closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first Bi-Metal watch in years, and I couldn't be happier...

I have never ever considered a two tone but I have to say, your new GMT looks fantastic Wayne. Great video, as always. Enjoy it!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by aksing View Post
    Very nice, I fancy a TT myself, either a DJ41 or a TT DayC if out next week.
    Love it...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Just 2 weeks ago I bought my very first two-tone watch and it's exactly the same piece. I'd never given a 2nd look at two-tones before but on the wrist it really is stunning!! I'm very happy with it, although I can confirm that I have managed to pick up some light scratches on the centre gold area of the clasp already :-)

I guess it's going to pick up scratches more, but that sometimes that gives it a nicer appearance and less "bling" :)

If anyone has the heads on on a pre owned please do let me know 👍

Well thanks to W44NNE and this thread I have now reserved a TT model to be picked up on Saturday :-)

I tossed and turned between the black faced Sub or GMT.......Settled for a 2012 ceramic Sub some cash and my 16610 LV.

It was touch and go as to which one to go for the GMT was cheaper but I just wasn't sure if I'd get bored and find it a little too busy. Maybe the Sub is a little more under the radar

They are both such nice watches it was a hard desision 👍

Quote Originally Posted by ally View Post
    Well thanks to W44NNE and this thread I have now reserved a TT model to be picked up on Saturday :-)

I tossed and turned between the black faced Sub or GMT.......Settled for a 2012 ceramic Sub some cash and my 16610 LV.

It was touch and go as to which one to go for the GMT was cheaper but I just wasn't sure if I'd get bored and find it a little too busy. Maybe the Sub is a little more under the radar

They are both such nice watches it was a hard desision 
    Excellent choice, I had the blue dial TT Sub in 2010 when the first ceramic Subs came out, they are lovely watches and do look classy, not blingy at all. Look forward to a few snaps on Saturday.

They are both such nice watches it was a hard desision 
    A blue TT SubC? That is a great choice.
    Pic?

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    A blue TT SubC? That is a great choice.
    Pic?
    I think he went for the black Faced TT Sub Raj.

Craftsman
    I had a 2014 sunburst dial 116613 in 2015, sold it after about 10 months as I needed to free up some cash for a project. One of the only watches I regret selling to be honest and I will likely buy another once I decide to sell my 16610.
    Love the two tone Sub/GMT.

Grand Master
    What I don`t like about the latest Rolex bimetals is the gold through the clasp. Sure, it looks nice, but it always gets marked/scratched. Back in the old days they used steel clasps which were far more resilient.

The good thing about gold is the ease of polishing. Fine scratches come out with a rouge cloth, and light polishing will take the sharpness of the scratches so they don`t show. The lustre of the gold tends to disguise the scarthes too, so a wipe with a rouge cloth or Cape Cod will get the watch sparkling again. Look under a glass and you'll still see marks, but somehow the gold seems to look better than polished steel with scratches.

Can`t beat a bit of proper gold, and it HAS to be yellow.

Paul

Master
    I love the TT subs with the blue dials. I've seen one I really like the look of but have no idea what I should be paying for it. Its a 2003, 16613 mint full set, last serviced 5 years ago and is a private sale. At £5.9k my sense is its a little pricey but I have no idea what a fair price would be. Can anyone help?

Thanks gents I will try to get some pictures up as soon as, although its not being picked up till late Saturday :)

I am going black face, although the blue is really a stunning watch its not for me.

Funny enough when I was looking at the pre ceramic 16613 the gold through the clasp was a must for me, but I did think the same about stainless steel clasps, less scratching to be done :) It just somehow didn't sit right with me. I will try not to get too OCD with the bracelet they do look better when slightly worn in anyway

Quote Originally Posted by David r View Post
    I love the TT subs with the blue dials. I've seen one I really like the look of but have no idea what I should be paying for it. Its a 2003, 16613 mint full set, last serviced 5 years ago and is a private sale. At £5.9k my sense is its a little pricey but I have no idea what a fair price would be. Can anyone help?

I think you'd find newer ones at that price David especially considering its a private sale. A GMT TT could be had for a bit more than that if you find an early ceramic one you'll get the newer style bits they come with

Master
    I think you'd find newer ones at that price David especially considering its a private sale. A GMT TT could be had for a bit more than that if you find an early ceramic one you'll get the newer style bits they come with
    Thanks very much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review especially if it's your first, really difficult thing to put together I bet.

Not really been a fan of two-tone but got to say that's a real stunner! enjoy.

Picked this up on Saturday love it

I did go backwards between the Sub and GMT but in the end the Sub win out :) IMG_1069.JPG

Very nice, now let's have an image without the jumper covering it up

Craftsman
    The TT`s have really grown on me recently. I tried a Blue sub on and wow, equally as impressive as my Hulk