Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
Weigh in today. 1lb loss which feels a bit disappointing as I've put a lot of effort into the gym in the last week. Still at least it's a loss and I feel much healthier and active. On a positive more people seem to notice the change in my body shape.

Might seem a bit strange, but coming here and recording my results once a week seem to help.
Even a 1lb loss is a positive thing. Don't knock it. Exercise can be a double edged sword. It helps burn off calories BUT it also promotes muscle mass. Since I started really pushing the exercise thing a few years ago (I try every morning at least 50mins on the rower) my weight has gone up. However, as you say, you do feel healthier and you can run up those stairs without feeling dizzy now, and you're body shape improves ;-) I'm at 12'4" which hasn't really moved for a couple of weeks but at least it's not gone back up which, again, is a positive. Light evenings are helping now. Get home early from work (I start before 7am) and then a couple of hours in the garden/orchard/field. In the winter those couple of hours would have been spent moping around the house being tempted by bread and butter - I love bread and butter :-(