closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watch spotting 'In the Wild'.

Depends where you go I suppose, nice watches seem to be pretty standard at a 5 star hotel in half term week.

Master
    Bloke on my train last night had a white dialled Zenith Daytona. It's a watch that looks strangely good with a t-shirt and shorts of jeans.

Blog Entries
    Saw a guy wearing a bi-metal Datejust today in pub at lunchtime in Hexham. With mine made two in the pub!

I was at my sister-in-laws 50th last week, and met a bloke wearing a very nice blue/silver 1970s Omega Dynamic, on original style blue corfam strap.
    I see people with nice watches all the time, but not many with nice vintage ones, so this was a nice surprise.
    We had a bit of a chat about it, in fact, and I think he was pleased someone had noticed.
    D

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by haberdashery View Post
    Straight after I picked up my D-Blue I went to Nando's feeling pretty epic.

There was a kid on the table next to me with a black DeepSea on. Then his dad sat down with a £600k Bubba Watson Richard Mille on. His mrs had some kind of Pearl Master.

Getting close to £700k worth of watches sat next to me eating chicken. Was a strange day.
    That quote's got to be the winner !

The watch I remember as being an unusual spot was at whilst at the ballet with my wife in London. The lady in front of us accompanied by her young daughter was wearing a lovely silk Hermes scarf and a z-blue Millgauss.

To date it's the only Millgauss I've spotted outside a shop window and swayed me to buy a blue instead of a black one as the dial colour looked stunning in the dark theatre lighting.

Spotting the red dialled Omega Speedy Schumacher '96, worn by my consultant cardiologist today helped to lighten my mood, although , I don't think our bonding moment was appreciated by my slightly distraught wife!
    Quite looking forward to having another watch chat next week pre surgery
    Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by triumph coupe View Post
    The watch I remember as being an unusual spot was at whilst at the ballet with my wife in London. The lady in front of us accompanied by her young daughter was wearing a lovely silk Hermes scarf and a z-blue Millgauss.

To date it's the only Millgauss I've spotted outside a shop window and swayed me to buy a blue instead of a black one as the dial colour looked stunning in the dark theatre lighting.
    Funnily enough I see a lot of Milgauss about in Amsterdam. No idea why. I do find they look a bit blingy, but agree the best colour dial is the blue.

Craftsman
    I was in a business meeting of about 9 persons. Spotted 1 Calatrava, 1 Royal Oak Offshore, 2 Daytonas.

Master
    One of the school dad's wearing an LV this morning. 16610 I think.

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

In the post office yesterday and in front of me the guy had his hands behind his back while waiting, couldnt see the watch but the bracelet look sharp and had an IWC clasp, was tempted to say nice watch but didnt want to come across between weird and like I was going to rob him..

I met a chap today who has held Harrisons h4 in his hands.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    In the post office yesterday and in front of me the guy had his hands behind his back while waiting, couldnt see the watch but the bracelet look sharp and had an IWC clasp, was tempted to say nice watch but didnt want to come across between weird and like I was going to rob him..
    Yes don't do it lol, i gave up years ago, you would get a funny look, unless he was a TZ'er of cource! :)

At the tip the other day I met the most boring man in the world (called Brian), who, within a couple of breathless sentences on the large model plane he'd picked up that I'd commented on, started on a tirade about Thatcher and her government (apparently tips used to be a goldmine for buying top quality junk and she single-handedly stopped that). He was wearing a Panerai. It suited him.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    At the tip the other day I met the most boring man in the world (called Brian), who, within a couple of breathless sentences on the large model plane he'd picked up that I'd commented on, started on a tirade about Thatcher and her government (apparently tips used to be a goldmine for buying top quality junk and she single-handedly stopped that). He was wearing a Panerai. It suited him.
    There you go again:-)

Master
    Just spotted a Tudor S+G on a bracelet in a little cafe where we often have a Sunday fry-up. Trendy type was also wearing a smart watch, apparently this is ‘a thing’.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

Watch spotting 'In the Wild'.

My, French, partner has stopped wearing her Rolex OP in France, because she says 'everyone has them' (I think not!).
    Anyway, she's visiting her family in Perpignan, and she's wearing a 37mm Grand Seiko. I assume no other woman will be
    wearing one, in fact no-one will know it's not just another Seiko. So no watch-spotting there.

I think it may be true that you'l see even more Rolexes in fashionable parts of France. They seem to like their watches, and like 'displaying' them. Bit like the little dogs in trendy bags.
    She's also taken a £100 Citizen 'for swimming.' She won't wear expensive watches in water, sensible woman.
    Last edited by paskinner; 19th August 2018 at 11:31.

Craftsman
    I used to live in Canary wharf so as you can expect the watch spotting is off the charts. But I saw my first white gold sub (smurf? ) In the wild the other day. The owner caught me looking, and I later spotted him checking out my wrist. I was wearing a speedy on a nato so hopefully he knew I was into watches, not just looking to rob him.

Master
    I went to my sister's graduation ceremony a few weeks back in Brighton. On the way there I stopped into a Costa and there was guy in the queue in his early 20s wearing a Cartier Santos XL 3 hander.

After the ceremony my sister et al went for a meal, nothing pre booked but decided on a restaurant a bit further away from the venue. 10 minutes after walking in the same guy from Costa earlier came in and sat at the very next table. I got a better look at the watch and it was showing completely the wrong time, 20 mins later I looked back and it was now running. I was also wearing a Cartier Santos XL 3 hander. I tried to see if there was any flicker of acknowledgement of mine but there was nothing so I didn't bother to mention it.

Not seen another XL in the wild before, might be a while before I did again.

A guy in the weights area of the gym the other week was wearing an AP ROO. He probably didn't want to risk leaving it in the locker.