timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hublot Purchase

Craftsman

Hublot Purchase

Hi All

Unfortunately I've just fallen in love with one of these:

http://www.hublot.com/en/collection/...ramic?serie=55

It's way over my budget which was initially for a Daytona so am hoping to secure a decent discount on it, have any of you got any tips for where to get one for something, hopefully, substantially less than its £19100 RRP. I'm tempted to put in a offer of £16000 to the dealer but unsure of how this will be viewed.

Any tips and advice are appreciated.

Master
    Unfortunate indeed. Get a huge discount, never sell, or expect to lose thousands when you do.

Think on this one CAREFULLY.

I'd want more than £3,000 of list price! A lot more.

I rate Hublot, very well made watches, but likely to sell for around 50% of retail, so I'd be wanting as close to that as possible - I know things have moved on, and we no longer see annual sales of half price Hublot, but I'd still expect a very healthy discount.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    I would suggest a call to Terminal 5 would secure you a watch at a discount of at least 16.67% (less the price of a ticket somewhere) and I'd be very surprised if they wouldn't offer a bit more besides. I tried this very watch in there a couple of weeks ago. Very nice but too chunky for me.

Master
    This may be a bit cheeky but I'd contact make contact with the type of online watch company that might buy something like this (if you get what I mean), tell them you own one and ask for a price. the figure they give you might make your mind up immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgreenwood View Post
    Hi All

Unfortunately I've just fallen in love with one of these:

http://www.hublot.com/en/collection/...ramic?serie=55

It's way over my budget which was initially for a Daytona so am hoping to secure a decent discount on it, have any of you got any tips for where to get one for something, hopefully, substantially less than its £19100 RRP. I'm tempted to put in a offer of £16000 to the dealer but unsure of how this will be viewed.

Any tips and advice are appreciated.
    I've got the gold one! I got it with a big old discount off RRP, and I like to wear it and pretend I'm an average League 1 football player!

Master
    I am offered about 25% discount on a ceramic Big Bang from a standard AD a while back without trying that hard. I just can't seem to pull the trigger on a Hublot, I really like them but can't get over the feeling that they are horribly overpriced and just not worth it.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    I am offered about 25% discount on a ceramic Big Bang from a standard AD a while back without trying that hard. I just can't seem to pull the trigger on a Hublot, I really like them but can't get over the feeling that they are horribly overpriced and just not worth it.......

A big bang specially. They are not even top grade ETA used and not even the chronometer level parts.

I think premier league footballers are given Humblot watches to promote the brand, so get yourself a Mohawk haircut, matt black Bentley and lots of tattoos and you'll fit right in.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I think premier league footballers are given Humblot watches to promote the brand, so get yourself a Mohawk haircut, matt black Bentley and lots of tattoos and you'll fit right in.
    Don't forget the beard. You need a beard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan88 View Post
    Don't forget the beard. You need a beard.

Doh I forgot the beard!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    A £5k watch max.

Craftsman
    Try official watches ask for George of mike,www.officialwatches.com their get you a new one at a great price I have no doubt
    or try watchtime in London think there in Berkeley square you'll get 30% there and if you push a bit more I guess
    But as other have said if you try to sell it on I think your still lose a bit, but it's a hobby so WTF😃

Cheers
    Tony

Very well made watches in my experience. Excellent finishing and certainly a step above Rolex etc. My advice would be to buy pre owned as you will take an absolute bath on resale. You used to be able to get great deals from Spain/Italy and the US but sadly the Brexit vote has scuppered the exchange rate. But don't listen to the naysayers who have probably never handled a Hublot - they are lovely watches but get a hefty discount!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    Resale is typically 40-50% of retail so I'd want 30% off at least, probably best to buy used.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    A £5k watch max.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Very well made watches in my experience. Excellent finishing and certainly a step above Rolex etc. My advice would be to buy pre owned as you will take an absolute bath on resale. You used to be able to get great deals from Spain/Italy and the US but sadly the Brexit vote has scuppered the exchange rate. But don't listen to the naysayers who have probably never handled a Hublot - they are lovely watches but get a hefty discount!

really disagree with this statement....A big bang uses an off the shelf 7750 which isn't even top grade. Even some fakes have better finishing than the real ones and the only way to really tell is to actually send it to Hublot. The finishing is very very average.

i agree with the exchange rate situation.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    really disagree with this statement....A big bang uses an off the shelf 7750 which isn't even top grade. Even some fakes have better finishing than the real ones and the only way to really tell is to actually send it to Hublot. The finishing is very very average.

^^ This^^

The design is certainly interesting with the fusion concept and the dials can be lovely. The BB is the watch Jean Claude Biver created to bring Hublot back from the dead and it did the job well. It certainly has a presence on the wrist.
    As such it is a fine watch. But the 7750 is indeed industrial, with its classic noise when the rotor is doing its job.
    The finishing of the case is excellent but there isn't any difference with other brands from the mid priced segment as I haven't spotted a fault on a Longines, Omega or Rolex. There is no finishing to speak of on the calibre.
    I have a problem with the number of LE they produced as in my view it devalues the product. I think they beat Panerai and B&R hands down in this less than enviable respect.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    If you like the watch buy it. Wear it, enjoy it. If you're looking for a long term investment you're better of elsewhere. I don't really understand all the people who've got 2 year old watches with stickers on and "worn once in the house". My watches all get worn.

Craftsman

This one has an el primero movement

I think this is the one at the Watch Source (if you are happy to buy from a non-AD) :- http://www.thewatchsource.co.uk/item...m.0173.lr.html

£13,386.75 if you pay by Bank Transfer.
    Last edited by WatchIng; 21st March 2017 at 12:55.

Some good practical advice.
    Discounts are available and you should shoot for atleast 30%.
    If you flip, you WILL take a bath.
    Having said that,the quality is pretty darn good,IME.
    This one has a modified El Primero.
    Hublot has already started making in house movements and some of their chronographs feature their UNICO movement.
    Quite a few people I know wear a HUBLOT and they are not Russians,rap artists or foot ballers.
    Not a forum favorite- so don't expect the crowd that goes all week kneed at a 36mm Explorer to be very receptive.
    So, if you can deal with having to work out a good discount,inevitable loss on flipping and non enthusiastic reception and in some cases downright scoffing from a majority here- go ahead if you really like it.
    Ryan and Scott ( Omegamaniac ) are voices of reason and I regard their opinion highly. So, do listen to them.

Master

Hublot Purchase

This one has an el primero movement
    Yes i specifically said Big bang.

I have worked in a watch dealership before and done some consulting work for them and excluding their inhouse stuff i really feel that you are spending on financing their marketing division no offence intended. I can see their appeal with the more unique and mechanically developed pieces however.

Blog Entries
    done some consulting work for them
    In what field, if I may ask?

your original daytona budget would be better spent there, I feel.
    I recently saw a lovely rose gold one with chocolate dial at about £14k looked a fabulous watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    In what field, if I may ask?
    Portfolio management for their startup watch inventory.

Blog Entries
    Portfolio management for their startup watch inventory.
    Interesting, thanks.

Craftsman
    Thanks all got it for £15k from an AD in the end. Not going to sell it because I think it's the most interesting implementation of the el primero movement I've seen and it suits me. Thanks for your advice though it gave me the confidence to get the deal I got.

Master
    Thanks all got it for £15k from an AD in the end. Not going to sell it because I think it's the most interesting implementation of the el primero movement I've seen and it suits me. Thanks for your advice though it gave me the confidence to get the deal I got.
    Can we see a picture?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchIng View Post
    I think this is the one at the Watch Source (if you are happy to buy from a non-AD) :- http://www.thewatchsource.co.uk/item...m.0173.lr.html

£13,386.75 if you pay by Bank Transfer.
    Damnation! I don't actually mind that one at all... In fact, it's quite nice looking and it;s difficult to read the brand.

Good lad, I'm wearing mine today as it happens.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Good lad, I'm wearing mine today as it happens.
    Can we see a photo of this one too? They're divisive but certainly interesting to look at!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

Don't agree with that Ryan, I spent quite a bit of time in the sort of Hublot at sea boutique on a Royal Caribbean ship a few years ago almost pulling the trigger on 4 or 5 days and just couldn't bring myself to do it. The Big Bang I was looking at just seemed a bit cheap and they even offered me a huge discount. Went in the the boutique on St Thomas which to be fair was impressive and it just didn't do it for me. I kept thinking 'will I regret this' and I'm glad I didn't buy. I do still quite like them but resale value rules it out for me.