closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ParcelPro - no longer an option for individuals

I just tried to use my ParcelPro account but it’s been purged. Apparently it’s been dormant for too long.

Looking at the earlier threads I got in touch Jeroen Sparreboom at IFS Inforsure and he was really helpful. Had a new account registered and opened in no time. Excellent service. Would highly recommend.

I know that haven’t been taking on individuals for a while now but have they been cancelling accounts?

Mine currently still active.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by baronetto View Post
    I just tried to use my ParcelPro account but it’s been purged. Apparently it’s been dormant for too long.

Looking at the earlier threads I got in touch Jeroen Sparreboom at IFS Inforsure and he was really helpful. Had a new account registered and opened in no time. Excellent service. Would highly recommend.
    To add to this, I've actually sent a parcel with them now - their invoice payment is a slightly odd (no online payment mechanism, so a phone call with CC detail or send a cheque) but apart from this all smooth.

Of course the real test for any insurance company is when you have a claim....

Apprentice

invoice

Quote Originally Posted by Scepticalist View Post
    To add to this, I've actually sent a parcel with them now - their invoice payment is a slightly odd (no online payment mechanism, so a phone call with CC detail or send a cheque) but apart from this all smooth.

Of course the real test for any insurance company is when you have a claim....
    We are working on a online payment system, expect this be available soon., Thanks for the nice review!

I used them twice this month with no issues.

Infact I have just received the invoice :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroenusa View Post
    We are working on a online payment system, expect this be available soon., Thanks for the nice review!
    Jeroen,

To give us all a degree of confidence in your service, could you please provide some statistics regarding claims made and claims paid, both generally and specifically for watches?

Master
    Just logged into my parcelpro account and it's come up with a load of T&C's regarding "UPS CAPITAL ELITE™ FOR HIGH VALUE GOODS".

Edit - just notice they've been bought by UPS. Wonder how much the prices have gone up by without reporting a shipment.
    Last edited by MrBanks; 29th March 2018 at 20:39.

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    I know that haven’t been taking on individuals for a while now but have they been cancelling accounts?

Mine currently still active.
    I think the issue with me is that I hadn’t used it since 2013! I think that’s why it was purged.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard. View Post
    Jeroen,

To give us all a degree of confidence in your service, could you please provide some statistics regarding claims made and claims paid, both generally and specifically for watches?
    Sorry not always checking the Forum, as far as statistics on our claims I would rather not discuss this on a open forum (as you can understand) I do however can tell you that our underwriter is Allianz Insurance a very trusted and reliable insurance company.
    We do not exclude individual watch collectors and welcome members of the UK-TZ with open arms!
    having been in this industry for almost 20 years I can assure you that claims are paid as we value our reputation in the Jewelry and watch communities around the world.

I used IFS and Jeroen was very helpful and answered all my queries quickly and helpfully.

Thankfully everything was delivered safely so no need to use their service so can't comment on making a claim.

Cheers

Ross

Just reviving this thread to ask what members are using these days.... I'm trying to purchase a watch from a fellow member but struggling to find a properly insured method. Value is just over £5k.

Sent Jeroen an email to enquire on that front.

How does this work? Do you just use RMSD and insure it independently via Jeroen?... or does his company insist you use a specific courier?

Starting to think I should stick to <£2500 watches at this point

Blog Entries
    Had a watch sent last week, and also sent one, both of which were insured by Parcelpro. Was sorted by the guy I bought it from, not sure what sort of account he has though.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    I've been a Parcel Pro user for a number of years and my account is still active, however regrettably its no longer an option for me. Firstly their T&C's are overly complicated and I felt like I was open to having any claim turned down if I didn't use the correctly coloured box or double boxed or whatever but more importantly I could only get coverage for less than $1000 which makes it a complete no go. Oh and to add I couldn't use RMSD, and had to either use UPS or FEDEX, both of which were brutally expensive as postage options.

I've moved to Jerome and the service is excellent, send RMSD, log the tracking number. Done. And price of coverage was very competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    I've moved to Jerome and the service is excellent, send RMSD, log the tracking number. Done. And price of coverage was very competitive.
    Do you mind me asking, what sort of ballpark cost are we talking about?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    Do you mind me asking, what sort of ballpark cost are we talking about?
    From memory, $25 for approx $10k cover.

From memory, $25 for approx $10k cover.
    Thats very reasonable... hopefully I'll get a reply soon off them. Thanks.

Day 3 and no response from IFS to my enquiry to use them. Not instilling much confidence in me. Imagine losing a 5k watch in the post and getting zero response from your insurer. As the dragons den panel would say... I'm out.

Master
    I've been a Parcel Pro user for a number of years and my account is still active, however regrettably its no longer an option for me. Firstly their T&C's are overly complicated and I felt like I was open to having any claim turned down if I didn't use the correctly coloured box or double boxed or whatever but more importantly I could only get coverage for less than $1000 which makes it a complete no go. Oh and to add I couldn't use RMSD, and had to either use UPS or FEDEX, both of which were brutally expensive as postage options.

Is Jerome an insurer or do they provide the shipping aswell?

Blog Entries
    Day 3 and no response from IFS to my enquiry to use them. Not instilling much confidence in me. Imagine losing a 5k watch in the post and getting zero response from your insurer. As the dragons den panel would say... I'm out.
    Don't forget yesterday was Thanksgiving...

Don't forget yesterday was Thanksgiving...
    Ah... fair point. I'll hang on then. Just a bit frustrated as I've got the funds sat in my account... seller waiting.. and no insurance! You know what its like when you've made the deal... even RMSD isnt fast enough

Well, a follow up for you all on this.

Over a week and NO reply at all from IFS so I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole personally. Couldn't imagine the panic you'd be in if a valuable watch went AWOL and you got zero reply from the insurer.

We went for https://www.secursus.com/ in the end. Fantastic website with all the detail you'd ever need. Instant sign up and pay online for full cover; we got over €6,200 cover for €37 and used RMSD. We had a problem getting the Credit Card entered on the site and they helped over email within a couple of hours.

Here's the couriers they support:

Brilliant service and I'll use them again without hesitation.

(Of course... I haven't had a lost parcel yet and THAT'S when true feedback comes... but the signs with Securus are very positive from my experience above)
    Last edited by JohnnyE; 5th December 2019 at 13:12.

this had me worried, about to ship a sub with my PP account and seeing the comment about dormant accounts being purged had me concerned, fortunately mine is still active but worth bearing in mind.
    Keith

ParcelPro - no longer an option for individuals

I don’t think you need an email response necessarily, just go to the website and complete the form to register for an account. Note on the form that you are a TZ-UK member.

Once registered, make sure you take note of the minimum parcel size in the terms and conditions.

Edit: register here (you’ll need two references) - https://www.shipinforsure.com/registration.php
    Last edited by colin t; 6th December 2019 at 23:21.

Aha so that explains why I’m getting a dead website, the IFS domain name’s changed!

Handy having that other Secursus one too, nice one

PP user here and no issue with getting larger insurance cover. Just sent a Patek 5167 from Thailand to Australia and it cost me $58 to insure with DHL. You do need to double box as per their instructions so do it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    I haven't used my parcelpro account in a long time but just logged in and it all seems to be working. I am yet to report a shipment though.

Greetings folks

I need to post a watch and secursus cost seems to be 1% of value. Any reliable but cheaper options out there?

I do have the option of opening an account through a business if that's necessary.

The 0.25% that parcelpro charged some years back looks reasonable. Any guidance gratefully received

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post
    Greetings folks

I need to post a watch and secursus cost seems to be 1% of value. Any reliable but cheaper options out there?

I do have the option of opening an account through a business if that's necessary.

The 0.25% that parcelpro charged some years back looks reasonable. Any guidance gratefully received
    I have used shipinfosure cost: consignment value 17500$, insurance 44€ - I make that 0.25% - see earlier posts.

I suggest asking any questions to Jeroen or via chat on the site - you can ask him if you can use him as a reference and use TZ-UK as the reference. When I emailed I mentioned I got his name from TZ-UK.com.

I have never had issues with using my (non-registered) company name - their site says they insure for private individuals as well as corporations.

Here are his details:

Jeroen Sparreboom
    CEO, IFS Inforsure Inc.
    Cell Phone 310-413-6364 (tel:310-413-6364)
    jeroen@shipinforsure.com

https://www.shipinforsure.com/
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Thanks

I did look at the site but was slightly put off when I saw so that some pages had design gibberish on them

For those not familiar, when designing a site, the designer often puts random letters to make non sensical words and puts them into paragraphs. The site had some of that

But I shall check them out. Thank you