closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Black Bay Black "Pencil" hands Mod

Tudor Black Bay Black "Pencil" hands Mod

The Tudor Heritage Black Bay Black is (on paper) a perfect everyday watch. Versatile, classic diver look, in house movement, reasonable value for money, etc...
    I was thinking about buying one, but what keeps me from it are the "snowflake" hands. I find them disproportionate.

But, on this particular model (one off for a charity event), I just simply love the homage to the classic Tudor 7923...

Does anybody know if this set of hands is available and who can do the Mod?

Master
    If you are looking at the earlier version with the eta 2824 you can pretty much find every imaginable type of hands.
    I don't know if the hands of the etas would fit the new in house movement though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    If you are looking at the earlier version with the eta 2824 you can pretty much find every imaginable type of hands.
    I don't know if the hands of the etas would fit the new in house movement though

Aesthetically I would prefer the Tudor rose on the dial (and accurate with the vintage divers from the 50's), but rationally I would prefer the new in house movement...
    Where do you find the hands? Ebay?

ETA model is best choice if you want to mod it, unless you can find out the specs of the inhouse hands.
    And the inhouse dial probably has the feet in the wrong position.

Before I sold my ETA BB Black, I managed to source a BB Blue dial, as I planned to loose the gilt/faux vintage lume (which didnt match the bezel pip!) and add sword hands.

Great idea. One of the reasons i moved my bb blue on was the hands. Just doesn't suit the lume shapes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TZ-UK mobile app

Funny, I would say the hour hand on the One watch is too long, it's almost the same as the minute hand. I do like the pencil hands though.

The minute hand on both the One watch and the Black Bay is perfect. I agree though that the hour snowflake hand looks a bit large and approaches too close to the hour indices, but when the minute hand overlaps the hour hand, it does look quite pleasing and you can see the functional purpose of the design.

That would be a good modification in my eyes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by carvass View Post
    Aesthetically I would prefer the Tudor rose on the dial (and accurate with the vintage divers from the 50's), but rationally I would prefer the new in house movement...
    Where do you find the hands? Ebay?
    The black bezellwd black bay with the eta movement was only available for a short period for time and a lot of people think will appreciate in the future. So that may be a way to go!
    These hands might suit your intentions.
    http://www.shop.sk-watchparts.com/ep...ts/013.172.001
    I have no affiliation with the website. It just popped up after a google search

IMO the rose dial is a hundred times nice than the shield, so - in line with what was said above - go for the black eta version and replace the hands. you can always change them back if you ever wanted to move it on and the eta bbb is probably a safe bet