closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bregrett Type XX used cost

Bregrett Type XX used cost

Hi
    I posted a few years ago my grail watch was a Type XX Bregret, I came into a bit of money (circa 2k) and was curious what people have seen or what I would expect to pay for one of these now. Is there anything I should look out with used models of this make ?
    Any help would be appreciated, not sure where to post this but this seems a safe forum place.
    thanks
    Brian

Master
    Cheapest used Breguet type XX or XXI, for that matter, that I have seen for sale recently have been at The WatchCentre in London. These usually lack B&Ps though.

I might add, I am currently sat in Schipoll airport looking at the Breguet display and the Type XXI is the best looking watch in the shop by some margin, imvho.
    Last edited by gc52; 8th March 2017 at 17:35.

Thanks gc52. Looks like I need a bit more savings. Encouraging words also on the watch . While watch taste is very personal it's nice you shared that. As I haven't had the pleasure yet of seeing one out of print in the real world . Just have a feeling for it.
    Safe on ward travels
    Brian

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

Double post sorry new to the app ... dont know how to delete
    Last edited by bdkelly72; 8th March 2017 at 17:57. Reason: new to app, sent message twice

Watchcentre do seem to get them in fairly regularly - I think the cheapest price I have seen one for is around the £4k mark although normally they are a bit more depending on age/condition.
    I have looked at these myself - nice watch.

Master
    Hi Brian

Glad to chip in. The cost is quite dependent upon age and condition of course. Plus, if you want the fantastic bracelet it adds £500+ to the price. Also the box and papers will add a further £500+. Watchfinder / Chrono24 have these as full sets but you will pay way over £4k for everything. I am picking up a Rollie next week which will wipe out most of my watch fund but will definitely be getting a Breguet as my next watch. They are really stunning in real life with a nice retro look making them stand out from the crowd. Definitely worth saving up for !

Regards

Gary

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gc52 View Post
    Also the box and papers will add a further £500+.
    Must be a hell of a box!

M.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Must be a hell of a box!

M.
    Yep ! Seems crazy to me too ! Check out the used prices though.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using TZ-UK mobile app

I reckon you could still pick up a used XX for around 3,7k if you lurk around but no B&P at that price point and probably no recent service (which is likely going to cost you serious money)

Thanks All

I didnt think about servicing, but that makes perfect sense.

Thanks again, maybe ill keep my expectations more simple until money is less of an object.

kind regards

Brian

Craftsman
    the cheapest I 've seen was at 2900 GBP 5-6 months ago from a dealer in Malta. He had it on chrono24, the dealer was looking legit since he had some sales history. I often see it from some Austrian dealers too (also chrono24) but the price is slightly higher, about 3.2k+-.

Master
    Just for comparison, the cheapest I have seen on Chrono24 for a Type XX with the full set is £3500 for a 10 (or so) year old watch.

I have tried to buy it twice but the seller has yet to get back to me !

Regards

Gary