closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Incoming Mondani Steel Book

Cool Incoming Mondani Steel Book

Been contemplating on purchasing Mondani books for awhile now as I've not been able to see the contents and also they're not cheap either. Decided to bite the bullet with my first copy of the 'Steel Rolex' and I'm happy to say I'm pretty pleased with the amount of images and information that's been gathered. It's well sized especially for a coffee table book and the print is sharp and the colours are vibrant.

Definitely learnt a lot from it as I've not seen so many unusual vintage rolex, captured in detail. This issue has also included models from Baselworld 2016 and the usual current models as well. I particularly liked the write up on military rolexes and seeing different engravings on the back cover. From a book design stand point, it is well laid out and has enough variance in the layout to keep your interest going. It breaks down the monotony by introducing facts, stories, collage of photos and detailed shots.
    I'm not a WIS so I do find some information a bit much for casual reading but I suppose that's good for some. I just enjoyed drooling over the photos instead.

Overall I'm pleased and worth saving up for. I'll be looking forward to other Mondani books especially the Sub and GMT Master editions.

As usual the obligitory photos.

Looks like the Home Office Border force is pretty keen to see what's in the box. Never had a package inspected before and this is a first for me. There're couple of knocks and tear on the side packaging but it seemed pretty robust and wasn't worried for any damages.

Package is very well packed with padding all around, top, sides and bottom. The book is also protected by a cardboard slip.

The Steel edition comes with free Tshirt, a nice gesture.

Mondani included a few other bits as well. A Steel Rolex price guide, Mondani collection of Vintage Rolex, a large A2 catalogue foldout and the membership card. (I got to read up to see what the perks are)

Without the sleeve cover

A peek into some of the contents.

Good write up. The Mondani books have intrigued me for a while so a peek inside was good to see. Thanks!

These are quite expensive books though!

Craftsman
    Lovely books very well presented , the prices are a bit much though.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I have the original limited edition Steel Book and its a beast!!! Incredibly its not just rolex that goes up in price but the book as well!!

I bought it at 650 euros or so and now its sold for https://mondanibooks.com/prod/books/...mited-edition/ 1600!!!
    Last edited by kaiserphoenix; 15th June 2017 at 09:37.

The Mondani books are superb. I have, let's say, preview copies of one or two of them and they're not only beautiful books in themselves, but definitive reference works on vintage watches. They're far too expensive for me, but I imagine invaluable for vintage Rolex dealers and collectors.