closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thanks to Eddie -PRS9

Thanks to Eddie -PRS9

I'm a long term watch lover. Over 35 years I've followed the well worn path of mainstream brands and then micro brands as my experience of watches expanded.
    Occasionally I, more by luck than judgment, stumbled on something special which I really appreciated for what it was and not what it represented.
    A few years ago I bought a PRS9 and kept it for a few months and sold it. I missed it but it was no longer produced so I said to myself if s good one came up I'd get another.
    One did on SC which I've had for a few weeks now and it's individuality and look has really astonished me.
    The detail you can see is amazing: the crystal, the case shape, the flared long lugs, the dial small seconds and hands; the luminescence and the size are all just great for me and then there's the knowledge of the period hand-wound movement ticking away unseen.
    For me a lot of boxes are ticked and I love wearing and staring at this beauty.
    I know it's not an original design but as an homage it's a fabulous modern re-creation of the original.
    Thanks Eddie for TZ-UK, Timefactors and all the opportunities that you give to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Glad you are enjoying it Robert! I can only echo everything you said... it really does sparkle!

Great watch.
    Sold mine a couple of years ago and I'm still regretting it now.

Master
    Classic looks. V stylish. Suits leather and NATO. Love the micro grooved bezel. What's not to like? Size probably for me but my wrists are skinny.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Showing my ignorance yet again ... what's the little red marker??

Quote Originally Posted by cf31bloobird View Post
    Showing my ignorance yet again ... what's the little red marker??
    Think of a bezel - well on this one the whole top revolves, glass and all - so you can place that red arrow just as you would the triangle at 12 on a normal Diver. Perhaps the OP could rotate it and take a shot to illustrate. Damn clever.

I set it at quarter past so you can see elapsed time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by robbie View Post
    I set it at quarter past so you can see elapsed time.
    Thanks. It is a beautiful watch. I nearly bought it off Oli when he listed it, but got caught up in other watch transactions. I wasn't sure about the flared lugs and how they would sit, but it looks fine in the images. Also, on a personal note I always forget to wind manual wind watches, so I am naturally drawn to automatics. The dial layout is very clean.

it is a super watch and I do like that strap robbie.

Thanks halfscrew. It's a really old ABP honey alligator I had for a Panerai. It fell into being unused waiting for the right watch to come along ....................

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Very nice watch.
    Enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app