closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Service by Duncan

Master

Rolex Service by Duncan

Can anyone give my the contact details for the independant watchmaker by the name of Duncan please.
    Thank you guys my Explorer II is stoping now within 2 hours of removal from wrist.
    And it requires a new glass..........

It's either Duncan @ Genesis: http://www.genesiswatchmaking.co.uk/

Or forum member "Thewatchbloke" who also does watch repair

Hope this helps

Thanks

Mark

Master
    Thank you mark.

A vote for Duncan @ Genesis. He recently regulated my Exp II polar (service history unknown) which was gaining around 12 secs a day. Checked today and its gained 7 secs in 3 weeks. He has also serviced my vintage '69 Speedy.

Master
    I use independent repairers, and have been pleased with the results. But I wonder with Rolex; it costs more, but an authorised repair from Rolex adds a two year guarantee and make the watch worth more if you sell.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    I use independent repairers, and have been pleased with the results. But I wonder with Rolex; it costs more, but an authorised repair from Rolex adds a two year guarantee and make the watch worth more if you sell.
    Duncan at Genesis provides a two-year guarantee.

Apprentice
    Good luck getting your watch to him though. I tried to use him and he will not let you deliver the watch and will only let you post to a PO Box. As the watch value was over 2.5k (the max for RMSD) I could not find a way to post the watch with it fully insured. Had to go elsewhere!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
    Good luck getting your watch to him though. I tried to use him and he will not let you deliver the watch and will only let you post to a PO Box. As the watch value was over 2.5k (the max for RMSD) I could not find a way to post the watch with it fully insured. Had to go elsewhere!
    Really?, thought Duncan has a business address?

Master
    I used Duncan 'Thewatchbloke' for my Exp II and couldn't be happier, it's my black dial that appeared in his New Years post but he does quite a few so knows what he is doing. I have used both Duncan's and both are excellent so take your pick.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Really?, thought Duncan has a business address?
    He does not disclose the business address, for fear of robbery I suppose. Like I say, he insisted I post to a PO Box when I contacted him. That was back in summer 2016, he may have changed his tactics now. Let us know how you get on. Cheers

Master
    I recently sent a watch to Duncan at Genesis. Yes it's a PO box but that makes no difference. I insured via Parcel Pro as it was over £2.5k

Master
    Ive used genesis a number of times and had no issues and great service every time

Rolex Service by Duncan

I'd recommend both Duncans. Service and comms with both have been excellent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Schofie View Post
    I recently sent a watch to Duncan at Genesis. Yes it's a PO box but that makes no difference. I insured via Parcel Pro as it was over £2.5k
    I'm sure I've read Parcel Pro have now pulled the plug on insuring for individuals. They only cater for business's now AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by Fletcher View Post
    I'm sure I've read Parcel Pro have now pulled the plug on insuring for individuals. They only cater for business's now AFAIK.
    MBE is the new Parcel Pro.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    MBE is the new Parcel Pro.
    Looks interesting. Not seen that before, cheers

Apprentice

Duncan contact

Good day.

I had a Rolex Oyster Datejust 16233 refurbished earlier this month by Duncan at Genesis Watchmaking.

You will not be disappointed. A genuine craftsman.

Tamtoot.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    My Seamaster Bond was fully overhauled by Duncan last year. Runs at around +1 seconds per week. Superb job he did!

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Duncan Potter at Genesis is Rolex authorised, so it's the same as having the watch sorted by Rolex. I would much rather use Duncan though. He does a superb job, as you would expect for someone officially authorised by Rolex to service their watches, but more importantly he will do only what you want him to do to a watch. A friend sent his Rolex into St James's for a service, with the condition that they don't touch the case or bracelet. They returned it having lapped the case back to as-new. I want my Explorer 2 to retain all its patina, when it's due a service it's going straight to Duncan. He's sorted two other Rolexes for me already (as well as a Speedy, Autavia and possibly one or two more!) and I can't recommend him highly enough.
    "A man of little significance"

Duncan at genesis did me speedies and mum's tudor a while back. Great service and great work .

Only good things to say about him. His work was great .

Duncan all the way.

He is the real deal, you will get nothing but the best.

Plus images of his work.

Has he serviced a submariner for anybody He won't touch my 16613 and told me to send to Rolex through a high street establishment .

Craftsman
    Duncan fixed a broken main spring and polished the lugs on my Heuer Carrera. It came back literally looking and working as new with sharpness of the case retained. Delighted.

He refurbished a 116613 bracelet for me. Stunning work.

+1 here, Duncan did an outstanding job on an Omega SMP chrono for me last year.

Top class work at real world prices.