closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex spring bars

Rolex spring bars

Some helpful advice please!

This seems like such a simple thing, but I'm finding it hard to find some replacement flanged spring bars for my Explorer 214270. The problem is the size of the pivots, which on the Rolex bars is a lot wider than I can find on any after market ones.

The photo below shows on the left the 20mm spring bar that came with the watch. On the right is a flanged spring bar from Cousins (R19201), described as Rolex as original Generic Spring Bar 20mm (052). In the middle is another bar from Cousins (R19196) called Rolex as original Generic Spring Bar 20mm (050).

The pivot on the Cousins' flanged bar is smaller than the other two, and that's the same on other flanged bars I've looked at. I can't find any that have the wider pivot, which I estimate to be about 1mm in diameter (using my old plastic ruler to measure, so not an accurate number).

So, am I overthinking this, and using the smaller-pivotted bars will be fine (with a leather strap, not the bracelet)? Incidentally, the bars that shipped with my Everest strap are like the one on the right, and they are described thus: "We custom make these to the exact tolerance, size and quality that Rolex makes their spring bars to."

Or, if I should use bars with the wider pivots, where can I get them, besides from an AD?

What does everyone else use?
    Last edited by sean; 14th May 2017 at 13:41.

Craftsman
    Don't use smaller pivot bars because they will move around and can damage the the watch case.

If you are in London maybe you can go to Rolex St James and get original springbars? Why risking and expensive watch by using cheaper and non original springbars.

Apprentice
    Ofrei make the best spring bars mate, and in every conceivable configuration

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I have used cousins own brand Rolex replacement bars for lots of years, not had a problem.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by andykllhr View Post
    Ofrei make the best spring bars mate, and in every conceivable configuration

I don't think that Ofrei make anything...but they are a good supplier...in the USA.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I don't think that Ofrei make anything...but they are a good supplier...in the USA.
    Ok, they supply the best, not that it matters what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by andykllhr View Post
    Ok, they supply the best, not that it matters what so ever.

Oh...OK.

Apprentice