closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recommendations for Diver watch under £1000

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Lovely. Mines a black dial and doesn't quite have the pizazz of the blue but I still love it. Only criticism is the crown is a pain in behind to use as it's so deeply set in the case.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

My top diver picks around a grand (pre-owned) are the MM300, U1T and Bond Seamaster. I think all of these have been mentioned. They all have their positives and negatives but overall out of the the 3, the MM300 stands our for me because it punches way above it's weight. The quality of the finishing and movement for me has it beyond an ETA Black Bay and a close call versus, say, a pre-ceramic Sub.

You don't need to spend a grand on a great diver though, especially if you have something else you'd rather save for because things like the Oris TT1, and any number of Seiko divers (SKX, Turtles, Sumo's) are all really excellent kick about watches. My pick from this crop is a Sumo. That's also a lot of dependable and stylish diver for the money.

I've only spoken here about watches I actually have owned on a long term basis. All bar the Seamaster are still with me actually. If I was to sell all of these divers though, the MM300 would be the very last to go...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by fordy964 View Post
    My top diver picks around a grand (pre-owned) are the MM300, U1T and Bond Seamaster. I think all of these have been mentioned. They all have their positives and negatives but overall out of the the 3, the MM300 stands our for me because it punches way above it's weight. The quality of the finishing and movement for me has it beyond an ETA Black Bay and a close call versus, say, a pre-ceramic Sub.

You don't need to spend a grand on a great diver though, especially if you have something else you'd rather save for because things like the Oris TT1, and any number of Seiko divers (SKX, Turtles, Sumo's) are all really excellent kick about watches. My pick from this crop is a Sumo. That's also a lot of dependable and stylish diver for the money.

I've only spoken here about watches I actually have owned on a long term basis. All bar the Seamaster are still with me actually. If I was to sell all of these divers though, the MM300 would be the very last to go...
    Had been offered a MM300 but Wasn't too keen on the brass case.

Going with Steinhart made my mind up but def gonna look into Sinn a bit more in a few months or so

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fordy964 View Post

Going with Steinhart made my mind up but def gonna look into Sinn a bit more in a few months or so

Quote Originally Posted by jamestmusic View Post
    Uh?

I don't know if we've mentioned a Seiko Tuna, for example the SSBN031:

Bought from Japan that's, what, just over a grand landed.

Seiko 6105 but no water…….

Can I ask what the bracelet is on this, it looks absolutely perfect for this watch.

Quote Originally Posted by RS404 View Post
    Can I ask what the bracelet is on this, it looks absolutely perfect for this watch.
    It's a watch gecko multi link.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    Uh?
    Sorry it was gold. Replied whilst at work clearly wasn't paying much attention

Sorry it was gold. Replied whilst at work clearly wasn't paying much attention
    Oh, I get you now. Yes, there is a version of the MM300 (both gens) with gold accents, but the normal ones don't have them. This is a MM300 SBDX017:

Recommendations for Diver watch under £1000

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    Seiko 6105 but no water…….
    No water indeed!

This cost slightly more but you can find them for within budget. Really enjoyed my MM300 but a 6105 has the edge (for me at least).

Master
    It's a watch gecko multi link.

I really like that bracelet also. Do you have a link to somewhere that sells them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    I really like that bracelet also. Do you have a link to somewhere that sells them?
    Ah thanks, I've got a couple of other bits from them. Here's the link https://www.watchgecko.com/

The clue was in the "i got it from watch gecko"

https://www.watchgecko.com/geckota-solid-mesh.php

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bitfield View Post
    Oh, I get you now. Yes, there is a version of the MM300 (both gens) with gold accents, but the normal ones don't have them. This is a MM300 SBDX017:

Check SC as it was posted on there after I was messaged. Looks different to the one you have posted

Master
    Thank you.

Craftsman
    Nabbed an Ocean One green for £220! Box and papers great condition pretty happy with that!

Apprentice

How about one of those then?

Apprentice
    Nabbed an Ocean One green for £220! Box and papers great condition pretty happy with that!
    Funny enough I comment under you with the pic of the watch you are getting without knowing you commented above

I'm fairly new to Squale, but have to say, think they're right on the money for a sub £1k watch with enough to spare for a few nice alternative straps or a mesh.

Craftsman
    Edit - Seller withdrew
    Last edited by jamestmusic; 15th June 2017 at 23:01.

Apprentice

Divers

The eterna kontiki would be that sort of level secondhand

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/wp-conte...3-watch-26.jpg

But I quite fancy one of these Russian jobs on ebay- £70 odd!

Russian diver watch VOSTOK AMPHIBIAN AMPHIBIA-695 b http://r.ebay.com/lC0IO8