closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What do you think of?

What do you think of?

Hi,

After originally completely dismissing the idea of a 'ticking' mechanical watch and by that I am refering to the Jaeger geophysic true seconds, I am now being strangely drawn to the watch! I may now actually consider it as a next watch.

What do you guys think of the watch, or the concept?

Cheers!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by monty68 View Post
    Hi,

After originally completely dismissing the idea of a 'ticking' mechanical watch and by that I am refering to the Jaeger geophysic true seconds, I am now being strangely drawn to the watch! I may now actually consider it as a next watch.

What do you guys think of the watch, or the concept?

Cheers!
    master geophysic or master control (if want a mechanical equivalent), either way is a win-win.

from the two I would personally choose the master geophysic due to its uniqueness.

Thanks

I personally think the true seconds is a better looking dial and case than the master control. Movement looks better imo also.

I already have a master memovox so probably wouldnt want another master series watch.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by monty68 View Post
    Thanks

I personally think the true seconds is a better looking dial and case than the master control. Movement looks better imo also.

I already have a master memovox so probably wouldnt want another master series watch.
    go for it man, geophysic is cool. my opinion, do the checkout!

Journeyman
    Myself, I find the movement beautiful both in design and execution, but the dial leaves something to be desired. It's simple, minimalistic, subdued... but also a tad boring, perhaps? This is of course wholly subjective, but there's something in almost every modern JLC that is off. The frosted silver dial is really well executed, the markers' polishing is even and high-level... Technically, an excellent watch, and if it really makes you tick, then even better!

The concept of a true-seconds watch is intriguing, though. I really like the addition of the complication in an intermediate tier watch like this. The democratization of high-end complications in the past years has been really refreshing in my opinion :)

Yeah, I know what you mean. I thought it was a bit boring and bland. Then the plain face and features started to appeal for some strange reason!

I think as an overall design its a grower and a slow burner as it surely isnt a design that has an instant wow factor.

Apprentice
    Know this thread is old but I own a JLC geophysic true second and can honestly say it is fantastic. I find myself watching the hand tick, or listening close to hear the tick,tick,tick,TICK.

If it’s quiet you can hear the ceramic bearings whirr (in the right situation).
    The watch lends itself imo to NATO straps, I’ve got a collection of many and it’s subtle nature makes it so versatile.

Also love the fact it’s not ubiquitous like Rolex and some other brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome along. Any pics?

Journeyman
    Request for pics seconded. I’m a big fan of the True Second - it’s an effortlessly classy watch

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    IMG_1470.jpg

Apprentice

What do you think of?

Last edited by Capewell899; 26th November 2019 at 08:50.

Apprentice
    Don’t know why it’s crap quality bear with

Apprentice

Apprentice

Shows the frosted dial nicely, also mine is the only one I’ve ever seen without the words ‘geophysic true second’ on the face. Super clean!