closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The motivation weight loss thread

Master

The motivation weight loss thread

Following an earlier suggestion!

Tell us your story, how you're getting on, any tips or ideas and let's help motivate each other.

Myself always on the larger side, got up to 20 1/2 stone and a few years back got down to 17 doing 5 2, which stayed fairly constant. A failed operation 2 years ago and ongoing problems I've drifted up to 19 1/2 stone and with a new daughter enough's enough!

Two weeks ago I started eating healthier (loosely slimming world ideas but not set in stone) and have dropped to 18 3/4. Literally cutting out the 'crap' of crisps, biscuits, sweets and chocolates, has helped. It's going to be a long old road but I'm aiming for 16 stone by the summer.

Post your progress along the way.

I've been a heavy shortie for a lot of my adult life (well since I was early 20s). 5' 5" and at my worst got to 17st 13lb. I managed to get down to 12st 2lb following weight watchers initially then 5:2. I sustained around 12st 10lb and whilst that is still high for me I was very happy.

Sadly a bad 18 months has seen me shoot back up to 15st 12lbs. I was devastated. Anyway back just eating healthily and have lost 6lb. Back in the gym and booked 10 personal training sessions.

I loved 5:2 and did it for a few years as a lifestyle change but struggle with it now. Obviously all I want now is to get back to my weight from a few years ago as quickly as possible. Main goal is to get to 14st 7lb within 2 months and take it from there.

Up until last year my weight varied quite a lot, I could put on and loose the lb's quite easily - Ive been that way most of my adult life

Interestingly, since giving up alcohol my appetite and in consequence my weight is far more stable. I'm 5'11" and weigh in at just over 12 stone - a few saggy bits but nothing drastic considering I'm in my late 50's

I really do think that alcohol is a key factor with many people - your blood sugar bounces around and you end up eating all sorts of stuff at off hours and early in the morning

Never done the 5:2 myself, but it works very well for some of the skinny guys at work.
    There is even a magazine (more like a 'cheap' book) that outlines 3 low calorie meals to see you through the day.

Master
    Doctor telling me I was borderline diabetic has focussed the mind more than a little!
    Lost a stone and a half in 6 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by alanm_3 View Post
    Doctor telling me I was borderline diabetic has focussed the mind more than a little!
    Lost a stone and a half in 6 weeks.

Our resident 'large guy' at work was given a very serious chat by his Doc.
    He joined his local Slimming World, and was their Slimmer of the Year - lost about 6 Stone. Almost unrecognisable from what he was, and looks great

Amazing what you can do when you focus on it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    I loved 5:2 and did it for a few years as a lifestyle change but struggle with it now.
    That's exactly the same for me. Lost loads on it but just can't get back. Problem is I think I pig out too much on the other days. Doing a loose version of slimming world is helpful as I'm always full up.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    That's exactly the same for me. Lost loads on it but just can't get back. Problem is I think I pig out too much on the other days.

The guys at work are always really good on the 2. 500 cals isn't it?

Then on the 5, generally eat whatever they want, without being silly.

Down load Myfitnesspal and stick to 1800 cals a day. Buy a Fitbit (or similar) and try to complete 6500 steps a day. Then get a rowing machine and do 3km/day.

Worked for me. Was 107kg - now 79kg. Took about 3 years and lots of new clothes. But it well worth it

good luck.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Down load Myfitnesspal and stick to 1800 cals a day. Buy a Fitbit (or similar) and try to complete 6500 steps a day. Then get a rowing machine and do 3km/day.

Worked for me. Was 107kg - now 79kg. Took about 3 years and lots of new clothes. But it well worth it

good luck.

I find a Fitbit great motivation too. In fact, with a group of friends on them, it becomes friendly competition when you link online.

After being able to eat what I liked when young, my metabolism began to slow, and without noticing it I gained some weight. I got rid of it, by devising out a daily regime that would necessitate my body munching up the weight slowly but steadily, and then cut absolutely all the crap between the three solid but unexciting meals. After a fortnight, I simply stopped thinking about cake and biscuits and pizzas and desserts and cheese etc etc: they had drifted into the past. And then it was very easy just plodding along with my spartan routine, I had acclimatised to it, and didn't really miss them, once you get used to simply saying "no thank you" the temptation evaporates too.

The thing I have against diets that permit one treat a day or whatever is that it keeps the crap at the front of the poor dieters mind, endlessly reminding them of what they're forgoing. Torment!

Motivation is the key, I've recently been getting death threats from my bathroom scales and now need to sort things out.

My plan is eat less and nothing with anything with above 5% fat per 100g and move more, it sounds simple but eat less/move more will see me fit in the that mankini in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post

good luck.
    Whilst that would work to get the weight off - it's not sustainable. Any male doing a fair amount of exercise should be between 2000-2500, if not substantially more. I used to eat approx 5,000 calories a day and diet on 3,150-3,250.

The only thing that matter, if all you want to do is decrease weight, is eating less energy than you use each day.

If you want to maintain as much muscle as possible, and as a male you do as it decreases substantially every year after 40, you should ensure you get sufficient protein intake, and a fair amount of fats - but try to control your carbs as much as possible.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    After being able to eat what I liked when young, my metabolism began to slow, and without noticing it I gained some weight. I got rid of it, by devising out a daily regime that would necessitate my body munching up the weight slowly but steadily, and then cut absolutely all the crap between the three solid but unexciting meals. After a fortnight, I simply stopped thinking about cake and biscuits and pizzas and desserts and cheese etc etc: they had drifted into the past. And then it was very easy just plodding along with my spartan routine, I had acclimatised to it, and didn't really miss them, once you get used to simply saying "no thank you" the temptation evaporates too.

The thing I have against diets that permit one treat a day or whatever is that it keeps the crap at the front of the poor dieters mind, endlessly reminding them of what they're forgoing. Torment!
    Did your metabolism really slow, or being very honest with yourself, are you just a lot less active than you were in your youth?

Im a hell of a lot less active, but then I eat around 40% less too.

I'm 6'0" tall and five weeks ago today I weighed 230 pounds (don't know about "stones"). Today I was 212.8, down 17.2 pounds. I've totally eliminated all sweets, which I love and crave, and have not been eating hi-calorie or hi-fat foods. I cut back my portions and continue to eat two meals per day. I treat myself with one or two sugar-free dark chocolate Jello brand puddings, each of which is only 60 calories. I'm hoping to hit my goal of 165 pounds by September (my 70th birthday).

I weighed 175 pounds 18 months ago and could run 10 miles, but then my right hip gave out and needed it replaced. I encountered complications several months after surgery that halted my exercise program and I ballooned up 55 pounds, more out of self-pity than lack of exercise. Now I'm back on the horse!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Did your metabolism really slow, or being very honest with yourself, are you just a lot less active than you were in your youth?
    I had a very active job at the time, I was more active then than I had been at any time in my twenties.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I had a very active job at the time, I was more active then than I had been at any time in my twenties.
    It's just very unusual for metabolisms to actually slow that much, in real terms. Most people slow down as they age, which make the biggest difference, which is mostly down to NEAT, and other activity levels.

I was super active before my thyroid packed in - I'm partially active now, gym 4 times a week when I'm back in the British Isles and farm work when in Oz, but nothing like I was 10 years ago, and likewise that didn't compare to 20 years ago.

Blog Entries
    I recently have got rid of 4 stones and have been training right through it. I have got my shape back in all the right areas too.

Well done to all those doing well... and best of luck to those struggling. It can be hard.

I must confess that even though I'm a Brit I don't really 'get' pounds and stones but 5 weeks ago I was 134 kilos and now I am 120 kilos with a target of 90 kilos. 2300 calorie target a day' 13 kilometers walked per day and a weights session 3 times per week.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I don't really 'get' pounds and stones but 5 weeks ago I was 134 kilos and now I am 120 kilos with a target of 90 kilos
    For people who don't get kg, Mr Internet says, roughly: 21, 19 and 14 stone

Jan 14 I decided to do something, have been heavy all my life.

Got a jawbone up and started tracking 10k steps a day, got my fitness pal and put 2 pound a week in it. Finally made the step to go train at my local boxing club, then got a bike on the work scheme. Eat almost what I want to now (can't eat like I used to anyway) and am currently 93kg down from 118! I have been 86 kg at my lowest but it didn't suit me and I have benefited with muscle growth from eating a bit more.

Honesty, once I got into it, it hasn't been hard at all, suppose because I love the boxing training so much, find some excercise you really enjoy 👍

Master
    I got a Fitbit about 5 weeks ago and since then :

- I've set myself a 10 km distance goal every day. This means that I now do stuff like walk from home to the tube station and from the tube station to work ; take the stairs instead of the lift/escalators ; walk wherever possible just to reach my target every day. It doesn't seem to make that much a difference at a first glance, but it really does motivate you to move more
    - I try and do as much cardio as I can now, and I usually manage to get 2 or 3 good sessions a week
    - I try and stay under the recommended calorie count for my weight every day (right now I think it's around 2300 cals/day)
    - I've replaced fizzy drinks with liquid BCAAs. I've been using Scivation Xtend for a while and some of the flavours are really nice, a good substitute if you don't want to only drink water during the day
    - I've replaced the snacks during the day (chocolate/crisps/whatever) with protein bars. I've been using Oh Yeah! Low carb bars for a while now and they're excellent. Almost as good as a real chocolate

The last two points I do because I don't want to lose a lot of muscle mass, which happens if you're on a low calories diet. The BCAAs and protein help prevent you going into a catabolic state.

When I started five weeks ago I was 122 kgs, now I'm 112. Still have about 20 kgs to go to reach my target, but so far I'm happy with how I'm progressing

Good thread!

This is my story, sorry it's a long one! I was settled down at a young age, through my 20's I ballooned up to 96kg/15st6lb which for a relative short ass just tipped me into the obese category. I had a best mate; Neil, who suffered a life changing injury which left him paralysed from the neck down. I wanted to raise some money to help fund the extension and adaptation of his home so I just needed to find a suitable event people may sponsor me for. At this point I was around age 30 and at my heaviest, I had heard of a obstacle coarse race (OCR) from a Personal trainer friend who had run Marathons and OCR's before and he said it was the toughest run he'd ever done, so of course I signed up and gave myself six month to train. To start I would go out for 20 minutes and run a minute, then walk a minute, I was following a beginner 5k training schedule, after 8 weeks I was jogging 5k in just over 30 minutes. I never followed a diet; but needless to say, I cut out refined carbs and other crap, ate low fat, veg heavy meals, I'd restrict myself to lean meat in sensible portions and have only a small portion of starchy foods. Breakfast would be whole grains with fruit and some natural yogurt, lunches would be salads. I found myself losing a stone per month (approx. 6kg) for the first three months.

In total I lost 5 stone/30kg and got down to the upper end of 'Normal' on the Obesity chart. I raised some good funds for my mate; in part because most colleagues thought I'd never do it and would probably die! As a Surveyor I also did the plans for my mates house, tendered the works, procured a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) from the Local Authority and Project Managed his extension, conversion, lift install and adaptation works.

This was 12 years ago now, I am now 42 I am thankful that this unfortunate event changed me a great deal. I am still with my wife, I am still best mates with Neil and I am still within half a stone of the weight I lost back then and still in a 30" waist pair of jeans. I can run 5k in sub 20 minutes.

I was always a heavy kid, I feel like a true example of we are what we eat, it just takes will power and dedication. I do not run so much now as the legs object more easily but instead have turned to Calisthenics training instead; body weight training effectively, which helps focus the mind on keeping the weight off as otherwise the training and moves such as 'human flag' or 'muscle ups' are much harder with every extra pound you carry.

Good luck out there, you can do whatever you want to achieve.

If you want to see where you stand on BMI

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Health...alculator.aspx

I started at around 32, and now sit (proudly) around 23.

I lost 8 kg last year by cutting out carbs and started working with a Personal Trainer. The wheels came off late in the year when my Father died and I got diagnosed with cancer.Probably drank more than I should of.Anyhow put about 5kg back on, I’m still kicking the carbs and working with the PT.Being disabled it hard for me to push the cardio work which I know is the real fat burner.I live on bloody salads so food wise I’m not too bad.Alcohol is also being addressed.
    I’m 90kg at the moment hoping to get to 85kg near to the summer, my target is 80kg but will need to really put in some work to get there!

My BMI is 26.9

Last edited by wildheart; 7th March 2017 at 10:35.

With reference to exercise, I lost all my weight by walking (relatively briskly).

Buy "The Four Hour Body" and "The Four Hour Chef" by Tim Ferris, Read, Do, Win :)

I started yesterday, going for the caveman thing. Lean and clean. I will start training in two weeks once the initial lack of energy has become the norm. I'm hoping to shift 4 stone by Christmas. I seem to live like a boxer these days, I shift the weight quickly but then pile it all back on again.

Craftsman
    I work as a GP.

A few years ago the practice I work in had bought bariatric scales and on the basis of this I persuaded one of our patients (40 year old man) to get weighed. April 2009 he weighed 275kg. He was assessed for bariatric surgery and was told he was too heavy but would be considered if he lost weight. He started to lose weight and ended up LOSING 140kg over the next 3 years without surgery, ending up at 138kg July 2012. Diet and what exercise he could manage.

If he was able to get his excess skin removed my guess is that he would weigh significantly less than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    I seem to live like a boxer these days, I shift the weight quickly but then pile it all back on again.
    A continuous change in lifestyle would see you right Sounds like you can do the hard part, now just keep it off

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by castle View Post
    I work as a GP.

A few years ago the practice I work in had bought bariatric scales and on the basis of this I persuaded one of our patients (40 year old man) to get weighed. April 2009 he weighed 275kg. He was assessed for bariatric surgery and was told he was too heavy but would be considered if he lost weight. He started to lose weight and ended up LOSING 140kg over the next 3 years without surgery, ending up at 138kg July 2012. Diet and what exercise he could manage.

If he was able to get his excess skin removed my guess is that he would weigh significantly less than this.
    They don't remove excess skin on the NHS but some people are embracing it rather than being embarrassed.

Instagram has quite a few success stories and ongoing progress stories

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Genuine question here, but how good is walking for you? What I mean by this is that I often go to the gym, go cycling and exercise when I'm on my health kick but feel I could do more.

I live at the top of a one mile hill and have even though just walking down it and back each lunchtime or at least when I'm not doing anything else. Will this be beneficial or would I just be as well going to the gym for an hour? I actually went out for a walk at dinner today, got the mrs to drop me off and I walked back about 3.5 miles (including our hill of death!)

My mrs and I do get out walking on a Sunday since we moved out the country way although this has been very limited by poor weather but now its picking up i'm just thinking of adding in a few mile walk every other day.

Genuine question here, but how good is walking for you? What I mean by this is that I often go to the gym, go cycling and exercise when I'm on my health kick but feel I could do more.

I am no expert but.....

Obviously any exercise is good for you, and some will burn calories faster than others.
    For me personally I prefer to walk in the country or coast, rather than be stuck inside a gym. Walking is also relatively gentle on your body and joints. Also easy to have a natter with anyone else who walks with you, so a social exercise too.

It is the only form of exercise that I used to lose just over 4 Stone, with also less and healthier food being consumed.

Master
    I think the reality is that any physical activity, whether that's walking, swimming etc is better than none, which in my case was the starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    I am no expert but.....

Obviously any exercise is good for you, and some will burn calories faster than others.
    For me personally I prefer to walk in the country or coast, rather than be stuck inside a gym. Walking is also relatively gentle on your body and joints. Also easy to have a natter with anyone else who walks with you, so a social exercise too.

It is the only form of exercise that I used to lose just over 4 Stone, with also less and healthier food being consumed.
    Thanks - this is what I feel (the any exercise is good for you bit) so as well as doing what I do, on days I won't be cycling or gym (and when I say gym I mean I do classes, such as spinning and interval training). There is so much around where I live (I also live near the pennine trail) that I feel just getting outdoors on days I may not normally have intended to will be beneficial in the long run

Thanks - this is what I feel (the any exercise is good for you bit) so as well as doing what I do, on days I won't be cycling or gym (and when I say gym I mean I do classes, such as spinning and interval training). There is so much around where I live (I also live near the pennine trail) that I feel just getting outdoors on days I may not normally have intended to will be beneficial in the long run
    Every little helps! Get out there and enjoy them there hills!

I also try to walk for 30 mins after each meal

Master
    One thing I highly highly recommend is getting the myfitnesspal app on your phone to track calories.

Sometimes losing track can be the reason to stunted weight loss.

Also all excercise is good for you but ones that elevate your heart rate are the ones that burn big calories.

And one last thing,there is a difference between weight loss and fat loss, they are not one and the same

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Any exercise is good for energy expenditure. It depends on what your goals are, and what time you have to commit. I couldn't face 2 hours in a gym these days, so my sessions are 45 minutes, usually weights and usually reasonably heavy - still nursing a shoulder that needs operating on but manage 140kg bench presses for reps for example, but I am more inclined to do a few more body weight exercises such as dips and pull-ups these days.

If your goal is just to lose weight, then walking, running, swimming, cycling, rowing can be very good. If you want to change, increase, or retain your muscle size then you will need to incorporate some degree of weight bearing exercise. Any rep range from around 6 to 50 will work, but 8-15 is the preferred format, and personally I never do forced reps - I grow just as quick without them, and recover faster.

Again, I would recommend increasing protein, and reducing carbs. Years ago when I used to carry out the bodystats (fat/water etc. percentages) at the gym, as well as take the Aerobics class (lol) a number of people lost a lot of weight but were no lower in body fat percentage. In fact the last time I restricted my calorie intake too much and reduced my weight down to 92kg, I was only about 3% body fat less than my 111kg weight, and a lot weaker.

I wouldn't get caught up in the weight thing - the only thing that really matters is body fat, or more specifically visceral fat rather than subcutaneous fat. if you can get your fat levels down it doesn't matter how much you weigh, you'll feel a lot healthier - think of different cuts of meat that weigh the same - some are very lean and others are marbled all the way though with fat - the fact they are the same weight means nothing. I'd rather be 110kg lean, than 90kg skinny fat!

The funny thing is, I feel nowhere near as bad as the last time I was this weight (about 7 years ago). I'm a size 34 in jeans, some of my coats are Small/Medium and very rarely do I need a large. I know my body shape has changed significantly as well. I had a BUPA health check about 4yrs ago and they said there don't beat yourself up over the weight and BMI - its other factors that matter.

I'm still very annoyed I've let myself get back to this weight though and won't feel good until it starts coming off again. I've used myfitnesspal for years and it does help - but the stress of moving house in 2015 coupled with getting back into bad habits messed up my healthy living. Its a poor excuse though. I started back on the health kick last year for a bit but from August to 2 week ago, I'd put about 20lbs on (I'd been working away for 7 months). Another bad excuse but one I'm over already and 3 weeks of healthy living and eating I feel better already

One odd thing as well was a couple of weeks ago a mate said I look tons better now than when I'd lost all my weight - said I looked too gaunt back then! But would still rather be how I was a few years back

If you lose a single lb every week, in a year's time you'll be 3.7 stone lighter.

Master
    A few years ago I put on some weight - went from 11st to 12st10

I know that doesn't sound like a problem compared to some peoples struggles, but bear in mind I've always been skinny - it's just the way I am. I started eating takeaway more often and drinking more. Anyhow I wasnt happy, and I tried a few different things before finding (by chance) what works for me. This wouldn't get approved by a dietician I admit.

I was really busy at work, to the point lunch became a thing of the past, and I never have time for breakfast in the morning, so my diet now consists of:

Granola bar for breakfast
    No lunch
    2/3 l of water through the day
    Home cooked meal in the evening
    1/2 takeaways at the weekend
    A few Guinness at the weekend, none through the week unless theres football on TV ;-)

It's like the 5:2 diet (in my mind) and I never notice the hunger during the day.

I play football for an hour a week and get 2/3 short runs in a week (5k)

I think it's a case of finding what works for you and sticking to it religiously.
    Last edited by demonloop; 8th March 2017 at 12:33.

7 weeks ago I was 5'11" and 22st 7lb been on the Cambridge diet 800 calories a day now 19st 5lb. And befor anyone chips in with "yes but as soon as you stop you'll pile the weight back on" yes I know but I'm now 3st lighter and starting to think about how much I eat each day and what I need to change in my life.

It's not much fun but as a quick bump start it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by justin44 View Post
    7 weeks ago I was 5'11" and 22st 7lb been on the Cambridge diet 800 calories a day now 19st 5lb. And befor anyone chips in with "yes but as soon as you stop you'll pile the weight back on" yes I know but I'm now 3st lighter and starting to think about how much I eat each day and what I need to change in my life.

It's not much fun but as a quick bump start it works for me.
    Undoubtedly it works. I would just be wary of skin elasticity from dropping weight so quickly.

One other very important thing is to have your next stage already planned for, to start as soon as you finish your extreme stage. Hopefully that will be a sustainable and healthier approach than previously.

Master
    I get this comment occasionally too, and I'm not too thin. It's because we have become used to people being so fat, that we think a full face is healthy.

Pete

One odd thing as well was a couple of weeks ago a mate said I look tons better now than when I'd lost all my weight - said I looked too gaunt back then! But would still rather be how I was a few years back

I don't think "diets" work at all.

If you need help, I would recommend Weight Watcher's, - it's the only eating plan endorsed by doctors, reason being, is that it teaches you about moderation, portion control, and reasonably healthy eating, - which is the best sustainable way to lose weight.

Shake diets and all the other fads very often if not always, in the long run, fail.

Quote Originally Posted by PJdB View Post
    I don't think "diets" work at all.

If you need help, I would recommend Weight Watcher's, - it's the only eating plan endorsed by doctors, reason being, is that it teaches you about moderation, portion control, and reasonably healthy eating, - which is the best sustainable way to lose weight.

Shake diets and all the other fads very often if not always, in the long run, fail.

My pal used Slimming World, and suggests that they teach the same values as WW.
    I was amazed at what he ate, albeit vastly less than when he was huge, and still lost a good 6 Stone.
    Kept it all off too.

Master
    I was amazed at what he ate, albeit vastly less than when he was huge, and still lost a good 6 Stone.
    Kept it all off too.
    I'm actually trying SW at the moment Andrew and I have to say I'm fairly amazed at how much you can eat. I loved 5 2 once before, but just cannot get back into the zone. So far SW seems very doable long term.

The way to it seems to be to avoid bread in the main and oils and fats, so you can eat just about all trimmed meats, pasta and potatoes, unlimited fruit and muller light yoghurts, plus a few syns. You also get two daily extras which could be milk, 2 slices of wholemeal bread for example. An example of what I'm having a day would be:

Breakfast -Porridge microwaved with water, then a splash of cold milk and some sweetener for flavour.
    Yoghurt and an apple.
    Lunch -Jacket potato or pasta bake (jacket may be homemade chili or Bolognese, bake will be peppers and low fat sausages, quark (cheese) ).
    Yoghurt and banana, or apple/orange/grapes.
    Dinner - homemade chips (which actually taste far better than oven chips), two eggs, baked beans and bacon.
    Syns - small low fat chocolate bar, or curly wurly for example.

Pointers - cook in frylight, food can be bland so flavourings like spices.

Not once have I been hungry, nor am I missing the 4 or 5 packets of crisps a day, chocolate bars, cakes and sweets that I was eating regularly.

P.S. Only downside I would say is that everything needs to be prepared from scratch so it is time consuming.

I have been careful to spend a week or so each month 'recalibrating' so I eat more calories (e.g. last night I had takeaway pizza for the first time in months - interestingly I couldn't eat anywhere near as much of it as I used to). After the week is done then I get back to the diet regime. I still maintain the activity levels throughout. It is important to take a break from a restrictive low calorie diet as otherwise all that will happen is your body metabolism will decrease and you will find it harder to lose the weight

Kept it all off too.
    Weight Watchers is more of an eating plan and re-education than a diet.

WW was the original, has been going longer. Slimming World has no boundaries on portion sizes and its harder to follow and be flexible in day to day life. Also the "Leaders" don't have to even have done the plan, unlike WW where all the Leaders have been there and done it. SW is just a franchise that anyone can start up.

Weight loss should be a deeply personal experience. Most methods work. I personally hate low fat diets it makes me feel bad. It makes my skin dry and I also feel very lethargic. I intermittent fast even though I do not need to lose weight. I also eat a high fat diet but the only added days I use are grass fed butter and high quality olive oils.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk