closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tell me about G-Shock strap options

Tell me about G-Shock strap options

I've found recently that I only wear my G-9100 Gulfman when strictly necessary (i.e. when involved in things where tide position is needed). I think it's down to the factory strap #10270946, which I find to be somewhat uncomfortable compared to, say, my trusty old DW-9051.

As you can see, the Gulfman (top) has deeper, erm, "wobbly bits" near the watch head, and comes out of the lugs at a fierce angle of attack.

So... what are the options? I've seen some great looking strap (and indeed bracelet) set-ups on G-Shocks here, but I know very little about them.

School me, please

Jays and Kays, either eBay or Amazon, adapters which allow either Nato/Zulu 1 piece and even 2 piece now with spring bars, very good and you can then add some of the best Natos sold by Eddie for a very comfortable fit.

Quote Originally Posted by simonsev View Post
    Jays and Kays, either eBay or Amazon, adapters which allow either Nato/Zulu 1 piece and even 2 piece now with spring bars, very good and you can then add some of the best Natos sold by Eddie for a very comfortable fit.
    Exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you!

Banned
    I am receiving a Casio GW-5000 in the post tomorrow and find rubber straps till long for my 5.75" wrists so I'd like to know too if there's somewhere for straps designed for g shocks .

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you!
    they really are good, currently using them on a GW-M5610, GW6900 and the Rangeman, the ability to now use a two piece Nato makes for a comfortable fit on any G for me now so will be interested to hear how you find them if you try a set.
    Last edited by simonsev; 4th June 2017 at 13:10.

I use a combi bracelet on my GW 5600 bought it from UK based tiktox for about £50 well worth it as its very comfortable. Tried the NATO adapters and strap but they dug in on my 7.5" wrists looked very odd and were very uncomfortable.

There's a few suppliers of the NATO adapters discussed here,

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-NATO-adapters

Quote Originally Posted by GS Overland View Post
    I use a combi bracelet on my GW 5600 bought it from UK based tiktox for about £50 well worth it as its very comfortable. Tried the NATO adapters and strap but they dug in on my 7.5" wrists looked very odd and were very uncomfortable.
    this ... although i sourced my bracelet by buying a used 5610 BC and swapping then selling the other watch on. way cheaper.