closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Speedmaster limited editions at Baselworld

Craftsman

New Speedmaster limited editions at Baselworld

Just got this by email:

More Speedmaster limited editions to be announced tomorrow?

The Omega Baselworld teaser vid shows a Panda dial - maybe a Mitsukoshi variant LE is a possibility?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by tom waring; 21st March 2017 at 14:52.

Quote Originally Posted by tom waring View Post

The Omega Baselworld teaser vid shows a Panda dial - maybe a Mitsukoshi variant LE is a possibility?
    Interesting. Which video?

Aren't Omega taking a gamble by doing this. Many people on the Speedy Tuesday allocation and indeed the waiting list and can probably only afford one watch, myself included. If they start pushing the waiting list people to the new Baselworld editions isn't there a risk that people allocated a ST could also go the same way turning it into a flop.

I agree there are some who will buy everything, but a lot of people on here have said that they want the time to gather the cash.

Master
    Don't get me started on Speedie LE's

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by henryviii View Post
    Interesting. Which video?
    Go to Omega's Instagram page: there are three 'MRI' style vids (and they have confirmed they are launching 3 new models at Baselworld). The first vid hints at a Railmaster, the second a Seamaster and the third is a Speedy with a Panda dial and looks like sword minute/arrow hour hands.

Ah, Instagram...nearly lost me there ;) Maybe I'm old fashioned....

Will take a look.

Go to Omega's Instagram page: there are three 'MRI' style vids (and they have confirmed they are launching 3 new models at Baselworld). The first vid hints at a Railmaster, the second a Seamaster and the third is a Speedy with a Panda dial and looks like sword minute/arrow hour hands.

60th Anniversary LE of the '57...? Something like this (link) with a panda dial?

Master
    Not sure it is actually suggesting panda dial, just sub dials sunk into the main dial. Certainly the consensus on the Omega Forums discussion on this vid (it was hacked 2 days ago and has been investigated frame by frame since) is that a plain dial is more likely than a Panda.

Journeyman
    Received the same email too. Speedy Tuesdays prob already allocated and most likely picked up.

Bought a subc a few weeks back so won't be buying anything else for a while unless I sell first.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Aren't Omega taking a gamble by doing this. Many people on the Speedy Tuesday allocation and indeed the waiting list and can probably only afford one watch, myself included. If they start pushing the waiting list people to the new Baselworld editions isn't there a risk that people allocated a ST could also go the same way turning it into a flop.

I agree there are some who will buy everything, but a lot of people on here have said that they want the time to gather the cash.
    I can't see the ST being a flop either way, a beautiful watch is a beautiful watch. Perhaps could remove some of the mania to get one and affect resale value of anyone was expecting it to go the way of Snoopy(which I highly doubt anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Not sure it is actually suggesting panda dial, just sub dials sunk into the main dial. Certainly the consensus on the Omega Forums discussion on this vid (it was hacked 2 days ago and has been investigated frame by frame since) is that a plain dial is more likely than a Panda.
    I think that must be right. The technique simply registers the presence or otherwise of material and does not distinguish colour.

Craftsman
    Thanks, that makes sense. Shame though - a new version full size Speedy Pro panda would be great IMO

Supposedly a leaked image of the new LE Speedmaster, looks like Steinhart have been lending them a hand with the faked aged lume.

Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 21st March 2017 at 17:47.

Master

Cool

Supposedly a leaked image of the new LE Speedmaster, looks like Steinhart have been lending them a hand with the faked aged lume.

We shall see tomorrow but if that's anything to go by I'm excited!

Craftsman
    Can't see them doing an exposed pushers/crown case personally. But it is interesting!

Can't see them doing an exposed pushers/crown case personally. But it is interesting!
    But isn't that how the watches would have looked in the 50's and they may well go back to that look if this is a form of tribute watch.

A limited Edition Speedmaster! Whatever will they come up with next.

Master

Umm it will definitely be like this and the teaser confirms it. All Speedmsaters were like this up to about 1965 and the recent The FOIS and CK2998 are already like this so what would stop them doing it again?

If the teaser video (above) is anything to do by:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    A limited Edition Speedmaster! Whatever will they come up with next.
    What is even sillier is that it looks identical to the one they kicked out for the 40th anniversary in 1997 except for the crown guard-less 39mm case. No doubt it will sell but earth shattering it is not. Here's Fratello's take on the 1997 3594.50

https://www.fratellowatches.com/speedy-tuesday-omega-speedmaster-3594-50-replica/

Craftsman
    But isn't that how the watches would have looked in the 50's and they may well go back to that look if this is a form of tribute watch.
    Yes, but only for a while. Unprotected, the pushers and crown were considered too vulnerable. Looks kinda cool all exposed like this, I agree. Maybe as a LE tribute watch they might go for it. Not sure.

Personally, if they do release this tomorrow I won't be rushing out to order one. The 'faux patina' lume annoys me, but that's just me and I am sure plenty of others would disagree and like it.

Craftsman
    Umm it will definitely be like this and the teaser confirms it. All Speedmsaters were like this up to about 1965 and the recent The FOIS and CK2998 are already like this so what would stop them doing it again?
    Thanks for pointing that out. Interesting. I like the exposed pushers/crown. As above, not a fan of the faux patina lume though.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxer7 View Post
    Don't get me started on Speedie LE's
    +1......I had a good rant about this very same topic recently!

Paul