closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: vpn

^Perfect, thanks trot.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post

For working abroad it seems to make sense as you say.
    If it’s client work I’d assume they will provide the vpn back to the office. If you are reasonably IT literate it’s easy to build a openvpn server at home on a raspberry pi for very little if all you want to do is get back home.

Happy to point you in the direction if so.

^Thanks CM, I'm going to bounce it off a few colleagues and then may shoot you a PM if I drum up the courage to do a bit of tinkering!

vpn

I use such
    Surfshark with no issues

Got a massive cashback too on Quidco so it was peanuts for two years

Works fab for nosey isp who wants to potentially look at your iptv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sweepinghand; 9th July 2021 at 14:20.

Blog Entries
    NordVPN for me - works seamlessly on all my devises - mobile or otherwise. Got a good discount price for signing up for 3y deal. Martyn
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

SydR
    If you have appropriate security set up on your router what benefit do you expect to get from a VPN at home?

My use on a VPN is when I log onto public WiFi, or indeed any WiFi that is not my own.

As I have no need to make it look like I am logged in from another country, for example, I have my own VPN set up on a Raspberry Pi at home.

Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post
    If you have appropriate security set up on your router what benefit do you expect to get from a VPN at home?

My use on a VPN is when I log onto public WiFi, or indeed any WiFi that is not my own.

As I have no need to make it look like I am logged in from another country, for example, I have my own VPN set up on a Raspberry Pi at home.
    Same here. Using openvpn on my raspberry pi which also runs a pihole and a couple of other home monitoring bits. Handily the VPN also lets me access the home monitoring when away from home I wanted to run wireguard but couldn't get it to work.

Master
    I have nordvpn on my devices and use it primarily when travelling and accessing wifi out and about.

At home I generally don’t have any reason to use it .

I have an office that has some machines in it that I use nordvpn for on the router but thats primarily to get a static IP address easily.

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by ernestrome View Post
    Same here. Using openvpn on my raspberry pi which also runs a pihole and a couple of other home monitoring bits. Handily the VPN also lets me access the home monitoring when away from home I wanted to run wireguard but couldn't get it to work.
    I was keen to get WireGuard working as, I believe it is better for mobile devices (places less drain on the battery), so persevered and got it working.

The latest pivpn script made it easier.

Yes I wanted wireguard for the same reasons, I tried the same script but couldn't get it going. Worked fine with open VPN. Maybe I'll give it a go again soon.

Hello

All,

Surfshark are offering a pretty good deal if you sign up for 24 months. And if you go through TopCashBack you should get 60-70% back. I think about £24.

Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    All,

Surfshark are offering a pretty good deal if you sign up for 24 months. And if you go through TopCashBack you should get 60-70% back. I think about £24.
    I use Surfshark
    I went through Quidco for it a d got it in effect for peanuts for my two years
    No issues with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VPN - SurfShark

Have you tried Surfshark? Sign up with my link and you will get 1 month free of the same VPN I use: https://surfshark.club/friend/M3a8dYTc

Might come in handy for someone. Speeds and connectivity seem ok. Just as good as Express VPN I had before. And it works for unlocking region specific content for Netflix etc.