closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Mark Knopfler/Bravehearts children's charity watch auctions.

Craftsman

Mark Knopfler/Bravehearts children's charity watch auctions.

With the kind permission of Eddie.

Hi all.
    Just a heads up and to gather some support really.

I will be holding six watch auctions from the 16th of March to the 26th of March on eBay (starting at 9pm UK time) with all proceeds from the auctions going to the children's charity Bravehearts.
    Mark is the patron of the children’s charity which is based in the North East of England and was founded to recognise the exceptional courage shown by children who are battling illness or adversity. Parents, nurses, friends and family are able to nominate children so their courage can be recognised. This happens at special awards ceremonies where the children are rewarded by receiving a Bravehearts crystal and a gift of their choice.

I hope there is something which you might fancy owning in these lots, the main thing is fund raising but the winning bidders will get a pretty much unique watch with a great story attached. The auctions will add provenance to the watches too - so worth printing out the photos and details if you win and not forgetting by bidding and winning all proceeds will go to put a smile on a child's face, what could be better?
    If you fancy just donating to Bravehearts, however little, that would also be a great help and very much appreciated.
    Link to Bravehearts here> http://www.brave-hearts.com/

Please spread the word too if you can!

The watches on offer are>
    1. TAG Heuer Kirium chronograph. This is Mark’s personal property and will come with a TAG Heuer box signed by Mark.
    2. IWC vintage watch. This again is Mark’s personal watch. The watch will be auctioned with a signed strap.
    3. Lum-Tec watch. limited edition number 1 of 50. The strap signed by Mark.
    4. Lemania vintage military watch. The strap signed by Mark.
    5. Hamilton vintage General service military type watch. The strap signed by Mark.
    6. Hamilton vintage military 6B watch. The strap signed by Mark

The military watches have all been serviced by John Senior.

I will add more details of each of the watches including the serial numbers in each of the six auctions.
    So please search on eBay for "Mark Knopfler Bravehearts charity auction" on the 16th of March after 9pm and each of the six auctions will be found, I will also add a link to my eBay shop on the 16th of March too.

Here are some links to The Bravehearts charity, Mark's web page and social media pages.
    http://www.brave-hearts.com/
    http://www.markknopfler.com/
    https://twitter.com/MarkKnopfler?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr ^author
    https://www.facebook.com/OfficialMarkKnopflerNews/

Thanks Michael

Blog Entries
    Will be having a look at that! Mark Knopfler is one of the all-time greats imho.

One of the greats maybe, but I am surprised he can afford to give a watch away. Someone told me he was in dire straits.

I shall be keeping an eye out for that Lemania.

Master

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    One of the greats maybe, but I am surprised he can afford to give a watch away. Someone told me he was in dire straits.

I shall be keeping an eye out for that Lemania.
    lol. humorous bump to the top.

As a huge fan of Dire Straits I love the photo of Mark. Good luck with the auction, I will keep an eye out on eBay.

Do you have any further pics you can share

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for highlighting 😇

Good heads up

Ive noticed him wearing a Speedmaster in a few videos

Craftsman
    Hi all,
    Now the Bravehearts charity auctions are concluded, I would like to say thank you to all who have helped with these auctions, bidders, winners, those who have donated and those who have helped with publicising the auctions especially those who have given the space willingly on their forums and websites.

The watch auctions raised over £12,000 which has been rounded up to £15,000 this is not including donations made by people through the Bravehearts website http://www.brave-hearts.com/
    The money raised will be used to put a well deserved smile on a child's face in the very near future, so a brilliant outcome, thank you!

Mark has also asked if I would extend his thanks to all involved too, he was amazed by the response to these auctions and the generosity shown by people all over the world, whether it was their time or their money they spent.

Jim Knight, Chris Metcalfe and all the other volunteers at Bravehearts have also been over the moon with the whole process and the generosity people have shown. So many thanks from them too.

Looking to the future I would love to do this again, but will maybe mix things up a little with a watch raffle a some point to keep things interesting.

Once again, thanks to all!

All the best, Michael