closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: swiss watches direct

swiss watches direct

anyone dealt with them ?

they have a cracking price on the new autavia

just wondering if any bought and where they ok to deal with ?

Whilst I've not bought from them, they have been around for a good few years and I've not heard anything bad about them.

I'd be happy enough buying from them.

Master
    Got an Omega years ago from them with no issues. The usual caveats that it takes a little while to arrive and was from a EU dealer IIRC

Aside from the shonky website they seem legit. They sponsor professional snooker players as I've seen their logo on their shirts on TV. They seem to follow the same approach (and often same pricing) as http://www.iconicwatches.co.uk/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mmgg1988 View Post
    Got an Omega years ago from them with no issues. The usual caveats that it takes a little while to arrive and was from a EU dealer IIRC
    Mirrors my experience, but to add they kept me well informed throughout and in fact refunded my initial payment until the watch was in hand. There was a very substantial discount so it was worth the wait.

Journeyman

swiss watches direct

Just bought a Tag from them on Thursday last week.

Website states 4-8 days for delivery, whilst on the phone to them I was told to allow 10days for delivery

I emailed them today to see if it would likely be this week or next, they didn’t give me much to go on and said hopefully this week but if not hopefully next? I did ask on the phone if the watch would be coming from an AD in the UK or Europe,it was pretty clear he wasn’t going to give me that info even after I had bought and paid for the watch.

He also mentioned something about the warranty cards no longer having the dealer stamp on them but a generic Tag stamp but warranty will have been activated a few days before I receive it as it is done when it leaves the dealer.

Can anyone shed any light on their sources and Tag warranty cards nowadays with apparently no dealer stamp?
    Last edited by fraz101; 15th October 2019 at 20:27.

Craftsman
    They’re hardly going to tell you which ADs are passing on stock below the manufacturers retail price.

As for the firm. I have enquired about a few pieces but never used them. They also do some ‘reasonably’ high profile sponsoring during the world snooker tournament that’s how I first came across them.

If you want a watch very quickly. They are not for you though...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post
    They’re hardly going to tell you which ADs are passing on stock below the manufacturers retail price.

As for the firm. I have enquired about a few pieces but never used them. They also do some ‘reasonably’ high profile sponsoring during the world snooker tournament that’s how I first came across them.

If you want a watch very quickly. They are not for you though...
    Not really in a mad rush for it (I’m happy to wait 10days)

I guess if the warranty cards do indeed still have the dealer stamp on them I will soon find out.

Craftsman
    I didn’t mean you particularly but generally. I was quoted around 3 weeks to a month for an iwc.

But given the savings on offer...see what the card says. I mean from their perspective they don’t want you trying to approach the dealer directly to cut them out. That’s their business after all.

Journeyman
    I didn’t mean you particularly but generally. I was quoted around 3 weeks to a month for an iwc.

But given the savings on offer...see what the card says. I mean from their perspective they don’t want you trying to approach the dealer directly to cut them out. That’s their business after all.
    Yeah I completely understand that,just thought they may have been a little more transparent with me today on whether it was being sourced from the UK or not and whether it was enroute as it would have given me a better guide on timescale.

Craftsman
    Completely agree. Perhaps the sales guy on the phone was a bit eager.

Maybe it’s coming up to bonus time.

Journeyman
    Completely agree. Perhaps the sales guy on the phone was a bit eager.

Maybe it’s coming up to bonus time.
    It makes me wonder just how much profit the ADs in the UK are making when the best discount I could eek out of them was 13%.

Interestingly I got an email from Chisholm Hunter today asking if I was still interested in the watch and would give me it for 2k (150quid off).

I took great delight in telling him I had managed to secure 23% from elsewhere. The chap was open with me and said they still do a good trade as a lot of people are reluctant to purchase from grey dealers.

Craftsman
    The AD margin is probably in the region of 40-50%

On sale most ADs do 25% take longines for example it’s permanently on 30% discount.

If you have a very good relationship with an AD they’ll do 20% or more on some brands. If sales are really bad they’ll do more but you’ve gotta have that purchase history. Plenty of people don’t even know they offer discount. It’s not very British to haggle
    Last edited by Sean89; 15th October 2019 at 22:20.

Journeyman
    The AD margin is probably in the region of 40-50%

On sale most ADs do 25% take longines for example it’s permanently on 30% discount.

If you have a very good relationship with an AD they’ll do 20% or more on some brands. If sales are really bad they’ll do more but you’ve gotta have that purchase history. Plenty of people don’t even know they offer discount. It’s not very British to haggle
    Rrp is £2150 I haggled with 4 ADs in high street and best I got was 1875,one went to 1900 another 2000 and the other wouldn’t haggle on phone (it was a 40mile trip so told them I wouldn’t be travelling unless I secured a deal first)

Granted I’m not a regular in any of the stores.

Hoping to see my watch this week. We shall see.

Craftsman
    I don’t buy many at retail. I purchased a Iwc petit prince chrono at Christmas and got something like 15% taking account of a price rise. I could have got more via a grey. My only dealing with the AD before that was about 6 years before that.

Now every time I go in there a couple of people know me so they’ll make offers for watches. Last month I was offered a bremont solo for 1600 something. That’s about 35% off. For top tier discounts you need to be spending 10-15k a year and then they might even consider selling you a Rolex 😉

Journeyman
    Unfortunately a Rolex isn’t in my price bracket, and never likely to be!

But I wished I was in a position to 1) Afford one and 2) Be considered to purchase one

You’d think the AD would come and go more if they have so much of a profit margin there to play with?

Why lose the sale? I even explained my position in that they didn’t need to match or beat the grey dealer,just come close enough for me to take it there and then say within 50quid?!

Craftsman
    I guess so many of their sales are on interest free credit. They consistently probably get 85% of retail and the provider of finance gets the rest.

Journeyman
    Maybe so

I was paying cash.

A few on here had said 20% on Tag was very achievable but not my experience of the high street ADs that’s for sure.

Journeyman
    Received my watch today from them.

8 days from purchasing.

Not bad at all. Good service all round.

Took it to my local jeweler (non AD) to have links removed. Cost £5.

Pretty pleased with it

Craftsman
    Looks great. Congrats. Didn’t have to wait too long in the end 😊