on the SD4 so this one may well be going now I have the new one.

Love the weight and looking feels heavier, but no larger than the Explorer 2 I have.

All in all very happy with the chioice.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boundary546 View Post
    I'd need to see them side by side but (as others have probably said already) the lack of cyclops was a really easy-to-spot distinguishing feature. I only had a quick play but immediate impression was that it was disproportionately "flat". I'd love to see some side by side photos with your SubC if you feel the urge.

Master
    Yes, second batch.
    Might have a wander to the local AD and have another look. Was there any word about the SS Skydwellers?

Craftsman
    Wonder if I'll get the call too. More seem to be appearing but I guess ADs here are paying favouritism

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Intending to have the SD50/SD4000 and my new DSSD Blue on my wrist tomorrow evening to decide whuch stays/goes out of that lot....

First world choice huh?!

Quote Originally Posted by BadBoyR View Post
    Wonder if I'll get the call too. More seem to be appearing but I guess ADs here are paying favouritism

I have been on the list since March and I think there is a degree of that, my AD told me that names were short listed off the "list" and then selected by the manager.

My wife purchased a Lady Date just last Jan so I am a little hopeful of getting one in the not too distant based on this latest batch.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegary View Post

Cheers,
    Gary
    Nah, it's just one click on...they have 120 clicks for a full rev.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Intending to have the SD50/SD4000 and my new DSSD Blue on my wrist tomorrow evening to decide whuch stays/goes out of that lot....

First world choice huh?!
    That's a real nice position to be in

Master
    Does anyone know if it will be a "big" batch? I am told that I am 6th on list, should I be optimistic for a quick result?

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Does anyone know if it will be a "big" batch? I am told that I am 6th on list, should I be optimistic for a quick result?

+1 good question but I suspect all answers will be hearsay.

Just noticed from the picture that I did not get the bezel protector, then realized the hang tags. Spoke to Goldsmiths and it is now company policy. Piss me of a little, but wont lose to much sleep.

Rich

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ^^^Funny, I got all the bits from them with my new Daytona of three weeks ago.

Craftsman

Picking mine up too

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavham View Post
    Just noticed from the picture that I did not get the bezel protector, then realized the hang tags. Spoke to Goldsmiths and it is now company policy. Piss me of a little, but wont lose to much sleep.

Rich
    I would chase them on this, to be honest.

Master

Rich
    Thats not a "full set" tho i would be p*ssed. But I guess most shops are adopting this now.

Craftsman

Rich
    What did you not get, bezel protector and both hang tags?

Master
    They seem to be appearing in numbers if this thread is anything to go by!

My AD said numbers would be very small - sounded moreso that the steel Daytona, bizarrely.

Master
    how much sucking up do you have to do to get a call - ive tried numerous ads with no luck and a variety of independants who are all telling me the book is closed :(

Master
    I think as said before that having previously purchased from an AD helps.
    In NI there is now only one AD where previously there were two or perhaps three. Am unsure why the others lost their franchise.

So the problem with goldsmiths in reading all the people are new and following the rules re bezel protector and hang tags and it goes on the grey market they will get fired. Now I know we have heard it all before. However, my chap called and said he will get me the bezel protector which is what I am bothered about as I always keep it on the watch in my watch box. The hang tags, really I don't care, but that's me.

Craftsman
    So the problem with goldsmiths in reading all the people are new and following the rules re bezel protector and hang tags and it goes on the grey market they will get fired. Now I know we have heard it all before. However, my chap called and said he will get me the bezel protector which is what I am bothered about as I always keep it on the watch in my watch box. The hang tags, really I don't care, but that's me.
    Really!, stickers and bezel protector fair enough. But hang tags yes!

Craftsman
    With all this happening if you do end up with a full set what will this do to its future collectible value
    I was recently looking for a Pepsi and a few of the full sets I looked at were over 10k

Can't believe a staff member would be fired if the watch turned up on the grey market. It's not as if the shop can stop you selling once you have paid and left the shop.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    Can't believe a staff member would be fired if the watch turned up on the grey market. It's not as if the shop can stop you selling once you have paid and left the shop.

Exactly.

If I were buying new I would want everything that came with the watch,its just part of the whole experience.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyhayward View Post

Picking mine up too

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Well, how is it?

Master
    Blog Entries
    For those worried about the call, or how to source one I honestly think by the end of the year these will be as available as a sub. You may need to search, but that holds true for a sub too, but let's be honest, the first few batches are always in demand like all new issue Rolex. However, this isn't a Daytona, it's large and expensive, for the masses they will continue to buy a sub, just like they did when faced with the old model. Look at the greys, the premium is dropping quite quickly, as more and more come on the market this will accelerate. Everyone who wants one should be able to get one, that's my prediction anyway.

Craftsman
    Well, how is it?

Really like it ! The bracelet is very comfortable, I had the divers extension removed and it wears really well. The narrower lugs suit it and it doesn't look any larger than my sub c to me when I am wearing it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ^^^^looking very good.👍

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    how much sucking up do you have to do to get a call - ive tried numerous ads with no luck and a variety of independants who are all telling me the book is closed :(
    Try buying two or three watches first!

Master

Really like it ! The bracelet is very comfortable, I had the divers extension removed and it wears really well. The narrower lugs suit it and it doesn't look any larger than my sub c to me when I am wearing it.
    It does look markedly bigger than the GMT. Would you say that it wears bigger?

Craftsman
    It does look markedly bigger than the GMT. Would you say that it wears bigger?

It's does wear larger but to be honest not massively so. It is obviously thicker than the BLNR but doesn't feel like the DSSD. I also don't mind the cyclops !

Master
    Thanks. I am on my local list and fx that I get one soon. Health to enjoy yours.

View of the demo model on my 8 inch wrist.

Try buying two or three watches first!
    Is it really that bad?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcam View Post
    Is it really that bad?

No, it is nice buying those pieces!

Nice watch.Wish someone would drop the cyclops off and lets see what it should have been like

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    Nice watch.Wish someone would drop the cyclops off and lets see what it should have been like
    In advance of Basel 2017 this was the prediction, blue writing, blue minute markers and no cyclops.

A missed opportunity?

Journeyman

Looks sizeably bigger than the BLNR !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk