closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1236

Thread: The motivation weight loss thread

I weigh-in each Friday, having started to eat more sensibly and cut out beer on weekdays (or at least try to) since the 4th January.
    I am aiming to lose 0.5kg/wk.

Weight lost at week 3:
    1.7kg

Weight still to lose:
    5.0kg

Keep going all!

Hoping I can tap into the collective knowledge base here.

As I approach 40 in a couple years I have started working on looking after my body after almost 2 decades of abuse from food, wine and thinking I’m invincible in my 20s early 30s when it comes to warming up treating injury etc.

My target is to lose 20k over the next 12 / 18 months - however this is not straight weight loss a bit of body recomposition in terms of lean muscle strength etc.

My work out is generally gym 3/4 times a week focusing on weights 3 x 8 -10 reps or failure if an easily “escapable” movement , I’m not brave enough to go to failure on the bench - ha.

And started playing 1/2 games of 5 a side a week

Diet wise I’m at about 1500 cals per day aiming for 50% from proteins.

My frustration is that I am struggling to loose weight in a consistent manor so wondering if there is something I’m doing wrong.

Ideally I’d like to loose .5 - 1kg a week at a steady rate rather than now where I can loose 2kg one week and gain .5 the next.

Any tips welcome

Muscles are heavier than fat. If you build up muscles you will gain weight.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Craftsman
    I’ve read a very interesting book called ‘Why We Eat (Too Much)’. One of the points that stuck with me is the fact that crash/low calorie diets are not good for long term success.

While you may lose a lot of weight short term. Keeping it off long term will be a constant struggle.

The reason for this according to the book is that you have a weight set point. This is derived by genetics/upbringing/lifestyle.

If your body is used to eating a lot of food, you will have a high set point. And so when you go on a low calorie diet, your mind and body will do all it can to hold on to calories. This means slowing down your metabolism and the feeling of constant hunger.

Your body wants to maintain its set point, so makes it hard to burn fat and your body will try to retain any calories coming in.

The only real way for long term success is to lower calories gradually and taking up resistance training to build muscle which will increase your metabolism as muscle is an active tissue.

As a lifelong yo yo dieter, this approach makes more sense. As I have gone on crash diets only to put more weight back on than I lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    I’ve read a very interesting book called ‘Why We Eat (Too Much)’. One of the points that stuck with me is the fact that crash/low calorie diets are not good for long term success.

While you may lose a lot of weight short term. Keeping it off long term will be a constant struggle.

The reason for this according to the book is that you have a weight set point. This is derived by genetics/upbringing/lifestyle.

If your body is used to eating a lot of food, you will have a high set point. And so when you go on a low calorie diet, your mind and body will do all it can to hold on to calories. This means slowing down your metabolism and the feeling of constant hunger.

Your body wants to maintain its set point, so makes it hard to burn fat and your body will try to retain any calories coming in.

The only real way for long term success is to lower calories gradually and taking up resistance training to build muscle which will increase your metabolism as muscle is an active tissue.

As a lifelong yo yo dieter, this approach makes more sense. As I have gone on crash diets only to put more weight back on than I lost.

Genetics, lifestyle and upbringing is only part of the story ... The gut microbiome is seldom mentioned but it is of more importance than an individual's genes ... identical twins with same genes and lifestyles and diets can have vastly different weights

https://lizearlewellbeing.com/health...ng/diet-myths/. ... worth reading including the links and video therein
    Last edited by sundial; 21st January 2022 at 13:44.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Another 2lb off this week. 9lb off since Christmas now, hopefully another 1.5 stone to go if I am committed for another 3 months or so. Keep going all .

Master
    17st 10 today, that's 2lbs off a stone lost this year, hoping to hit that by the end of the month.

I've joined the "map my run" 1022km challenge and currently in the top 20% of participants just from a dozen or so good walks. The app is called map run but it's an excellent walking aid, recording steps, elevation, pace, calories burned etc. I don't leave it on through the day recording every step I take, just my daily "proper" walk which is usually around 5km.

Master
    Keep going everyone! It's been a tough week where weight loss is concerned for me...

The fry up I had on Monday set me off to a bad start (my own fault I know) and then a frenetic few days in the office led to a much needed bit of light decompression in the pub on Friday evening. The first 2 pints didn't even touch the sides and a succession of different colleagues popping over from the office led me to lose count and I think I had 4-5 pints. Fortunately I didn't give in to a takeaway on the way home and had dinner as normal. However, I did succumb to chocolate later in the night

None of the above was helped by intermittently checking my weight on the scales and not seeing any change from Monday morning, this is precisely why I shouldn't weigh myself daily!

With Friday evening's drinks in mind I have stuck to my calories since but felt myself wavering, particularly this morning. Sunday's usually mean a home cooked breakfast; albeit a healthier one, and today is Mrs. MST Senior's birthday so there will be cake and as we're currently carless have pre-ordered dinner on Deliveroo. The kids have voted for Wagamama, which isn't the end of the world calorie wise. If I save my piece of cake for tomorrow I should be OK.

All in all I'll be glad to get tomorrow's weigh-in out of the way and am hoping that I've achieved something.

Yes - exactly, and I know the tempation is great but one of the best things you guys can do is not to jump on the scales all the time. If you're following a sensible eating plan and getting regular exercise you will lose weight but also, your shape will change. That's why I would recommend some sort of resistance training - bodyweight stuff is great - push ups (you can start these on your knees if you find them difficult and gradually extend until you get to a full push up), all types of lunges, squats, etc. Add in a set of dumbbells and you can do a myriad of exercises to actually develop muscle tone. The best indicator of how you're doing is not the scales but by how you fit into your clothes. If you become fixated on how much you weigh you'll never get a true picture of how you're improving or where you need to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Muscles are heavier than fat. If you build up muscles you will gain weight.

Master
    Well that was a resounding success, believe it or not I was getting a bit anxious about having Wagamama for dinner with weigh-in looming but I needn't have worried...

I've just put away:-

Shu's Shiok Chicken (full serving)
    2 x Tama Squid Balls
    1 x Hoisin Pulled Duck Bun
    1 x Korean BBQ Barbecue Beef Bun
    1 x Chicken Gyoza
    1 x Pulled Pork Gyoza

We also ordered Chicken Yakitori but I skipped these, not that it's made much of a difference as I'm full as an egg. I try as best I can to be as accurate as possible so I weighed what I ate and inputted the figures into Nutracheck rather than going with the generic serving sizes in the app (I wouldn't do this if I wasn't eating at home). That little lot came out at 1,121 kcal and with everything else that I've had today I'm left with just enough to have a cup of tea before bed - I'm honestly quite chuffed!

Master
    2lb down to 16 stone 10.75 pounds this morning, which I'm more than happy to take based on the previous week. I have Nutracheck set for me to lose the maximum it will allow, 2lb per week as this is what it considers to be healthy and sustainable weight loss.

Very pleased with that!

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post

As I approach 40 in a couple years I have started working on looking after my body after almost 2 decades of abuse from food, wine and thinking I’m invincible in my 20s early 30s when it comes to warming up treating injury etc.

My target is to lose 20k over the next 12 / 18 months - however this is not straight weight loss a bit of body recomposition in terms of lean muscle strength etc.

My work out is generally gym 3/4 times a week focusing on weights 3 x 8 -10 reps or failure if an easily “escapable” movement , I’m not brave enough to go to failure on the bench - ha.

My frustration is that I am struggling to loose weight in a consistent manor so wondering if there is something I’m doing wrong.

Ideally I’d like to loose .5 - 1kg a week at a steady rate rather than now where I can loose 2kg one week and gain .5 the next.

Any tips welcome
    Not sure how much you weigh, but losing 20kgs sounds like a lot, and sport potentially 6 times a week combined with only 1500 calories a day sounds extremely challenging.

The long time frame works in your favour, but I'd think about trying to see it as a change to your lifestyle, rather than a list in numerical targets.

Might be worth trying to find 30mins a week for some stretching or yoga, as good flexibility really helps mitigate against the muscle/tendon/ligament injuries that 5 a side with throw up as you get into your 40s, and most blokes ignore this

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post

Any tips welcome
    Well…

Something is incorrect in the above. Otherwise the weight would be falling off you, but maybe not all in a good way. I’d suggest it’s that you think you are consuming only 1500 calories per day. I’m been consuming 2955 cals per day and have lost around 8kg so far.

I do not believe you could train with weights 3 times a week, and play 5 a side each week, on 1500 cals per day. If you did, it would not be that beneficial to your goals anyway. You need to keep your energy levels up, and your enthusiasm and compliance up. 1500 cals just seems a crazy way to go about it. I don’t even hit that low on my very last week as a shock tactic.

What’s your weight and height? & What sort of weights are you lifting on your main lifts?

Also, what’s your typical daily food intake look like, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks etc.?
    It's just a matter of time...

if worried about bench failure just switch machines or exercise , i train on my own and either use the smiths for heavy press or do a dumbell press (which u can drop easy enough if you have too )

I agree with Omegamaniac, I would say 1500 calories is far too low and not sustainable, in regards to macros you mention 50% by way of protein, again I’d suggest this is way too high, at the maximum you will want 1.5-1.8g of Protein per KG of your weight, this should account for circa 35% of your daily calories tops, then you will be wanting 35% of your daily calories coming from complex carbohydrates, jacket potatoes, basmati rice, whole meal pasta/rice, rye/granary bread etc, then finally 30% of your calories from fat, good fats from nuts, fish, egg yolk, meats, olive oil, Greek yogurt, avocado, etc. Keep in mind the cross over of macros, ie, fish will give both protein and fat. It might sound a lot of fat but were talking calories not quantity by weight. Both Protein and Carbohydrate in their pure form are around 4 calories per gram, whereas fats are around 9 calories per gram. Trust me you can eat really well if you make things from scratch and swerve junk food. Bulk everything out with plenty of veggies and salad, they are essential for micronutrients, fibre and vitamins. I think 20kg in a year is easily doable, what will be harder is to be eating in a calorie deficit which will illicit weight loss but you will find it hard to build lean tissue (muscle) whilst eating a low calorie diet. A couple of years ago (age 44) I did a 12 week body transformation under the direction of a nutritionist and PT, she had me eating 2250 calories per day, pretty much a 200 per day deficit. I lost 1.5 stone but for me what was more my target was getting to around 10% body fat and a six pack. I had a similar outlook/goal to you when I hit 30. I was obese and weighed 96kg which is a lot for a shortish bloke, I lost 30kg over a year. You can easily do 20. Seeing a good nutritionalist was the best £100 I have ever spent.

I have posted this before but heres me as a before and after. It’s doable for you too.

Good luck buddy.

Further to the above I will add, I have let myself go through the pandemic, plus have had Long Covid for five months. I turned to food and booze, throughout, so I too am back on the healthy living of counting calories, training and quit drinking. Maybe by the summer I will be back in shape.

Good luck Yumma, your previous transformation is a good inspiration and shows what you can do with following a good plan. I’m sure with the knowledge of going through it before you’ll be able to pick a target date/weight and be fairly close to hitting it almost exactly.

Too many people clean up their diet with what they perceive to be healthy foods, but still eat too much of it or add dressings and high calorie flavourings etc.

The most important things for me are your macro profile, then exercising for your goals, and then micronutrients to stay healthy long term.

Id like to be around 40% protein, 30% fats and 30% carbs, but my flexible eating probably doesn’t average out like that when I take into account weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Good luck Yumma, your previous transformation is a good inspiration and shows what you can do with following a good plan. I’m sure with the knowledge of going through it before you’ll be able to pick a target date/weight and be fairly close to hitting it almost exactly.

Too many people clean up their diet with what they perceive to be healthy foods, but still eat too much of it or add dressings and high calorie flavourings etc.

The most important things for me are your macro profile, then exercising for your goals, and then micronutrients to stay healthy long term.

Id like to be around 40% protein, 30% fats and 30% carbs, but my flexible eating probably doesn’t average out like that when I take into account weekends.
    Thanks buddy, great macro strategy too. Good luck all.

Master
    I’d suggest it’s that you think you are consuming only 1500 calories per day. I’m been consuming 2955 cals per day and have lost around 8kg so far.
    This.

Its so easy to mis-guess how many calories you are consuming if you don't weigh it out. May seem tedious but its an eye opener!

You think your having a bowl of cereal and assume its one serving, maybe a tad more. When you weigh your 'serving' you realise its closer to 3 and your intake calorie wise has tripled.

Nuts and cheese are lovely nutritious food, a bag of kp salted peanuts 250g is over 1500 cals, easy to demolish half a bag when watching a movie or 'snacking' - thats 750 cals.

If anything, weigh your food just so you get to understand how much you get for your calories. Too many people guess and then wonder why theres minimal loss if any.

also stay away from sauces ketchup, salad cream etc loaded with sugar and you dont realise how many cals they add.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Estoril-5 View Post
    This.

Its so easy to mis-guess how many calories you are consuming if you don't weigh it out. May seem tedious but its an eye opener!

You think your having a bowl of cereal and assume its one serving, maybe a tad more. When you weigh your 'serving' you realise its closer to 3 and your intake calorie wise has tripled.

Nuts and cheese are lovely nutritious food, a bag of kp salted peanuts 250g is over 1500 cals, easy to demolish half a bag when watching a movie or 'snacking' - thats 750 cals.

If anything, weigh your food just so you get to understand how much you get for your calories. Too many people guess and then wonder why theres minimal loss if any.

also stay away from sauces ketchup, salad cream etc loaded with sugar and you dont realise how many cals they add.
    Agreed, even whilst using Nutracheck which gives you the calories on a plate (no pun intended) I still try to weigh whatever I'm eating or drinking and the kcal value is different quite often; dramatically so in some cases.

For example, I had a Fibre One chocolate fudge brownie this morning, the packet weight is 24g but the actual weight was 27g. 3g difference, big deal! I hear you say, but in this case that constitutes an extra 9 kcals. Multiply that by X and you may just blow your calorie target and undermine your efforts.

I'm not suggesting you carry a pair of scales around everywhere you go, you could do - I have a set in the office, but it's worth doing where practicable.

I'm 6'4" and currently weigh 16st 10.8lb, in order for me to lose 2lb per week my current base calorie target is 1,937 kcal per day.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    Agreed, even whilst using Nutracheck which gives you the calories on a plate (no pun intended) I still try to weigh whatever I'm eating or drinking and the kcal value is different quite often; dramatically so in some cases.

For example, I had a Fibre One chocolate fudge brownie this morning, the packet weight is 24g but the actual weight was 27g. 3g difference, big deal! I hear you say, but in this case that constitutes an extra 9 kcals. Multiply that by X and you may just blow your calorie target and undermine your efforts.

I'm not suggesting you carry a pair of scales around everywhere you go, you could do - I have a set in the office, but it's worth doing where practicable.

I'm 6'4" and currently weigh 16st 10.8lb, in order for me to lose 2lb per week my current base calorie target is 1,937 kcal per day.
    I'm using Nutracheck as well and whilst I think its a brilliant app, I go on the basis that I'm slightly underestimating things to be safe.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I'm using Nutracheck as well and whilst I think its a brilliant app, I go on the basis that I'm slightly underestimating things to be safe.
    The other thing to be wary of is that sometimes the nutritional values have changed so I always double check the kcals on the pack just in case.

This.

Agreed on all points, apart from the ketchup. Most ketchups are around 1 cal per gram, and can be used to reduce cals elsewhere - I always buttered one slice of a sandwich and ketchup’d the other for example. Adds sweetness and reduces around 35-50 cals on each of my sandwiches.

Salad cream has around 3 times the cals of ketchup, so I’d use sparingly if at all - I’ve dropped it completely.

Master
    This.

Hmmmm, but their average "recommended" serving size is about one mouthful of peanuts

I used to save mine - stick a 30g serving of doritos or something on my calorie tracker every day, save them up and trough the full bag on a Friday night
    I know that's not productive, but it's still the same weekly calorie intake, worked OK for me :wink:
    I'm still having Saturday as a cheat day - if I want something, I have it. On my lads birthday we had a dominos take-away. Now THATS a frightening calorie intake, one large pizza is about two days worth!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Hmmmm, but their average "recommended" serving size is about one mouthful of peanuts

I used to save mine - stick a 30g serving of doritos or something on my calorie tracker every day, save them up and trough the full bag on a Friday night
    I know that's not productive, but it's still the same weekly calorie intake, worked OK for me :wink:
    I'm still having Saturday as a cheat day - if I want something, I have it. On my lads birthday we had a dominos take-away. Now THATS a frightening calorie intake, one large pizza is about two days worth!!!
    Agreed re: serving size, the main takeaway (no pun intended) is to gauge what a serving size is and what the calories are. That way you can gauge how many servings you are having when you have some peanuts for example and log the correct cals and track correctly. if youre not measuring/weighing your food (and tracking) youre more likely to go over your calorie goal.

Master
    I'll add, watch those posh coffee drinks that people buy on the way to work. Some can be very high calories.

Black coffee for me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Essexman View Post
    I'll add, watch those posh coffee drinks that people buy on the way to work. Some can be very high calories.

Black coffee for me please.
    Absolutely, I used to love a Latte with sugar, then I saw the calories, now I have dropped sugar and drink either black or an Americano with a dash of milk (25 calories). I swapped out semi skimmed milk for Almond milk in overnight Oats too and measure out 2/3rds of a cup measure, saved a tonne of calories. Often it’s just these little changes which make huge differences.

I’m not giving up my daily latte for anything lol ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I’m not giving up my daily latte for anything lol ;)

Well I can say now that I'm 3 days into it that Covid knocks the heck out of anything else for short term weight loss!

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I’d love to know the “how to make it into food” as well from that. I’m getting too old to it get it right and my days of food education are long behind me.

86kg want to loose 10kg, 176cm and a shocking bmi.
    I went from roughly 82KG to 66KG ( same height approx ) or something like that if i recall, in about 12 weeks.

No apps or anything special working out calories etc, i just cut out breakfast totally, had two simple means a day, cut out all junk food and drinks.
    No bread products or chips etc. Fruit inbetween meals.
    Went on an indoor bike for about 30 - 50 minutes a day 6 days a week ( worked hard untill really soaking with sweat )

A good chunk of the weight came off in the first 4 weeks and then slowed down alot after that.

I have gone back upto 70KG now but only through being lazy in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Well I can say now that I'm 3 days into it that Covid knocks the heck out of anything else for short term weight loss!
    I’m not advocating taking or not taking vaccines, and wouldn’t recommend it as a fat loss strategy, but I lost 5kg from being unable to eat/drink properly after the booster jab. I think I probably got around 2.5kg back over the following two weeks though.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    I went from roughly 82KG to 66KG ( same height approx ) or something like that if i recall, in about 12 weeks.

No apps or anything special working out calories etc, i just cut out breakfast totally, had two simple means a day, cut out all junk food and drinks.
    No bread products or chips etc. Fruit inbetween meals.
    Went on an indoor bike for about 30 - 50 minutes a day 6 days a week ( worked hard untill really soaking with sweat )

A good chunk of the weight came off in the first 4 weeks and then slowed down alot after that.

I have gone back upto 70KG now but only through being lazy in the winter.
    On the figures alone, that weight loss looks very impressive, but…

If it was good weight loss i.e. fat, that it would be equivalent to dropping around 1500 calories a day from your existing diet every day over 12 weeks from the amount you needed each day for maintenance - so undoubtedly the loss likely included far too much lean tissue and water.

Master
    Low carb diet best for weight loss explained...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZSVu...dium=copy_link

Absolutely!!!

Although, it should be noted that most overweight people are overweight because they’ve predominantly been eating too many carbs! Something that likely started by their naive parents sending them to school on F’n cereal!

3lb off this week, hope you are all doing well with your progress too

Master
    16 stone 7.7 pounds this morning, 3.1lb down from last week and it hasn't felt like too much of an effort.

I'm having my customary Monday cheat day today but that doesn't mean I'll go all out, all day - usual healthy breakfast, healthy lunch and then dinner and [more than] a few drinks tonight, and maybe some chocolate! Where possible I try not to "cheat" past about Wednesday, anything closer to my next weigh-in day gives me the jitters unless I've got a specific plan.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    3lb off this week, hope you are all doing well with your progress too
    Nice rack

Weigh-in from last Friday..

Weight lost at week 4:
    2.6kg

Weight still to lose:
    4.1kg

I am very pleased so far.
    (I am aiming to lose 0.5kg/wk.)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    Weigh-in from last Friday..

Weight lost at week 4:
    2.6kg

Weight still to lose:
    4.1kg

I am very pleased so far.
    (I am aiming to lose 0.5kg/wk.)
    That's excellent that you're smashing your weekly target, you'll be there in no time on this basis.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MST View Post
    16 stone 7.7 pounds this morning, 3.1lb down from last week and it hasn't felt like too much of an effort.

I'm having my customary Monday cheat day today but that doesn't mean I'll go all out, all day - usual healthy breakfast, healthy lunch and then dinner and [more than] a few drinks tonight, and maybe some chocolate! Where possible I try not to "cheat" past about Wednesday, anything closer to my next weigh-in day gives me the jitters unless I've got a specific plan.
    Well done.

As of this morning 10lbs down in January. Not trying to overthink it at all. Sticking to 2,000 calories a day, averaged out so about 14,000 calories a week, all logged on nutracheck for ease, 15,000 steps a day and some light weights and press ups. Finding it relatively easy as I've accepted that 2lbs a week is far more realistic than doing something extreme which always comes back on!

Master
    I’ve lost about 2.5kg in January which I’m delighted with. I’ve cut out crisps and chocolate completely and managed dry January (except for one beer for a toast at a wake which I couldn’t bring myself to refuse). I have also added a 45 minute walk 5 days a week.

I’m going to stay dry during the weekdays in February and continue with the healthy lunches and walks. Hoping to drop another 1.5kg in Feb

Keep going all. This thread has been very useful and motivating so thanks to all contributors!

Master
    I’ve been all over the place a this month, not been great on the diet for a variety of reasons, eg stopping my antidepressant meds which has been a bit of a challenge.

I have had 5 days eating really healthily and walking to find not much has changed. Other times I’ve been good but not perfect and lost weight.

After all the gains and losses (avoiding ups and downs for clarity!) I’m only about 1kg down but I seek to lose a bit then gain half back and then lose a bit more. Trend is on the right direction but will take a bit longer to get there.

I hate cold weather despite never feeling cold myself and love nice warming stodgy food like a good Mac and cheese. This of course requires a hearty red and therein lies my biggest downfall.

The new scales give my metabolic age at 49 so plus 4yrs on my actual. This is a motivator for me as last time we had some of this proper equipment in my last work place I was as young as was possible to be. I want that back as felt great.

As long as you are making progress overall, a few steps back sometimes can actually be a good thing for the longer term.

I hope everyone is well and staying positive.

On a slightly fun note, I’ve bought my first pair of 32in waist jeans in, well more years than I’d care to remember - I used to have a 30in waist and 49in chest, so I’m very pleased that over 20 years later I’m not too far away from that - but I fear (I know) it’s partly (or maybe mostly) down to the vanity sizing, and my 47in chest has at least 2 inches of extra fat layering these days! But still, it felt nice having to have to ask for a smaller size, pair of jeans and then another smaller pair :)

Have a great week.
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 1st February 2022 at 11:22.

Master
    17st 7.5 this morning... that marks a stone plus half a pound off in Jan (about 6.5kg!). Absolutely buzzing, and I have a new gym membership kicking off tonight with a boot-camp class on Thursday nights.

That follows a badly behaved weekend with a Nando's meal out on Friday and a takeaway curry on Saturday (after filing my tax return - I needed a treat!)

Sunday morning I went out for a long walk, 9/10km around the local paths and trailways... then I got in my car and went shopping, forgetting to turn off my "Map my Walk" app.
    Had to delete the whole ****ing session as it looked like I'd done 20-odd kilometres in record time, so after a 5k last night it's put me at 93km on the 1022 challenge.

Master
    As long as you are making progress overall, a few steps back sometimes can actually be a good thing for the longer term.

On a slightly fun note, I’ve bought my first pair of 32in waist jeans in, well more years than I’d care to remember - I used to have a 30in waist and 49in chest, so I’m very pleased that over 20 years later I’m not too far away from that - but I fear (I know) it’s partly (or maybe mostly) down to the vanity sizing, and my 47in chest has at least 2 inches of extra fat layering these days! But still, it felt nice having to have to ask for a smaller size, pair of jeans and then another smaller pair :)

Have a great week.

Oooof, I daydream about my early 20's and 30"-32" waist jeans

I did find a pair of particularly unforgiving 36" waist Diesel jeans in the sales a couple of weeks ago. They were still a fortune and are miles too small but I bought them anyway, I reckon I'll be in those by next Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    Oooof, I daydream about my early 20's and 30"-32" waist jeans

I did find a pair of particularly unforgiving 36" waist Diesel jeans in the sales a couple of weeks ago. They were still a fortune and are miles too small but I bought them anyway, I reckon I'll be in those by next Christmas.
    I’m sure my jeans are some kind of special edition US elastic waist specials lol but they fit very well, imo of course.

Plenty of very good motivation above, well done those that have lost a few pounds or stone in some cases.
    A month of healthy eating with nothing but home made food and plenty of salad, combined with dry January lots of walking and I’m currently 17lbs down.

Now then, working away this week and sat in a lovely pub in Ditchling, very tempting to try a glass of red wine....
    😊

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Plenty of very good motivation above, well done those that have lost a few pounds or stone in some cases.
    A month of healthy eating with nothing but home made food and plenty of salad, combined with dry January lots of walking and I’m currently 17lbs down.

Now then, working away this week and sat in a lovely pub in Ditchling, very tempting to try a glass of red wine....
    😊
    17lb is a superb achievement, keep going buddy, you are smashing it

Cheers.

I fully expect it slow down now, but that’s fine, I’m in good routine and I’m going to hold onto it.
    Back in clothes that didn’t fit, six pack by summer 🙂

Master

Have a great week.
    Great news on the jeans. I have several unworn pairs I purchased when I assumed I’d have been down by now. Oh well.

The trend is down, so I’m happy with where it is going. I have done faster losses but it has not been fun. I have a few months before I need to be in speedos lol. Rather enjoy life and get there steadily.

Another Tom K book purchase, but finding the options for food interesting and need some excitement. I have planned out my breakfast and lunches for the next week or so.